Frankie gone

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They let him down badly on Boxing day.

Collective off-day? Whatever. It's yet another one sacked from the poisoned chalice of managing Oldham Athletic. I'm sick of this mentality that is fast becoming the norm in football and which brave but stupid manager is going to step up to the plate now? I just hope if Wild does ok, that Lemsagam does not lose his marbles and appoint him full-time.

It's a kick in the teeth. 

Best of luck to Frankie Bunn.

For me this is a good decision. He doesn’t have the drive to get the best out of the players on a regular basis. Yes they have been playing for him but no manager losing by that many yesterday would stand a chance of surviving at many clubs. 

Edited by adamoafc

15 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Save for 45mins against Bury, the football was mostly terrible, and AL probably thinks he left it too late with Wellens and doesn't want to make the same mistake. 

Daft to do it without a succession plan though. 

Think that's harsh...since Tranmere away we have been playing well bury  Crewe, Lincoln all good performances 

17 minutes ago, Horlicks said:

Hear he is looking to bring in Theresa May to provide a bit of stability.

Could be worse. Could be a spineless twat like Corbyn.   Can we NOT bring politics into football threads please, even in jest.  Thanks.

on topic. 

Action on needed very very quickly for the Jan window, otherwise it’ll be another wasted year. 

Wanted - a manager who can work with no budget, has crap players forced on him by the owner and doesn't mind said owner coming and putting his oar into the dressing room..

Form a queue..

We laughed at David Dunn for saying not even Mourinho could do this job. He was wrong then, but bang on the money now. 

Good luck for the future, Frankie. You never really had a chance here..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Wanted - a manager who can work with no budget, has crap players forced on him by the owner and doesn't mind said owner coming and putting his oar into the dressing room..

Form a queue..

We laughed at David Dunn for saying not even Mourinho could do this job. He was wrong then, but bang on the money now. 

Good luck for the future, Frankie. You never really had a chance here..

Hyperbole. 

There will be a shit load of applicants. 

Not really surprised...….I got the impression he never really moved on from being a coach and maybe that is why he was popular with the players.

He fell flat as a manager in two areas in my opinion.

1) It didn't look like he did any homework on the opposition. I thought after Carlisle at home, he might have taken a different approach but he still went with a big forward when we could all see a front two of Surridge and Lang was a better option to run at fat boy with the extra midfield spot going to Lyden.

2) Any success with team line-ups where stumbled upon. Would Maouche/Missile (arguably our best CM combo) have been given a chance if everyone else was fit.

Nice bloke but not good enough so correct decision for me.

We just don't know what has gone on.  Surprised to see Frankie here for so long with AL in charge.

Anyone who thinks the timing is good because there is money to spend in the transfer window is deluded.

The only good thing is that it does demonstrate that AL wants to do better than mid table.

PS Pete who?

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not really surprised...….I got the impression he never really moved on from being a coach and maybe that is why he was popular with the players.

He fell flat as a manager in two areas in my opinion.

1) It didn't look like he did any homework on the opposition. I thought after Carlisle at home, he might have taken a different approach but he still went with a big forward when we could all see a front two of Surridge and Lang was a better option to run at fat boy with the extra midfield spot going to Lyden.

2) Any success with team line-ups where stumbled upon. Would Maouche/Missile (arguably our best CM combo) have been given a chance if everyone else was fit.

Nice bloke but not good enough so correct decision for me.

5 or 6 games ago 90% of the people here agreed with you. Now it’s the worst decision ever because we only do emotional over the top knee jerks on this forum. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Like any of those two would come and attempt to manage the omni-shambles??

If it's choice of walking the dog, going shopping with 'er indoors or applying......they will definitely apply. Whether AL is prepared to pay is another matter.

Think it's a snap decision and not convinced it's the right one.

We were going well until Carlisle at home when the players didn't get paid..and since then we have been hit and miss but has picked up in recent weeks.  I agree with someone else that at times we see me to stumble ontp things. Missle and maouche weren't given a go until injurys took hold.

Unless there is a clear plan for a replacement this is yet another merry go round sacking and will do no one any favours. There have been some good team performances of late the last2 results are dissapointing and boxing day a horror show but even good teams get bounced.