Carlisle (A)

FB definately has to be backed or sacked by AL in this transfer window, It is obvious to everybody that we need about 4 players and attempt to keep Surridge, Lang, Lydon and Iverson for the remainder of the season.

We have 4 very winnable league games in January which could put us in more favourable position in the next 5 weeks..

AL neither has the money or leadership skills to bring the club together and move forward.Whoever he replaces Bunn with will struggle. The football world knows it is a poisoned chalice and there will be less candidates than normal to enter the revolving door.Unfortunately the custody of our club continues to be in the hands of a chancer with no money

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Fair point made to an extent, although I think losing 6-0 to Carlisle should rightly generate more concern than just another defeat. 

And, just to be pedantic, we didn't get tonked by Cardiff (1-7) under Dowie in the play off season - that was under Wadsworth the season before..

Indeed and if we had won we'd have gone into the playoff places. We are in a relatively worse position now than we were after that game but with a lot more of the season left. 

44 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

We suffer from a strange mix of players at the moment.We either have old experienced players who are at varying stages of being over the hill or inexperienced players finding their way in league football.What we dont have are enough mid to late twenties players competent and experienced at playing at our level.

They tend to be the ones who want paying the most...

15 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

AL neither has the money or leadership skills to bring the club together and move forward.Whoever he replaces Bunn with will struggle. The football world knows it is a poisoned chalice and there will be less candidates than normal to enter the revolving door.Unfortunately the custody of our club continues to be in the hands of a chancer with no money

Nonsense. There are still only 92 football league manager positions and if one becomes available there will always be plenty of applicants, quality may not be as high but there will be plenty wanting a go.

As for bringing the club together-it is staring you in the face. A bit of FA Cup success has brought 4000 fans together behind the club. Unable to comment like everyone on here about finance as nobody knows ALS  true wealth.

36 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

FB definately has to be backed or sacked by AL in this transfer window, It is obvious to everybody that we need about 4 players and attempt to keep Surridge, Lang, Lydon and Iverson for the remainder of the season.

We have 4 very winnable league games in January which could put us in more favourable position in the next 5 weeks..

We have a poor budget. I know some was kept back for January so I'm hoping the recent cup money will boost it a bit.

14 hours ago, Simpo said:

Obviously a 6-0 scoreline will get people upset, with good reason, but it was never a 6-0 kind of game today.

Expected Goals has it as a 2-1, which seems about right. 

2018-12-26-Carlisle-Oldham.png

I've no idea what this 'expected goals' stat is supposed to mean, but i was there and saw it with my own eyes, and every time they attacked I expected a goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

I would have classed our last three in December as winnable but we’ve already lost two of them!

You’re right about needing 4 players but we gave 1yr contracts to Taylor and Miller and unbelievably a 2yr deal to Giles Coke WTF!!

Would you trust FB with your transfer money because I’m not sure I would...

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

This is just disrespectful. You know literally nothing about him. Literally nothing.  Tell me about his finances and about his business background in detail please will you. You must have the detail to be able to be so insulting and definitive. 

I do wonder about the motivation of many of the posts regarding our foreign owner. 

15 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Those highlights are pathetic. At any stage was Taylor on the right side of his man? Why were all the defenders diving in? Did Iversen have lead in his boots?

Taylor was caught out time and time again, he’s too slow for a modern full back. 

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Nonsense. There are still only 92 football league manager positions and if one becomes available there will always be plenty of applicants, quality may not be as high but there will be plenty wanting a go.

As for bringing the club together-it is staring you in the face. A bit of FA Cup success has brought 4000 fans together behind the club. Unable to comment like everyone on here about finance as nobody knows ALS  true wealth.

The FA Cup ties against Liverpool and Everton brought as many if not more fabs together once we were knocked out it didn't lead to an kncrease in our core following.Nevertheless it is great that we have sold so many tickets for such a long trip

59 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I do wonder about the motivation of many of the posts regarding our foreign owner. 

You really need to stop throwing these accusations of racism out on this forum just because someone has a differing view of an owner or player to yourself, Corney was given far more shit on these boards as an owner and Gardner as a player yet you are continually trying to promote an agenda that isn't even there.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

This is just disrespectful. You know literally nothing about him. Literally nothing.  Tell me about his finances and about his business background in detail please will you. You must have the detail to be able to be so insulting and definitive. 

Equally I wonder about how sensitive you are to criticism of the club. What I do know is that he struggles to pay wages consistently on time,which in my experience is a basic test of someone's ability to finance the runnjng of a successful business

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

Equally I wonder about how sensitive you are to criticism of the club. What I do know is that he struggles to pay wages consistently on time,which in my experience is a basic test of someone's ability to finance the runnjng of a successful business

As I thought. You know nothing of his finances or his past businesses and education. Thanks for confirming. 

I’m not defensive on his behalf, I just believe in the benefit of the doubt. I’m just a bit more fair minded than you are. 

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You really need to stop throwing these accusations of racism out on this forum just because someone has a differing view of an owner or player to yourself, Corney was given far more shit on these boards as an owner and Gardner as a player yet you are continually trying to promote an agenda that isn't even there.

Continually? Ok then. I think I’ve alluded to being curious to motives twice including this time. Nowhere have I said racism. But yes, racism, xenophobia, little Englander could be playing a part? Is that impossible? 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

As I thought. You know nothing of his finances or his past businesses and education. Thanks for confirming. 

I’m not defensive on his behalf, I just believe in the benefit of the doubt. I’m just a bit more fair minded than you are. 

More benefit of the doubt than Frankie got off your mate AL?

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I didnt have to wait long for him to show his true colours today.Dont lecture me about being disrespectful to him ,when he sacks 3 members of staff by email.

37 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I didnt have to wait long for him to show his true colours today.Dont lecture me about being disrespectful to him ,when he sacks 3 members of staff by email.

Fair point. 

This is a significant turn for the worse. 

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

Could someone forward me a copy of this email that 100% definitely happened please. Make interesting reading I’d bet. 

Reading a number of posts about the last few days, I'm taking a guess at:

- following the argument after the Exeter game, AL gave FB a warning.

- FB told the players (if they did know and liked FB, then they certainly didn't give it their best shot to save him).

- crap performance so AL told FB on the coach home to find a cardboard box and pick up your stuff

- CONFIRMATION email on the following day

Just a guess.....could be a good guess, could be total bollox!!!