Carlisle (A)

We had most of the pedestrian possesion and absolutely no end product. Nepo couldnt beat the first man, Lang overran the ball countless times and Surridge couldnt keep his feet. Carlisle attacked with pace five times and scored every time. Free kick was a peach. We played the ball around at times like a Championship team and defended like a pub team. We have zero pace anywhere on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

These are athletes who haven't prepared for the game properly at all. The buck stops at the management who have allowed this to happen.

It's totally ruined any momentum we had and has really put me off from going to Fulham.

I haven't made up my mind about going to Fulham, today may have just swayed it. 

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Steve Evans kept his P'Boro side in a hotel last night, proper preparation. These are athletes who haven't prepared for the game properly at all. The buck stops at the management who have allowed this to happen.

It's totally ruined any momentum we had and has really put me off from going to Fulham.

They got beat 2 - 0 today.

3 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

We had most of the pedestrian possesion and absolutely no end product. Nepo couldnt beat the first man, Lang overran the ball countless times and Surridge couldnt keep his feet. Carlisle attacked with pace five times and scored every time. Free kick was a peach. We played the ball around at times like a Championship team and defended like a pub team. We have zero pace anywhere on the pitch.

Sums it up perfectly.  Every ball in was poor from wide. Our defending was so woeful. Our forwards looked either disinterested or knackered or both.  

Nobody really deserves credit but Maouche was the best of a very very bad bunch. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Sums it up perfectly.  Every ball in was poor from wide. Our defending was so woeful. Our forwards looked either disinterested or knackered or both.  

Nobody really deserves credit but Maouche was the best of a very very bad bunch. 

At one point Taylor got put in on the overlap, several players steaming into the box for the cross and he... takes the extra touch and cut back I think. Chance gone. 

Carlisle were swift and decisive with all their attacks. 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't think bringing players at 8:30am on Christmas  day was a good idea.

Who in their right mind would do that and expect the players not to be affected?

Family is everything especially at this time and a bloody own goal of the highest order

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

These are athletes who haven't prepared for the game properly at all. The buck stops at the management who have allowed this to happen.

Give over lad. The ease at which cliches are spewed on this forum is staggering. If a team gets a pasting on Boxing Day, you can rest assured this nonsense comes out. Are you suggesting every player involved today organised themselves to get on a run of double brandy's yesterday? We got slapped for six today; there are no excuses for it, the players ought to be ashamed but it happens and can happen at any time.

We happened to fall on the same side when Bunn was announced and there are a few supporters on this forum who irritate me from the other side, but I'm not so set against the man to alter my opinion after each and every game.

That said, we need an urgent review of our back four. He didn't ask for it from the pillock with the pre-match mic - "Captain. Leader. Legend" for making 100 appearances was nauseating to hear - but Peter Clarke and Frankie need to have a serious conversation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Give over lad. The ease at which cliches are spewed on this forum is staggering. If a team gets a pasting on Boxing Day, you can rest assured this nonsense comes out. Are you suggesting every player involved today organised themselves to get on a run of double brandy's yesterday? We got slapped for six today; there are no excuses for it, the players ought to be ashamed but it happens and can happen at any time.

It's no coincidence. They had only shipped 7 away from home all season previously. Not buying that. 

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

FFS give it a rest. 

• Like 1

We have serious, serious issues at the back. Carlisle, Exeter and bury all looked like they would score every time they attacked us. If other teams cotton on and start being more positive, we could be in real trouble here.

Frankie needs to sort this, fast.