Carlisle (A)

10 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Hope we get a decent turnout, I get nowt but grief from Carlisle fans saying we never bring many up here !!

Anyway safe journey and hope the team and fans can make me proud of my home town and I can have the bragging rights up here for a change.

Should be a good game with goals galore.

Wow

Disappointed and ashamed of the players.

I give them more credit than they deserve at times but there is no defending that, lack of skill, lack of quality but the thing that gets me is the lack of effort and will to perform.

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Wow

Disappointed and ashamed of the players.

I give them more credit than they deserve at times but there is no defending that, lack of skill, lack of quality but the thing that gets me is the lack of effort and will to perform.

It’s never nice supporting Oldham when your beaten in your home town, i’ve had to watch Fleetwood rise from the lower depths of non league to now be in a higher league than us and also beating us a couple of times in the last couple of seasons.

I was hoping we would bounce straight back up to save further embarrassment but its not looking good.

33 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

It’s never nice supporting Oldham when your beaten in your home town, i’ve had to watch Fleetwood rise from the lower depths of non league to now be in a higher league than us and also beating us a couple of times in the last couple of seasons.

I was hoping we would bounce straight back up to save further embarrassment but its not looking good.

That's football for you, teams rise, teams fall...shifting sands and all that.
It's only a game.

Sheridan’s interview is how passionate I want Bunn to sound. There hasn’t been an interview Bunn has sounded like that or had any dominance / drive over this side all season. 

To me sheridan spoke like he was still Oldham manager for a fair bit of that interview. 

Maybe AL is trying to get Bunn to walk without having to pay him. 

Edited by adamoafc

38 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Sheridan’s interview is how passionate I want Bunn to sound. There hasn’t been an interview Bunn has sounded like that or had any dominance / drive over this side all season. 

To me sheridan spoke like he was still Oldham manager for a fair bit of that interview. 

Maybe AL is trying to get Bunn to walk without having to pay him. 

There’s no doubt in my mind it was a huge mistake getting rid of him. 

• Like 1

I actually thought we came out the more confident team, knocking it about well, sharp movements, nice touches etc. Carlisle barely touched it the opening ten, problem is we didn't do much with it either. 

Then became the crossing...well fuck me. 1 cross after another overhit, under hit, just terrible. 

Surridge as good as he is, couldn't get the ball under control and looked like someone who knows he won't be here in a couple of weeks...

Their 1st came from the first real attack but they clearly had a tactic of let oldham piss about with it, get it off them then sprint to the goal as there was 5 Carlisle players in the box when the first went in.

2nd was a howler from Iversen, he has to catch that I'm sorry. He's flapped it right to their player who has passed across to a team mate to an open net. 

I left once the 4th went in, I was embarrassed. I hope the rumours of unrest aren't true, but if AL didn't go in the dressing room after Exeter, I wouldn't blame him if he did after today. I certainly would! Absolutely shambolic result that today.

If he did go into the dressing room after Exeter then that's ludicrous, we didn't even play badly. IMO, we where the better side but came up against a very good midfielder in number 8 and the best striker in the league. 

That today however was simply not good enough. 

The Xmas day stuff is a load of bollocks as well. Most teams are in Xmas day, a Tranmere player took a selfie of him at training having a laugh, they won 3-1 today, has fuck all to do with it. We got stuffed by an average team who had however clearly watched us, seen we like to knock it about but once we lose it, know that if they attack us directly we capitulate. Especially down the flanks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I actually thought we came out the more confident team, knocking it about well, sharp movements, nice touches etc. Carlisle barely touched it the opening ten, problem is we didn't do much with it either. 

Then became the crossing...well fuck me. 1 cross after another overhit, under hit, just terrible. 

Surridge as good as he is, couldn't get the ball under control and looked like someone who knows he won't be here in a couple of weeks...

Their 1st came from the first real attack but they clearly had a tactic of let oldham piss about with it, get it off them then sprint to the goal as there was 5 Carlisle players in the box when the first went in.

