Frankie gone

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

OEC is lining the pockets of the 3 amigos yet the club is left with the massive bill for it so fuck them. We take away our services from hospitality side. It then Takes away the value for blitz. Only destroying their own little empire. Will be interested to see if they offer to sell it to him. We might actually start making money then. 

They pay us rent over £200k per year if we don't pay them what we agreed they will take legal action. 

43 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Good points, Mike...something I would usually bear in mind...but to be honest with myself, I have literally had enough of being messed around. The club takes my money readily enough but that is down to me. I am currently visiting my youngest daughter in Scotland and was going to take both daughters to the Carlisle match on Boxing day, missing out because I had way too much to drink on the Christmas Day. Kind of glad I didn't shell out now, as the missus wanted to come along as well. Imagine the disappointment. :D

Unless your good lady watches them with you on a regular basis then she may have taken the view " Why do you spend all this money watching this crap every week?".

Edited by mikejh45

A good appointment now while we are still within reasonable touching distance and you lot spitting out your tampons will , I trust be out saying you were wrong and AL was right ? We have just been drubbed 6-0 by a team that’s not even at the top of the table. This league is of a terrible standard and FB , whichever way you decorate it up , has underachieved massively. A good call to fire him imo. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

How on earth has Pete Wild got the gig even on a temporary basis, this club is a fucking shambles from top to bottom and you have to question whether it's worth the trouble any more because this shit just isn't going to go away.

That's my fear now. As a reference point, Chesterfield are now in the relegation zone of the National League. I see absolutely nothing about this chairman and his track record so far to dispel the fear that we are heading in the same direction.

1 hour ago, UpTheLatics said:

Another utterly baffling, mindless and stupid decision by someone who is going to ruin our football club. 

Lemsagam out. A banner is required.

I'm with this. Demos against the owner don't often achieve much but this spineless charlatan deserves all the hostility he gets. We have to get him out.

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

A good appointment now while we are still within reasonable touching distance and you lot spitting out your tampons will , I trust be out saying you were wrong and AL was right ? We have just been drubbed 6-0 by a team that’s not even at the top of the table. This league is of a terrible standard and FB , whichever way you decorate it up , has underachieved massively. A good call to fire him imo. 

Bollocks.

In what way has he underachieved MASSIVELY??? 

We have no money. 

The squad is really thin. 

We have a very erratic owner. 

He sacked his number two. 

We were on the verge of the playoffs two games ago. 

We had just gone 8 unbeaten two games ago. 

Where (should) we be? 

How any fair minded fan can look at the big picture and say Bunn was underachieving is beyond me. 

12 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

That's my fear now. As a reference point, Chesterfield are now in the relegation zone of the National League. I see absolutely nothing about this chairman and his track record so far to dispel the fear that we are heading in the same direction.

Apparently shez could takeover at chesterfield!

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What is the trusts stance? Said anything yet?

The trust dont have a stance on anything. No doubt Underdog will valliantly try to dig them out in the morning. Unfortunately Diane Mellor still hasnt been appointed to the Board.Although the Trust theoretically is a sound concept in practice it is difficult for it to be an effective influencer and I feel sorry for those prepared to put themselves forwards to help achieve its objectives.

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

The trust dont have a stance on anything. No doubt Underdog will valliantly try to dig them out in the morning. Unfortunately Diane Mellor still hasnt been appointed to the Board.Although the Trust theoretically is a sound concept in practice it is difficult for it to be an effective influencer and I feel sorry for those prepared to put themselves forwards to help achieve its objectives.

True but they did iirc support AL and support his credibility to take us forward. Is this still the Trusts position then?

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

True but they did iirc support AL and support his credibility to take us forward. Is this still the Trusts position then?

It always seemed to me that their stance pro AL was more anything can be better than Corney, rather than a positive reaction to AL.

32 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Bollocks.

In what way has he underachieved MASSIVELY??? 

We have no money. 

The squad is really thin. 

We have a very erratic owner. 

