Frankie gone

All time low for me today.

I said when this Moroccan Football Agent charlatan took over that we could be heading for the Northern Premier league and this decision does nothing to alter that view 

The 3 Amigos didn’t manage to pull off their property deal and sold out to this imposter knowing full well the deal was a disaster for everyone except them

Fulham is going to be very weird as I’m not sure anyone will give a fuck anymore 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

It’s actually quite a big squad... he just signed a lot of crocks who are permanently injured.

As you pointed out, we improved after his number two left.

This is a very, very poor league and any decent manager would have us in the play offs, not just challenging. 

8 unbeaten, two of which included non league teams... which one of them we literally scraped through. 

He would have been sacked at 9.25 of the Hampton game but somehow saved his skin. His team selection and tactics and subs are some of the worst we’ve ever seen.

I’ll give you bury at home... that was decent. But let’s not paper over the cracks of how terrible a manager he was. 

The squad is big. . 😂

Ok- who comes in for Clarke or George? Oh that’s right, a kid on loan from Sheffield United. I’ll put it another way- this promotion chasing team we supposedly are has a kid, an old pro, and another kid on loan as it’s ‘options’ at centre half. That’s just one area of the massive squad I can be arsed highlighting. 

8 unbeaten- ‘but we  beat two non league teams in that run’ if my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle. The simple fact is we beat them. 

He would of been sacked after Hampton- see above. 

Whose papering over the cracks?? Not one person has suggested he was doing a terrific job, or was the second coming. However was he doing that badly to warrant the sack?? Not a chance. 

There isnt one justifible reason to sack him.

Unless your egomaniac like our owner. 

2 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

It’s actually quite a big squad... he just signed a lot of crocks who are permanently injured.

As you pointed out, we improved after his number two left.

This is a very, very poor league and any decent manager would have us in the play offs, not just challenging. 

8 unbeaten, two of which included non league teams... which one of them we literally scraped through. 

He would have been sacked at 9.25 of the Hampton game but somehow saved his skin. His team selection and tactics and subs are some of the worst we’ve ever seen.

I’ll give you bury at home... that was decent. But let’s not paper over the cracks of how terrible a manager he was. 

The squad is big. . 😂

Ok- who comes in for Clarke or George? Oh that’s right, a kid on loan from Sheffield United. I’ll put it another way- this promotion chasing team we supposedly are has a kid, an old pro, and another kid on loan as it’s ‘options’ at centre half. That’s just one area of the massive squad I can be arsed highlighting. 

8 unbeaten- ‘but we  beat two non league teams in that run’ if my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle. The simple fact is we beat them. 

He would of been sacked after Hampton- see above. 

Whose papering over the cracks?? Not one person has suggested he was doing a terrific job, or was the second coming. However was he doing that badly to warrant the sack?? Not a chance. 

There isnt one justifible reason to sack him.

Unless your egomaniac like our owner. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

There's a great deal of passion running through posts at the moment and that is totally understandable. However, let me just say this with a cool, clear head.

Please forget about boycotting games as some have suggested by saying vote with your feet. I think some have said they won't now go to Port Vale and Fulham. Some may feel that they've had enough altogether.

Yes, things are not looking great at Boundary Park right now but, surely, this is the very time that the players of YOUR club need all the support they can get.

None of us want our beloved Latics to slip into deeper trouble and, even, oblivion. Nobody wants us to do a Leyton Orient or Chesterfield and it's the fans who can be such a huge help in keeping us going.

None of those players who walked off the field at Carlisle would be proud of what happened. On top of that, they've lost the manager that they seemed to be very happy with.

Morale will be low now so, instead of not bothering to go, turn up as usual and show the players that they have your support.

What you do to show your displeasure with Lemsagam is a different matter. Have a protest outside the ground, make banners, chant what you will, but show those players in blue that you care about your club and get behind them.

Excellent post.

There's a great deal of passion running through posts at the moment and that is totally understandable. However, let me just say this with a cool, clear head.

Please forget about boycotting games as some have suggested by saying vote with your feet. I think some have said they won't now go to Port Vale and Fulham. Some may feel that they've had enough altogether.

Yes, things are not looking great at Boundary Park right now but, surely, this is the very time that the players of YOUR club need all the support they can get.

None of us want our beloved Latics to slip into deeper trouble and, even, oblivion. Nobody wants us to do a Leyton Orient or Chesterfield and it's the fans who can be such a huge help in keeping us going.

None of those players who walked off the field at Carlisle would be proud of what happened. On top of that, they've lost the manager that they seemed to be very happy with.

Morale will be low now so, instead of not bothering to go, turn up as usual and show the players that they have your support.

What you do to show your displeasure with Lemsagam is a different matter. Have a protest outside the ground, make banners, chant what you will, but show those players in blue that you care about your club and get behind them.

I've had ten years of this shit, trust me when I say I'm at the end of my tether.

We've all got friends who in the past would never miss a game, they travelled home and away and just stopped going and when I see them now they say to me why are you just pouring your money down the drain that clubs going one way and that's down and do you know what after defending the club for years I  finally agree with them, these last two chairman we've had are fucking poison, as bad as each other in their own shitty ways and I'm getting to a point where I just don't want to be part of it, people with families sacked on a whim because an egotistical fuckwit felt like it and we are not talking one or two staff we are probably looking at a couple of dozen in less than a year - sorry but that is just unacceptable and should be condoned, appointing a youth phase coach to lead the first team is just embarrassing and highlights just how few staff we actually have at the club, you could go on and on but what's the point this bloke wants to run an autocratic regime surrounding himself with sycophants and his bell end brother, it's a million miles away from the family club with a community feel we used to be so proud of, Abdallah should be truly ashamed of how he's behaving but you somehow get a feeling he doesn't really give a fuck.

