Frankie gone

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t keep up Eyrsey. 

Its the managers fault. 

We need better players - with all that money we’re hiding. 

AL Needs to pay for promotion. 

Any manager will have to deal with his hands on style. 

Your so wise. Da hear me? 😁

Out of interest, what’s the next manager’s sample size?  The press conference? 

The quickest way to get better results is to get better players, only the owner can make that happen.

I don't blame Bunn for anything, not his fault he was appointed to a job above his capabilities.

Lemsagam clearly wants to be hands on, he has displayed many examples of this.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

The quickest way to get better results is to get better players, only the owner can make that happen.

I don't blame Bunn for anything, not his fault he was appointed to a job above his capabilities.

Lemsagam clearly wants to be hands on, he has displayed many examples of this.

Utter bollocks. 

The owner obviously can’t/wont pay for better players. So that’s a completely moot point. 

He had us mid table, under a very erratic owner, with no money, and a very thin squad. He was doing ok. Darren Kelly was incapable. Ritchie Wellens record ended in relegation - with a far, far bigger budget.  Frankie’s record proves he was actually quite capable. 

You choose AL’s running of the club when it suits your arguement. Either the owner is problem to the incumbent manger or he’s not. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Utter bollocks. 

The owner obviously can’t/wont pay for better players. So that’s a completely moot point. 

He had us mid table, under a very erratic owner, with no money, and a very thin squad. He was doing ok. Darren Kelly was incapable. Ritchie Wellens record ended in relegation - with a far, far bigger budget.  Frankie’s record proves he was actually quite capable. 

You choose AL’s running of the club when it suits your arguement. Either the owner is problem to the incumbent manger or he’s not. 

If he doesn't pay for better players then he won't achieve promotion (which I presume is what he wants) unless he somehow gets lucky with a group of players and staff who far outperform their abilities.

He's made far more poor decisions than good ones in his tenure and that will have to change.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If he doesn't pay for better players then he won't achieve promotion (which I presume is what he wants) unless he somehow gets lucky with a group of players and staff who far outperform their abilities.

He's made far more poor decisions than good ones in his tenure and that will have to change.

I totally agree with most of that. But non of that has happened or is looking likely. 

Thing is, he had a group who were pushing the playoffs, and up until Boxing Day we’re showing real signs of promise. 

So. . . With that said.

Frankie was doing ok. 

Its a very, very harsh sacking IMO. 

1 minute ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Mike Keegan reporting that Bunn was sacked along with two others via email today

Ffs. Two others? Who? Coaches? 

So we have no senior coaching staff at all? 

He better have a replacement team ready to go. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

The only other option I suppose. 

It would be the only option, but just my opinion.
This is a worrying tweet from Keegan..

On Oldham, I'm told Frankie Bunn (six goals in one match, Wembley appearance, decent man) was informed of his departure via email. Two other members of staff were also canned today.