Frankie gone

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Clarke would be a rubbish idea.

I think it indicates that a) Abdallah is skint & b) no-one of repute wants the gig. If AL is hoping that - by knowing Clarke - he might be able to influence him/team selection & put up with all the nonsense that comes with it, I hope Keegan is right that Clarke would tell him where to go. Ultimately it will probably end up in Clarke being sacked within 12 months.

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think it indicates that a) Abdallah is skint & b) no-one of repute wants the gig. If AL is hoping that - by knowing Clarke - he might be able to influence him/team selection & put up with all the nonsense that comes with it, I hope Keegan is right that Clarke would tell him where to go. Ultimately it will probably end up in Clarke being sacked within 12 months.

I’d say you’re right with A but not sure about B. As I’ve said elsewhere, any manager willing to take a job at this level in the first place could view it as a shot to nothing. If he gets binned off then it can be explained as a nutty owner with no impact to cv or reputation. Or he could get us promoted. 

26 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So you still don't know it's just an opinion and we still don't know AL's wealth, and we have no idea who is in contention for the job so we have not moved on much have we?

Fancy going on an oipions board to opine. What an idiot he is, eh?

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

So you still don't know it's just an opinion and we still don't know AL's wealth, and we have no idea who is in contention for the job so we have not moved on much have we?

It’s not an opinion though, it’s actually just pure speculation, or a guess.  What’s more, it’s a guess based on a publicly held VERY negative stance.  In fact it’s actually based on utter contempt.  Now, that’s looker’s prerogative, we are allowed on opinion on the owner... but I’ll just ignore that post as a grumpy guess until proven.

Edited by kowenicki

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

It’s not an opinion though, it’s actually just pure speculation, or a guess.  What’s more, it’s a guess based on a publicly held VERY negative stance.  In fact it’s actually based on utter contempt.  Now, that’s looker’s prerogative, we are allowed on opinion on the owner... but I’ll just ignore that post as a grumpy guess until proven.

:lol:

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/crewe-alex-boss-not-surprised-15604509

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6533601/Oldham-manager-former-player-Frankie-Bunn-sacked-email.html

Edited by lookersstandandy

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What’s that got to do with what I said? You view him with utter contempt. Everything you say is based on that and what you said was a guess. Is any of that wrong? 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What’s that got to do with what I said? You hold him in utter contempt. Everything you say is based on that and what you said was a guess. Is any of that wrong? 

Everything I say is based on speculation, or is a guess.... other than all the evidence in the public domain that says I’m not really speculating or guessing.