The defence.

4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Hunt is going backwards. Disappointing season from him so far.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Just shows how people's opinions differ, yesterday I was saying how I thought Hunt was improving game on game, one of us must be wrong. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I felt he played well yesterday, not sure what he did wrong tbh, certainly improved on his early season form.

1 hour ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Always gives his all too.

Seems like a good young pro to me who’ll likely only get better.

30 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I’ve got a feeling Rob Hunt will be one of those young players that we decide isn’t quite good enough for the “mighty” Latics but goes on to play successfully at a higher level for a bigger club

That’s what this board is all about - opinions. Some see things one way, others see it differently.

fwiw I agree with oafcmetty - Hunt has been poor defensively recently and yesterday was definitely his worst performance of the season . Opinions huh?

Don’t get the stick Hunt gets.. top class player for our level and can play left or right back (I personally think he’s better at left back). Think he’s been one of the better players this season and most consistent. 

Whoever plays right back is on a hiding to nothing because they get no support from the right midfielder (usually Lang) who runs around a hell of a lot... just not backwards and often out of position... (once again yesterday proves he should be up front)... and the right back is always doubled up on if not tripled up on (happened a couple of times yesterday where they won the ball in that area and squared it in the box). Exeter just had the right man finishing them off yesterday! 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Conceded 7 in 1170 minutes of League and FA Cup football away from home prior to todays match, conceded 6 in 72 minutes at Carlisle - explain that one then.

Shit happens? 

City just lost 2 on the bounce to Palace and Leicester (and 3 out of 4 in the league) after being virtually invincible. 

On 12/23/2018 at 8:58 AM, TheBigDog said:

My view is that we need one (possibly two) fullbacks as well as another centre back. 

Edit. My view is that we definitely need two fullbacks as well as one (possibly two) centre backs. 

The other worrying aspect of our recent defensive downturn is that Iversen looks out of sorts. If La Paz was fit he would be given a game on Saturday I reckon 👀

I've said it all along that Maouche is not solid enough defensively against the so called better sides in the league and its no coincidence that that in our last 3 games against play off contenders we have conceded 11 goals. 

Not saying its all down to him, as the defence has had little support from anyone at Carlisle, and to be fair he has done some nice things going forward, but when the going gets tough he's not the man for the job and is too much of a shit house. 

I'd play Lyden against Vale to tighten up, and maybe bring Maouche back for County where he can get us going forward. 

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I've said it all along that Maouche is not solid enough defensively against the so called better sides in the league and its no coincidence that that in our last 3 games against play off contenders we have conceded 11 goals. 

Not saying its all down to him, as the defence has had little support from anyone at Carlisle, and to be fair he has done some nice things going forward, but when the going gets tough he's not the man for the job and is too much of a shit house. 

I'd play Lyden against Vale to tighten up, and maybe bring Maouche back for County where he can get us going forward. 

I think Bunn may make some wholesale changes where he can. Midfield might well be one of the areas, especially as Lang and Lyden’s loans are ending soon.

Unfortunately he may not be able to make many changes due to our current squad depth.