Carlisle (A)

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Heard the owner had a few things to say after Saturday and it didn't go down well.

Heard from..? Player? 

So allegedly someone (doesn’t matter who it is actually) tells them the second half against Exeter was shit and they decide to sulk and down tools?  Don’t buy it...even this mob aren’t that unprofessional.  

These kinds of rumours are actually disrespectful to the players. 

Edited by kowenicki

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Heard the owner had a few things to say after Saturday and it didn't go down well.

If AL seriously thought having words with the team after Saturday's performance was the right way to go, then he kind of deserves a result like today.  Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction if true.

Not that it excuses the players and management today for letting the fans down.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Heard from..? Player? 

So allegedly someone (doesn’t matter who it is actually) tells them the second half against Exeter was shit and they decide to sulk and down tools?  Don’t buy it...even this mob aren’t that unprofessional.  

Think there is a bit more to it than just Exeter...

53 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I think the problem is actually fairly simple: we have a squad of players who are not very good and our manager is a novice who may or may not ever become a decent manager

The idea that we will be in the play offs is dreamland

Agree with first part, but not the 2nd bit. We aren’t that far off the play offs so definitely isn’t dreamland.  One decent signing could make all the difference. Fine margins and all that. 

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bullshit. It was basics. They had 9 shots, same as us.  6 went in because of a lack of defensive desire from the whole team and a total lack of defensive skill from the back 4.  They were bang average and won 6-0, which is worrying for us.  Until they scored I thought they looked terrible and a bit nervous actually.

If they're bang average and win 6-0 it kind of sums up how good the manager is. 

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Then say it properly Mr Cryptic.

I don't know the fella who told me well enough to say it is 100% gospel to be honest, just that there's been a few funny things going on in recent weeks.

Also said we've inquired about getting Kean Bryan back on loan.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

I don't know the fella who told me well enough to say it is 100% gospel to be honest, just that there's been a few funny things going on in recent weeks.

Once again, stop being cryptic.What “funny things”? 

The phrase “ put up or shut up” springs to mind.

Kean Bryan wont drop to league 2, we need about 3/4 players bringing in to give this lot some rest.. They all know there is very little competition for places and despite a shocking result like today they will still play the next game..

This is the weakest squad i have witnessed in my 35 years of watching us..

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think there is a bit more to it than just Exeter...

I don't doubt what you're claiming (let's face, it he has form) but until Exeter he surely hasn't had much to complain about for a while?

That said, we have just lost 6-0 to a side that has Anthony fucking Gerrard in it's starting line-up, so something strange must've gone on..

Edited by JoeP
Double use of "That said" and general Boxing day drunken grammar..

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I don't doubt what you're claiming - let's face, it he has form. That said, until Exeter he surely hasn't had much to complain about for a while?

That said, we have just lost 6-0 to a side that has Anthony fucking Gerrard in it's starting line-up, so something strange must've gone on..

Someone closer to it might be able to put some meat on the bones either way.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Is this the one who works at the PFA or FA? I can't quite keep up with your sources.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is this the one who works at the PFA or FA? I can't quite keep up with your sources.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Only have a PFA source and this hasn't come from there.

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Someone closer to it might be able to put some meat on the bones either way.

yarddog73 are you not learning anything here? The bloke appears when we lose and disappears when we win. Just ignore his one liners and let him wallow in his own brilliance.

Anyone can say there is trouble in the camp. You biting every time just makes him feel more important.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

yarddog73 are you not learning anything here? The bloke appears when we lose and disappears when we win. Just ignore his one liners and let him wallow in his own brilliance.

Anyone can say there is trouble in the camp. You biting every time just makes him feel more important.

Strange summation.

Typical Latics.

You're sat 1 nil up at home watching us play Exeter, up to 5th in the 'as it stands ' table...thinking that 'we aren't possibly going to lose against these' and 'get something out of the Carlisle and Vale games and will be cementing ourselves in the top'...

Well.....

😶

2 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

Typical Latics.

You're sat 1 nil up at home watching us play Exeter, up to 5th in the 'as it stands ' table...thinking that 'we aren't possibly going to lose against these' and 'get something out of the Carlisle and Vale games and will be cementing ourselves in the top'...

Well.....

😶

Instead we've been super glued to League Two for at least another season, high Hope's completely shattered!

8 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

Typical Latics.

Well.....

😶

It's the Hope that kills you..... and I don't mean Callum.

19 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

Typical Latics.

Well.....

😶

Yep, I think Saturday was a big game to lose.   Would have been 3 points better off, in the play-offs at Christmas, "play-off rivals" wouldn't have had 3 points, could have gone into these two aways with less pressure..

...then again, if Mark Hughes hadn't scored THAT goal.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

So where is this rumour circulating? Twitter? FB?   I haven’t seen it.  

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Heard from..? Player? 

It happened...