Carlisle (A)

Bunn outfoxed twice by a better manager who knew how to set up his team.

We looked ok going forward but once we got there nothing and when they attacked just like a hot knife through butter. 

Still think we can make the top 7 as we are top half at Christmas however lose the next two and it will be a case of looking over our shoulder as Macclesfield catch up and pass us. 

55% possession, corner count 9 to 1 and one shot on target tells the story. Almost every dead ball went straight down the keepers throat and the others failed to clear the first defender.

Our strikers tippy tapping and fuckin about were totally ineffective and our defenders were even worse...don’t know what Bunn will say after that utter shambles!

Not sure why people are saying us training on xmas day is a factor in us getting beat today. This is not a new thing? Most clubs train on xmas day, and have done for a long time. The majority of them will have been home not long after noon. They are professional athletes who earn a very good living even at this level. Absolute nonsense using that as an excuse as to why we were crap today. We have nurses who will have worked 12 hour shifts yesterday, some of which will earn as little as 20k a year, and we have people thinking our lot are hard done to because they trained for a few hours. 

We lost because we were crap, simple as.

Just now, kowenicki said:

I guess prople don’t understand “best of a very very bad bunch”.  I.e. they were all bad, but some were def worse. 

I do understand but your defence of a player who was clearly way under par is becoming a little tedious.

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I think the problem is actually fairly simple: we have a squad of players who are not very good and our manager is a novice who may or may not ever become a decent manager

The idea that we will be in the play offs is dreamland

So being two points behind the play offs before the start of play shouldn't offer a more optimistic fan a bit of hope? Shall we just give up now then and start getting ready for next season? Granted this Leagues shit but even i thought we'd have enough to be pushing top 8, I may be wrong but I'm not going to stop believing that.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I do understand but your defence of a player who was clearly way under par is becoming a little tedious.

Dont know what you are on about. He hasn’t needed defending in the previous games since he came in. Anyhow. Forget it. It’s not important.

What’s important is why this result happened. It’s a shit show from the moment that they scored.  It’s a worrying performance. Lose the next one and we will be in trouble mentally. 

Well...that was humbling.

Despite losing on Saturday I didn't see a result or performance like this coming.

Everyone involved deserves to be slated for it.

Sounds as though we were tactically found out with them catching us on the break time and again.  Guess Shez will be able to ask for a Christmas bonus at least.

Maybe put an extra man in the centre of midfield against Port Vale and sit in a bit more.

Not sure today changes too much about what business we need in January, quality in the right areas over quantity.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So being two points behind the play offs before the start of play shouldn't offer a more optimistic fan a bit of hope? Shall we just give up now then and start getting ready for next season? Granted this Leagues shit but even i thought we'd have enough to be pushing top 8, I may be wrong but I'm not going to stop believing that.

Well you’re perfectly entitled to think that and optimism is a great thing but In the end reality will bite and I just don’t see anything in this squad of lightweights or in our manager that suggests anything other than a mid table finish

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Heard the owner had a few things to say after Saturday and it didn't go down well.

Probably wanted to sack them all after that second half performance against Exeter, fuck knows what he will be saying after today.. 

Hopefully he realises he needs to put his hand in his pocket to strengthen the team before we start having away trips to the dog and duck

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

All I've read in this thread is the slating of our team and management.

How about we give the opposition credit were it is due .. Well done John, tactically superb today. It's hardly surprising though. 

Bullshit. It was basics. They had 9 shots, same as us.  6 went in because of a lack of defensive desire from the whole team and a total lack of defensive skill from the back 4.  They were bang average and won 6-0, which is worrying for us.  Until they scored I thought they looked terrible and a bit nervous actually.