Totally agree. 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've had ten years of this shit, trust me when I say I'm at the end of my tether.

We've all got friends who in the past would never miss a game, they travelled home and away and just stopped going and when I see them now they say to me why are you just pouring your money down the drain that clubs going one way and that's down and do you know what after defending the club for years I  finally agree with them, these last two chairman we've had are fucking poison, as bad as each other in their own shitty ways and I'm getting to a point where I just don't want to be part of it, people with families sacked on a whim because an egotistical fuckwit felt like it and we are not talking one or two staff we are probably looking at a couple of dozen in less than a year - sorry but that is just unacceptable and should be condoned, appointing a youth phase coach to lead the first team is just embarrassing and highlights just how few staff we actually have at the club, you could go on and on but what's the point this bloke wants to run an autocratic regime surrounding himself with sycophants and his bell end brother, it's a million miles away from the family club with a community feel we used to be so proud of, Abdallah should be truly ashamed of how he's behaving but you somehow get a feeling he doesn't really give a fuck.

I wonder if there will be a press conference today with the caretaker manager outlining his plans for the Port Vale match?

Would it also be too much to expect AL to show his face and explain his decisions to sack so many staff this year?

I've said more things on other threads but I'll keep it simple here.

Thanks Frankie, you weren't the second coming of Christ (nor the fourth coming of Shez) but you did OK in a difficult environment and while you couldn't stop the rot, you at least slowed it down a little.  Good luck in the future.

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Thanks Frankie, you weren't the second coming of Christ (nor the fourth coming of Shez) but you did OK in a difficult environment and while you couldn't stop the rot, you at least slowed it down a little.  Good luck in the future.

Agreed!

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That's your choice and I understand how you feel. I'm now 74 years old and I've supported Latics since my very first game as a six year old. It's in my blood and it has never ebbed away, despite the dark days of having to apply for re-election (non League football was a real possibility), 2004 and all that. 

Quite simply, my love for Latics won't go away and I'll continue to support whoever pulls on that blue shirt. It doesn't mean I'm wholeheartedly behind the regime that runs the club. I'm as pissed off with a lot of the shenanigans as you are, but I won't desert the football club that has been in my heart and soul for the thick end of 70 years.

You might think I'm mad for doing so, but we all have our choices to make. I've made mine, you've made yours. That's your prerogative and I won't castigate anyone for going down that route. I'm simply asking that as many as possible get behind the players and let's see where it takes us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The above.

Genuinely thought Bunn was a goner at the 87 minute point of the H&R game. Since that late comeback, there has been an improvement in some areas of the field but not in others. But overall, Boxing Day apart, the attacking style we had adopted was good to watch. Unfortunately the shift towards a more expansive game exposed our frailties at the back.

The defeat on Boxing Day was down to a strangely lacklustre, lethargic performance by us coupled with everything that Carlisle tried coming off. The concerns I had about our back five were realised. Who knows what might have happened if O’Grady had not missed the chance just before halftime.

As you say, Bunn did okay in difficult circumstances - and for me should have been given more time. You have my thanks and best wishes for the future - good luck Frankie.

Lemsagan however is a law unto himself 😧- these are worrying times. 

2 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Frankie and AL had a major blow out after the Exeter game and it left frankie on the brink...he won’t be to bothered he’s been given the boot as he was close to walking anyway! 

Club is in chaos...

Has been for about 7 years to be fair...

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Has been for about 7 years to be fair...

Yeh totally agree but this is the next level of chaos...Corney still retained staff and those that can do the paper work for new signings. At this point i’m Not sure if we have that person in the club as he sacked an administrator as well as bunn and Max Wragg

Edited by super_blue

12 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Can you please give @archiecat his emoji back please? Christ, we need something to smile about at the moment 

there is not an infinite number of times one can try to make people see sense.

It all becomes rather frustrating,ultimately leading to a much reduced use of said emoji.

There can never be a time where i could take any satisfaction in saying " i told you so" the goings  on at BP are just so very very sad.

He is still a :clown: though

• Like 2

I've said before that i didn't think FB was good enough, certainly at this moment. This season and next are crucial. If we don't get out of this league (the right way), we'll keep slipping. For all the problems FB might have faced, I never saw him improve tactically. If anything his decisions became more baffling as time went on. Now I'm not saying he was doing a poor job but i wanted to see some progress, signs he was improving as a manager. I didn't see any. January is crucial, we need a (capable) replacement in quickly and they need to be given the chance to improve the squad.

10 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Yeh totally agree but this is the next level of chaos...Corney still retained staff and those that can do the paper work for new signings. At this point i’m Not sure if we have that person in the club as he sacked an administrator as well as bunn and Max Wragg

Nope - our Football Secretary left to go to Fleetwood earlier in the month. They're the ones that deal with the paperwork etc.

9 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I've said before that i didn't think FB was good enough, certainly at this moment. This season and next are crucial. If we don't get out of this league (the right way), we'll keep slipping. For all the problems FB might have faced, I never saw him improve tactically. If anything his decisions became more baffling as time went on. Now I'm not saying he was doing a poor job but i wanted to see some progress, signs he was improving as a manager. I didn't see any. January is crucial, we need a (capable) replacement in quickly and they need to be given the chance to improve the squad.

FRANKIE

SAYS