2nd was a howler from Iversen, he has to catch that I'm sorry. He's flapped it right to their player who has passed across to a team mate to an open net. 

I left once the 4th went in, I was embarrassed. I hope the rumours of unrest aren't true, but if AL didn't go in the dressing room after Exeter, I wouldn't blame him if he did after today. I certainly would! Absolutely shambolic result that today.

If he did go into the dressing room after Exeter then that's ludicrous, we didn't even play badly. IMO, we where the better side but came up against a very good midfielder in number 8 and the best striker in the league. 

That today however was simply not good enough. 

The Xmas day stuff is a load of bollocks as well. Most teams are in Xmas day, a Tranmere player took a selfie of him at training having a laugh, they won 3-1 today, has fuck all to do with it. We got stuffed by an average team who had however clearly watched us, seen we like to knock it about but once we lose it, know that if they attack us directly we capitulate. Especially down the flanks. 

Yep.

It was their forward movement against a static defence that killed us. Venus de Milo has more movement. Had Maouche been playing for Carlisle, they would have scored 10. He was playing intelligent passes through the midfield on to forwards that neither the mids nor fwds were capable of interpreting. They should have been able to read the passes with their eyes closed. Unfortunately, they already had them closed even before Maouche recieved the ball which makes Maouche look stupid.

90% of everyone else's passes were underhit. 

It is pointless making defence splitting passes if there is no movement off the ball and the runs are only made after the ball is played. Carllisle had that movement in spades.

It really pisses me off that as an ex forward, Bunn is so weak at getting his forwards to make those runs off the ball.

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

Christ alive we win one we’re virtually champions lose one we’re the worst team ever! Long way to fo yet!!! Even under dowie we we reched the play offs we got to tonked of Cardiff it happens ! Move on to the next game !!

Fair point made to an extent, although I think losing 6-0 to Carlisle should rightly generate more concern than just another defeat. 

And, just to be pedantic, we didn't get tonked by Cardiff (1-7) under Dowie in the play off season - that was under Wadsworth the season before..

8 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

It was their forward movement against a static defence that killed us. Venus de Milo has more movement. Had Maouche been playing for Carlisle, they would have scored 10. He was playing intelligent passes through the midfield on to forwards that neither the mids nor fwds were capable of interpreting. They should have been able to read the passes with their eyes closed. Unfortunately, they already had them closed even before Maouche recieved the ball which makes Maouche look stupid.

90% of everyone else's passes were underhit. 

It is pointless making defence splitting passes if there is no movement off the ball and the runs are only made after the ball is played. Carllisle had that movement in spades.

It really pisses me off that as an ex forward, Bunn is so weak at getting his forwards to make those runs off the ball.

Movement doesn't cost anything and that desire to find space and get to the ball first should be drummed into all  our players, FB referred in his post match interview about players strolling about, lets see if he can change this.

Whats concerning is that we keep doing the Oldham 2 step.

1 step forward

2 steps back

That team that was put out today was capable of getting a result so to get absolutely smashed is unacceptable. I don't know what to think about the rumours of going in the dressing room however these things have a knack of coming out in the wash so if something bad is going on behind the scenes we will eventually find out.

Bunn is an inexperienced manager which means well he lacks experience.  He got a shez load of experience from Carlisle - well beaten home and away by a team we should be able to compete with.

If I owned this football club I couldn't have trusted myself to have a word with the team after being thrashed SIX nil.

We are just making up the numbers when we should be doing better.

We suffer from a strange mix of players at the moment.We either have old experienced players who are at varying stages of being over the hill or inexperienced players finding their way in league football.What we dont have are enough mid to late twenties players competent and experienced at playing at our level.

7 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

We suffer from a strange mix of players at the moment.We either have old experienced players who are at varying stages of being over the hill or inexperienced players finding their way in league football.What we dont have are enough mid to late twenties players competent and experienced at playing at our level.

We have some, but they are injured.