Exeter

On 12/18/2018 at 10:01 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Usually a group of 6 of us in the family stand. None of us there this weekend. As for the fixture itself, what an absolute sack of shite it is having Exeter and their fans travel all the way up here 3 days before Christmas. Not our problem, like, but still disgraceful...

Absolutely agree with the sentiment of this and it was the same for our fans last year at Plymouth (although I certainly benefitted).

To be honest though if fans are that keen to do it then it actually becomes one of the easier trips up because of the flights to Manchester and back.  We're flying up early on Saturday and back early on the Sunday.  A flight back on the Saturday evening would be ideal for most fans but with flights back in the morning, afternoon and evening on the Sunday there's a fair amount of flexibility.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:01 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Usually a group of 6 of us in the family stand. None of us there this weekend. As for the fixture itself, what an absolute sack of shite it is having Exeter and their fans travel all the way up here 3 days before Christmas. Not our problem, like, but still disgraceful...

On 12/18/2018 at 10:32 PM, daniel said:

Agreed, weren’t we at Plymouth last season a few days before xmas? Shambles.

I didn’t get this train of thought for us at Plymouth and I still don’t get it now. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Some Exeter fans will have finished work already and have several days off ahead making it an ideal week for such a long away trip. 

For the others it’ll business as usual and they’d rather have this fixture on a Saturday than a Tuesday, surely? 

What am I missing? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Both sides unchanged from last week.

The middle of the pitch is where it'll be won or lost for us.  Archie Collins is their unknown quantity in there.  I feel confidence with our front two against their centre backs but Hamer and Lang will have to be on their guard against their left side.

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It is, but one or two injuries and we look threadbare again.

Where would you strengthen in Jan? 

Midfield would be my priority, someone like Perkins who can run a game and at least one new wide man. Happy with the defence and our striker options are pretty decent now O'Grady has found some forms to add to Surridge, Lang and Miller, think Bunn prefers to have a tight knit group so I'd say we may only see two maybe three signings in January, quality over quantity needed for me if we are to push on in the second half of the season. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Midfield would be my priority, someone like Perkins who can run a game and at least one new wide man. Happy with the defence and our striker options are pretty decent now O'Grady has found some forms to add to Surridge, Lang and Miller, think Bunn prefers to have a tight knit group so I'd say we may only see two maybe three signings in January, quality over quantity needed for me if we are to push on in the second half of the season. 

I think a wide man is a good shout.

Centre midfield seems to have settled,  missilo and Maouche look like they could be forming a nice partnership, Lyden to come in if necessary.  I’d like another centre half, keep George on his toes, and cover in case Clarke get injured. 

As you say, I think it will only be 2, 3 max. Just to maintain the spirit. 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It is, but one or two injuries and we look threadbare again.

Where would you strengthen in Jan? 

Another experienced centre-half to take some of the workload off Clarke and provide cover if he's unavailable. 

Jose's posted something on his Instagram about not being too far away from getting his boots on, which is good. 

Fane is probably not far away from doing some light training. 

Keep Lyden and Lang on top. 

50 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Think we've been the better team overall but they were threatening before their goal.  Missilou very impressive, Maouche good on the ball and attacking 4 playing at pace.  My brother (Exeter fan) rates Surridge as the best striker in the league that he's seen on this showing.

Think we’d rather have had Stockley today  😃😏