He sacked his number two. 

We were on the verge of the playoffs two games ago. 

We had just gone 8 unbeaten two games ago. 

Where (should) we be? 

How any fair minded fan can look at the big picture and say Bunn was underachieving is beyond me. 

It’s actually quite a big squad... he just signed a lot of crocks who are permanently injured.

As you pointed out, we improved after his number two left.

This is a very, very poor league and any decent manager would have us in the play offs, not just challenging. 

8 unbeaten, two of which included non league teams... which one of them we literally scraped through. 

He would have been sacked at 9.25 of the Hampton game but somehow saved his skin. His team selection and tactics and subs are some of the worst we’ve ever seen.

I’ll give you bury at home... that was decent. But let’s not paper over the cracks of how terrible a manager he was. 

It’s a poor league. But we’re poor too. 

I think AL is completely off his rocker. And before anyone hints that my complete and established distrust and dislike of him may be based on things other than how he is attempting to run the club, it’s not. 

I just think he is bonkers, and if Corney was suffocating the club then AL lools like he’s snapping its neck. 

He might believe he os doing things “putting the club first”. That doesn’t mean he’s doing things right. 

I think he’s doing everything wrong. 

“Slowly slowly” my arse. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Respect your opinion and will be happy to be proven wrong on this.

But I highly doubt that things will get better this season.

There's a great deal of passion running through posts at the moment and that is totally understandable. However, let me just say this with a cool, clear head.

Please forget about boycotting games as some have suggested by saying vote with your feet. I think some have said they won't now go to Port Vale and Fulham. Some may feel that they've had enough altogether.

Yes, things are not looking great at Boundary Park right now but, surely, this is the very time that the players of YOUR club need all the support they can get.

None of us want our beloved Latics to slip into deeper trouble and, even, oblivion. Nobody wants us to do a Leyton Orient or Chesterfield and it's the fans who can be such a huge help in keeping us going.

None of those players who walked off the field at Carlisle would be proud of what happened. On top of that, they've lost the manager that they seemed to be very happy with.

Morale will be low now so, instead of not bothering to go, turn up as usual and show the players that they have your support.

What you do to show your displeasure with Lemsagam is a different matter. Have a protest outside the ground, make banners, chant what you will, but show those players in blue that you care about your club and get behind them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

There's a great deal of passion running through posts at the moment and that is totally understandable. However, let me just say this with a cool, clear head.

Please forget about boycotting games as some have suggested by saying vote with your feet. I think some have said they won't now go to Port Vale and Fulham. Some may feel that they've had enough altogether.

Yes, things are not looking great at Boundary Park right now but, surely, this is the very time that the players of YOUR club need all the support they can get.

None of us want our beloved Latics to slip into deeper trouble and, even, oblivion. Nobody wants us to do a Leyton Orient or Chesterfield and it's the fans who can be such a huge help in keeping us going.

None of those players who walked off the field at Carlisle would be proud of what happened. On top of that, they've lost the manager that they seemed to be very happy with.

Morale will be low now so, instead of not bothering to go, turn up as usual and show the players that they have your support.

What you do to show your displeasure with Lemsagam is a different matter. Have a protest outside the ground, make banners, chant what you will, but show those players in blue that you care about your club and get behind them.

I agree with your post to some extent, but I feel your being a bit naive with how much the players care. It’s just a job for some of them, and they where playing for the manager and not the fans. 

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I agree with your post to some extent, but I feel your being a bit naive with how much the players care. It’s just a job for some of them, and they where playing for the manager and not the fans. 

I think you'll find they do care with January round the corner. And yes, they were playing for the manager, but he isn't there any more, so I do believe that the fans can play their part.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

I think you'll find they do care with January round the corner. And yes, they were playing for the manager, but he isn't there any more, so I do believe that the fans can play their part.

I really don’t think the majority care. Edmundson, Hamer and Clarke will do, can you think of any others ? 

They will just move onto other clubs and that’s it, they don’t have the passion for the actual club like us fans do.