MOTM Bury (H)  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match for the derby day delight against Bury?

• Iversen
    • Hamer
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Hunt
    • Lang
    • Maouche
    • Missilou
    • Nepomuceno
    • O'Grady
    • Surridge

6 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I'd go so far as to say it was wrong... Keeper has the ball in two hands until O'Grady collides with him:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/siteassets/image/201819/season/29--bury-a/eg13_oldham_v_bury_151218_028.jpg/Large

Nice to be on the right end of these decisions for once though.

Look closely at the picture. The Keeper’s hands look the wrong way round to me - not sure he had hold of the ball properly and that’s why he dropped it. Also, O’Grady’s contact is minimal. 

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Look closely at the picture. The Keeper’s hands look the wrong way round to me - not sure he had hold of the ball properly and that’s why he dropped it. Also, O’Grady’s contact is minimal. 

He has both hands on it and they look the right way round to me,  This place would explode with indignation if that was not given as a foul vs our keeper.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He has both hands on it and they look the right way round to me,  This place would explode with indignation if that was not given as a foul vs our keeper.

If that happened to me on a Sunday I'd be livid if ref didn't give me the free kick. Keeper normally gets those. Glad he didn't. Reminds me of one at PNE a few years ago, their winner. Looked a clear push on keeper and wasn't given.

Like has already been mentioned, it's about time a big decision went our way.

Also the double block from Clarke near the end followed by Edmundson was fantastic. Absolute bodies, heads, the lot on the line

41 minutes ago, mossleyblue said:

From where I was sat in the North Stand it looked the keeper jumped and fell against OGrady who was behind him and seem to almost chuck it in himself. There was a scramble on the line and I thought the linesman was flagging to say it had actually crossed the line, not a foul.

That’s exactly what happened from my view too.  It was actually an OG for the keeper. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

That’s exactly what happened from my view too.  It was actually an OG for the keeper. 

That's how it appeared  to me stood in the RRE.Our fans were chanting dodgy keeper and the keeper looked  shocked by his error.

A good day improved by the Chelsea and Liverpool results on Sunday.  Kusunga scored an own goal and we are all, well nearly all, getting a little excited.

Top 12 at Christmas and we will finish top 7.  Top 7 at Christmas and we can get a lot excited.

Took a Liverpool and an Arsenal supporter who thought the first half was top drawer pressing.  Maouche doesn't appear any bigger but is a lot stronger and he and Missile are making the midfield their own.

I don't blame Rhodes for past performances, I just think Bunn is making the transition to a manager and has created a team spirit that was so lacking at the end of last season.  Sadly for the energetic Dan his absence has been a plus because he is no longer pulling the team out of shape and then giving the ball away.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

A good day improved by the Chelsea and Liverpool results on Sunday.  Kusunga scored an own goal and we are all, well nearly all, getting a little excited.

Top 12 at Christmas and we will finish top 7.  Top 7 at Christmas and we can get a lot excited.

Took a Liverpool and an Arsenal supporter who thought the first half was top drawer pressing.  Maouche doesn't appear any bigger but is a lot stronger and he and Missile are making the midfield their own.

I don't blame Rhodes for past performances, I just think Bunn is making the transition to a manager and has created a team spirit that was so lacking at the end of last season.  Sadly for the energetic Dan his absence has been a plus because he is no longer pulling the team out of shape and then giving the ball away.

I fail to see how Liverpool even winning the toss can be a good result.

Not wanting to be a party pooper, but we are all getting very excited on here, just like last year after we beat Northampton 5-1 - and we know what happened next.

Lets put it in context. Bury are the first team we have played above us in the table that we have beaten.

Yes, the last few performances have been a huge upgrade on what we have seen before, and this, plus the Lincoln game with 10 men gives alot of reason to be optimistic - but I still think it should be a very cautious optimism...

11 minutes ago, z3spacial said:

Not wanting to be a party pooper, but we are all getting very excited on here, just like last year after we beat Northampton 5-1 - and we know what happened next.

Lets put it in context. Bury are the first team we have played above us in the table that we have beaten.

Yes, the last few performances have been a huge upgrade on what we have seen before, and this, plus the Lincoln game with 10 men gives alot of reason to be optimistic - but I still think it should be a very cautious optimism...

And we have only lost to MK Dons and Newport above us.Stop pooping.

35 minutes ago, z3spacial said:

We normally have little to get excited about, let us get carried away just once in a while. 

3 hours ago, z3spacial said:

Don't come on here with your fancy idioms. :D

I still don't think this got the exposure it needed.

1262 BUCKET SHAKERS. When they're the most in form team in the league, highest scoring team and sat 4th.

I can't be arsed getting numbers, but we took 2800? For a relegation scrap?

If we were away, in their position last week, we'd have taken 3,000.

Same with Dale. 3,500 year on year compared to their 1200.

Our home attendances are shocking but our following takes the piss 💙

They'll both always be our little neighbours,  and come May I f*cking hope we'll be swapping positions.