Frankie gone

42 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

This would fly a bit better if we hadn't been relegated and had three - soon to be four - managers in little more than 12 month.

I can see your point but he has appointed one manager, although he apparently had a say in Wellens' appointment. If Wild is still in charge at the end of January he would count. 

No way will Wild see beyond the Notts County game, we are needing new blood in January and we also need to be negotiating with the current loan players to stay for the season...Although Wild is an Oldham bloke and fan i really dont believe the step up from youth footy 12-16yr olds to the first team gives him the experience needed to be trusted with what we require in this window, hopefully the bloke gets a couple of wins because it will be totally unfair for him to be the next one potted when this role has been sprung on him.

14 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

No way will Wild see beyond the Notts County game, we are needing new blood in January and we also need to be negotiating with the current loan players to stay for the season...Although Wild is an Oldham bloke and fan i really dont believe the step up from youth footy 12-16yr olds to the first team gives him the experience needed to be trusted with what we require in this window, hopefully the bloke gets a couple of wins because it will be totally unfair for him to be the next one potted when this role has been sprung on him.

But we all trusted Tony P on a regular basis.

35 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

All very logical and I can't disagree with you, but what makes you think Coco will see it that way?

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It really is beyond amateurish although whether there is anyone there to do it, who knows:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/teams/first-team-staff/

It would be a full time job for someone! Similar to this.... https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/ 

On 12/28/2018 at 12:42 PM, rudemedic said:

Playing Devil's advocate slightly...

But AL hasn't sacked that many staff. Lots of those who have left have gone to other things. They have announced their last days and there has been well wishes etc. Appointing replacements isn't as easy. I was actually working in the same office and it took 4 months for me to start working my new role. The time I changed organisations it was nearly 6 months. 

Some of those who have left the club have had some legitimate reasoning too. 

The Accountant- The issue with Corney's misdoings (Remember how AL said there were hidden accountancy issues) I wouldn't employ the same accountant after that (innocent or not). 

The Media Guy- Maybe AL received a complaint from Gary Davies and AL agreed with his complaint. 

A lot of his more vocal (former) staff members are on Twitter have an axe to grind. Simon Wood has an issue with him over pay but that's his problem given the bizarre circumstances he works in. (Don't forget he won an Amateur TV competition). 

A lot of Corney's hires were fresh-faced, straight out of uni types. Corney hired on the cheap and maybe AL had enough of their poor standard of work. 

We do not know what the Administrator did to apparently get sacked. We don't actually know who the administrator is. There are lots of reasons why someone gets sacked, lots of them apply in other industries and aren't connected to the boss being an alleged clown. 

Yes it is sad when people with families are let go, but sometimes letting someone go is the right decision. (I've not seen any Employment Tribunals announced). I'm inclined to think there is something in it but like I said above maybe AL has different standards. 

I think AL has a record already of appointing pretty much straight from Uni types too, or at least fast tracking promotions eg Pete W, and Mark S as Club Sec., Groundsman too, I'm not saying they do not deserve it, but thy have clearly been accelerated.
another thing he seems to be doing, is amalgamating roles, where tradtionally there was a role for each.

11 minutes ago, singe said:

I think AL has a record already of appointing pretty much straight from Uni types too, or at least fast tracking promotions eg Pete W, and Mark S as Club Sec., Groundsman too, I'm not saying they do not deserve it, but thy have clearly been accelerated.
another thing he seems to be doing, is amalgamating roles, where tradtionally there was a role for each.

Most if not all of those fast tracked will probably be working for the peanuts they were on in their original jobs. Great opportunity for them but there is no doubt every decision seems to be made around cost. It's why I wouldn't totally discount Pete Wild from getting the managers job particularly if he plays ball with regards to AL's interfering. 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Most if not all of those fast tracked will probably be working for the peanuts they were on in their original jobs. Great opportunity for them but there is no doubt every decision seems to be made around cost. It's why I wouldn't totally discount Pete Wild from getting the managers job particularly if he plays ball with regards to AL's interfering. 

Can you imagine the uproar if we appointed someone with his background with no Latics connection... Darren Kelly mk2

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Absolutely. PW could get it, and I  would not begrudge him it at all.  But we all remember Wellens first 5 games, and it falling apart after that. For me, it would be it would not be unreasonable if we got an experienced with PW as Asst Mgr., and be fast tracking him as a succesion plan.

12 minutes ago, singe said:

Absolutely. PW could get it, and I  would not begrudge him it at all.  But we all remember Wellens first 5 games, and it falling apart after that. For me, it would be it would not be unreasonable if we got an experienced with PW as Asst Mgr., and be fast tracking him as a succesion plan.

I suspect Wild will go back down to the youth setup once we appoint a manager...

7 minutes ago, singe said:

Or we let him run the kids, and use him as a temporary backstop, like this time, when required but put that succession plan for the inevitable next manager after this one, or even the one after that if it isn’t very long. Some of the experience he needs to be a manager he is probably more likely to get by running the kids as opposed to being someone’s assistant.

Giving some members of staff time to learn the skills with a view to them taking over a more senior role is something we haven’t done as well as we could have since before Moore. 

If you look at some of our recent departures, I could have seen some of them taking over more senior roles 10 years down the line, but they were sometimes thrust into these senior roles too early.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Usual lower league names mentioned. Nolan/Kewell/Ferguson. John Askey has applied...

....Gary Bowyer ruled himself out, presumably because he considers Lemsagam too much of a liability to work for. Which means Abdallah’s behaviour is cutting the pool down to those out of work managers whom are most desperate for a job. Nice one AL.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....Gary Bowyer ruled himself out, presumably because he considers Lemsagam too much of a liability to work for. Which means Abdallah’s behaviour is cutting the pool down to those out of work managers whom are most desperate for a job. Nice one AL.

The use of the bold print word means you don't really know and from that means you have no idea of Als behaviour.