Carlisle (A)

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I honestly despise referees. They bring on the abuse they get themselves, i’m certain they like it in some twisted way.

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

A referees event. 

What a horrible place that would be. Just egotistical maniacs at every turn.

15 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I like Backhouse.

Have a word with yourself will you?  As you appear to have multiple personalities it should be possible

those of you choosing to drive to this one keep a weather eye on your speedo as cumbria road saftey partnership love to park there vans on the M6 overbridges to gain revenue from the more heavy footed drivers even on bankholidays 

1 hour ago, peanuts said:

those of you choosing to drive to this one keep a weather eye on your speedo as cumbria road saftey partnership love to park there vans on the M6 overbridges to gain revenue from the more heavy footed drivers even on bankholidays 

Technically theyre not overbridges theyre just bridges, but thanks for the tip 👍🏻

1 hour ago, peanuts said:

Watch it on Shap just after Westmorland services

50 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What happened to the rule of only non 3pm kick offs qualifying?

And League 2 doesn't exist? Even so, what the hell are the EFL doing showing live games on iFollow and thus depriving clubs of the revenue generated by fans who would have attended? I understand that clubs only receive £6 per person who stumps up the ten quid, when they would have received the usual gate money had said fans gone to the game. Talk about kicking you when you're down. :rant.sml:

14 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

And League 2 doesn't exist? Even so, what the hell are the EFL doing showing live games on iFollow and thus depriving clubs of the revenue generated by fans who would have attended? I understand that clubs only receive £6 per person who stumps up the ten quid, when they would have received the usual gate money had said fans gone to the game. Talk about kicking you when you're down. :rant.sml:

Me and @latics22 used to discuss this as children. He said that in the future it will be mint because you will just be able to pick any game on tv and watch it, so you wouldn’t need to travel there. I said yeah but it would be rubbish because nobody would go and there would be no atmosphere.

He didn’t agree and we just repeated the same argument repeatedly and never got anywhere.

Hope we get a decent turnout, I get nowt but grief from Carlisle fans saying we never bring many up here !!

Anyway safe journey and hope the team and fans can make me proud of my home town and I can have the bragging rights up here for a change.

Should be a good game with goals galore.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Me and @latics22 used to discuss this as children. He said that in the future it will be mint because you will just be able to pick any game on tv and watch it, so you wouldn’t need to travel there. I said yeah but it would be rubbish because nobody would go and there would be no atmosphere.

He didn’t agree and we just repeated the same argument repeatedly and never got anywhere.

Like you I would never want to see football matches with empty stadiums however I'm currently watching Fulham vs Wolves on tv its a 12:30 KO and its full. Wolves look like they have sold their full allocation aswell. Their are 3 other games on tv today they will all attract big crowds I am tempted to sit on the couch and get comfy and watch effectively 10 hours of football. However despite having an appalling cold I'm going to get off my arse and head down to Surrey st to watch Glossop North end vs Mossley.

People love going watching football matches at the game and despite wall to wall coverage on tv and now through streaming that hasn't changed and probably won't either.

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Like you I would never want to see football matches with empty stadiums however I'm currently watching Fulham vs Wolves on tv its a 12:30 KO and its full. Wolves look like they have sold their full allocation aswell. Their are 3 other games on tv today they will all attract big crowds I am tempted to sit on the couch and get comfy and watch effectively 10 hours of football. However despite having an appalling cold I'm going to get off my arse and head down to Surrey st to watch Glossop North end vs Mossley.

People love going watching football matches at the game and despite wall to wall coverage on tv and now through streaming that hasn't changed and probably won't either.

I’ve just got back from watching the annual village cricket team versus football team match on the village rec 😀

- I love watching football at any level and of any standard. And since you ask,  the game ended 3-1 to the football lads with their keeper saving a last minute pen. 👍