Frankie gone

When Frankie was appointed I wasn't inspired, it seemed to me at the time to be the cheap option after Al came in to the club, got all excited and spunked his load within the first few months of his tenure, like a kid in a sweetshop. I have never got on Bunns back though. Ultimately we have cut whats left of the cloth, which has now (slowly, slowly) become a rag. Lack of quality and squad depth will cost us any shot at the playoffs. Just hope he doesn't appoint from within.. the cynic in me says he will.

8 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I agree with your sentiment, it's just a big ask of a new manager to come in as the January window opens and then strengthen and galvanise the squad within such a short time. We have seen it fail in the past. We can only sit back and wait...meanwhile, hope the results of coming games are favourable.

Wasn't that Dickov's suggestion to go onto a rolling contract? I think you have hit on a potentially good idea.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Being a lovely fella and nicey-nicey to us fans does not a good manager make and there is no evidence that continuing with an older rookie manager would propel us upwards.

Im old enough and wise enough to know this.

And what evidence that disrupting a setting team and club will have a positive effect.

Each to their own opinions but I just can't stomach this charade

3 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Being a lovely fella and nicey-nicey to us fans does not a good manager make and there is no evidence that continuing with an older rookie manager would propel us upwards.

And there's evidence that changing the manager twice a season does?? 

So all we need is a manager willing and able to:

• Challenge for promotion in League Two with a mid-table squad assembled by somebody else.
  • Work under an allegedly trigger-happy, unpredictable and interfering chairman.
  • Perform despite a climate of financial instability and regular late payment of wages.
  • Placate an expectant but disillusioned fanbase.

Easy as that. Can't wait to find out who it is...

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

Im old enough and wise enough to know this.

And what evidence that disrupting a setting team and club will have a positive effect.

Each to their own opinions but I just can't stomach this charade

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

And there's evidence that changing the manager twice a season does?? 

It's a gamble either way.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We do but that starts at the top it's up to Abdallah to create that stability at the club. Constantly wielding the axe at all levels just creates volatility.

He needs to hire the right people and get out of their way. As Steve jobs once said it doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do. So if Abdallah hires a manager or even a management team who will recruit let them do the job otherwise what's the point in them being employed by us.

Steve Jobs did say that... but he was an arrogant unfriendly tyrant that did exactly the opposite on a daily basis. He’d have sacked Frank much earlier. 

5 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

• Challenge for promotion in League Two with a mid-table squad assembled by somebody else.
  • Work under an allegedly trigger-happy, unpredictable and interfering chairman.
  • Perform despite a climate of financial instability and regular late payment of wages.

Easy as that. Can't wait to find out who it is...

Doesn't Gary Bowyer tick those boxes?

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Steve Jobs did say that... but he was an arrogant unfriendly tyrant that did exactly the opposite on a daily basis. He’d have sacked Frank much earlier. 

He was also a genius. Not sure our owner has a claim on that title. 

I could have waved good bye to Bunn after some turgid stuff earlier in the season but had come round to thinking he should see it out.

My reasoning was that any chance of promotion was now highly unlikely so just try to stabilize and get all the players onside.

Trouble is that the owner is a clown,the players don't give a toss and Bunn had already lost his assistant.

His tenure was all very Meh to be honest but at least he had a shot,hope he gets fixed up with something soon.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He was also a genius. Not sure our owner has a claim on that title. 

Debatable.  Without Gates (financing him to save apple) and Ive (the real genius designer) he’d have gone down as a failure. 

But yes, farrrrr more charismatic and successful  than our owner. 

We shouldn’t be in a position where we don’t know where to ascribe the blame for poor performances due to possible direct interference from the Chairman.

Until that uncertainty is quelled we’ll be a circus. For me it’s just a real shame that another rookie manager hasn’t been given the chance to demonstrate his capabilities, or lack of them. That will continue.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Debatable.  Without Gates (financing him to save apple) and Ive (the real genius designer) he’d have gone down as a failure. 

But yes, farrrrr more charismatic and successful  than our owner. 

I'd just settle for my ipad charging reliably. 

22 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Unfortunately that's all very true.