Frankie gone

I'm still not sure how much credit Bunn should really get for our mini-upturn......I would hazard a guess that replacing Rhodes with Wragg had much more positive affect on performances. 

Some of Bunn's substitutions have been baffling of late such as, when 4-0 down yesterday, bringing Branger-Engone on.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How about all our rich OWTB members chipping in to buy AL out?

I know that is tongue in cheek BP, but whichever way you look at it we are stuck with AL. He may turn out to be the right person to be running our club, but at the moment the jury is very much out. 

16 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

If it's choice of walking the dog, going shopping with 'er indoors or applying......they will definitely apply. Whether AL is prepared to pay is another matter.

Always personal factors at play but I am willing to speculate that any offer on the table will only run until the end of the season.

I wonder if Frankie's tactics did him no favours? Many have posted about being surprised/baffled by the way he had us set up.

Was that the case at Carlisle? Was it the problem second half against Exeter? He also seems to have been reluctant to use substitutes recently until it was too late.

I, for one, couldn't for the life of me understand Branger-Engone for O'Grady yesterday. Maybe he wasn't as tactically astute as he should have been and that also led to his downfall.

I'm not suggesting that AL is a tactical genius, but he may well have seen that Frankie was struggling in certain areas. The fans certainly have and expressed their concerns.

Yes, a 6-0 tonking is no good on anyone's CV, but maybe he deserved a bit longer after the recent upturn in form.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Always personal factors at play but I am willing to speculate that any offer on the table will only run until the end of the season.

That could benefit both parties.....if said manager makes a success, AL could come back with a better deal or it would look good on his CV.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

we need 100 million dollars!!!

With all due respect, the club desperately needs stability. It would appear that Lemsagam's "Slowly-slowly" ethic obviously does not apply to managers. Rightly or wrongly, he has wielded the axe now and whatever the fans say, it matter not. We shall probably hear nothing substantial from the club on the matter, until a manager is appointed.

I'm not happy with this.

Yesterday was shocking and those players showed no effort, desire or fight for the club, us fans and more so the man who has to defend them after every game.

Yep some poor signings and tactically beat at times but we needed continuity.

Things before yesterday were settling or it seems and we felt a decent second half of the season was on the cards.

Good luck to a lovely fella who loved the club and us fans.

Players and owner should hang their heads in shame.

Ashamed of my club.

Edited by maximus1267

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

II, for one, couldn't for the life of me understand Branger-Engone for O'Grady yesterday. Maybe he wasn't as tactically astute as he should have been and that also led to his downfall.

Not sure trying something different in a game where you've got nothing to lose is the worst idea in the world...also saves the risk of injury/suspension.

Edited by JoeP

1 minute ago, longtimeblue said:

In hindsight, the fact he never got the "imminent" assistant suggests the writing was on the wall. Skybet's list of potential replacements is pretty uninspiring... Robbie Fowler's at 12's.

They wheel out the usual list every time. It really wouldn't surprise me if we get a French speaking manager now. 

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

That could benefit both parties.....if said manager makes a success, AL could come back with a better deal or it would look good on his CV.

I agree with your sentiment, it's just a big ask of a new manager to come in as the January window opens and then strengthen and galvanise the squad within such a short time. We have seen it fail in the past. We can only sit back and wait...meanwhile, hope the results of coming games are favourable.

33 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Wanted - a manager who can work with no budget, has crap players forced on him by the owner and doesn't mind said owner coming and putting his oar into the dressing room..

Form a queue..

We laughed at David Dunn for saying not even Mourinho could do this job. He was wrong then, but bang on the money now. 

Good luck for the future, Frankie. You never really had a chance here..

And there will be a queue. Talking of which, Mourinho is available...

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m going to Port Vale now.  

If those players don’t play like their lives depend on it I will boo the fuckers for the first time in my life.

They owe a big performance now.

Good on ya. The Bulls Head is the place to be before the game-Titanic Brewery tap.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

I'm not happy with this.

Yesterday was shocking and those players showed no effort, desire or fight for the club, us fans and more so the msn who has to defend them after every game.

Things before yesterday were settling or it seems and we felt a decent second half of the season was on the cards.

Ashamed of my club.

Well said, the players must now decide if they want to up their game or follow him out the door.

All sentiment has been lost and at this moment in time nobody is above criticism 

• Like 1

Just now, Wardie said:

With all due respect, the club desperately needs stability. It would appear that Lemsagam's "Slowly-slowly" ethic obviously does not apply to managers. Rightly or wrongly, he has wielded the axe now and whatever the fans say, it matter not. We shall probably hear nothing substantial from the club on the matter, until a manager is appointed.

We do but that starts at the top it's up to Abdallah to create that stability at the club. Constantly wielding the axe at all levels just creates volatility.

He needs to hire the right people and get out of their way. As Steve jobs once said it doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do. So if Abdallah hires a manager or even a management team who will recruit let them do the job otherwise what's the point in them being employed by us.

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I'm not happy with this.

Yesterday was shocking and those players showed no effort, desire or fight for the club, us fans and more so the man who has to defend them after every game.

Ashamed of my club.

Being a lovely fella and nicey-nicey to us fans does not a good manager make and there is no evidence that continuing with an older rookie manager would propel us upwards.