22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I know. But even so. 

Didn't Sky have 10% (or was it 9.9%) in numerous clubs at one stage. Because that was essentially the maximum amount you could have with more than one club. 

I doubt 10% of Salford City is actually all that much. 

I have no doubt David Beckham got his deal approved quickly, but I don't think anyone only buying 10% of a club would take that long. 

14 hours ago, JoeP said:

Corney didn't set out to wreck the football club from the start - if it was, he could have done it in a lot shorter time than 15 years.

I haven't got a clue what our new owner's game is (well, I could hazard a guess....), but the start he's made has been very suspicious.

An absence of letting us know what his plan is doesn't help matters either..

I agree, mate. It's not started brilliantly well. I think Corney has probably made me more patient than I should be but I just think it's still a transitional period and things he's trying new into his ownership aren't coming off. 

If he is trying to get involved in tactics/teams, that needs to stop (even if he's/his brother's in charge of recruitment). Other than that, there's been no talk of unpaid wages for a while and the probability of a managerial appointment that will get people interested. If we're in no better position in 12 months, it'd be time to ask serious questions. 

Does anyone really believe that Scholes would be happy with the projected 15th place finish?

As we have already established many supporters are more than happy,but Scholes is more used to winning shit than being brainwashed into thinking that avoiding relegation is a great achievement.

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Does anyone really believe that Scholes would be happy with the projected 15th place finish?

As we have already established many supporters are more than happy,but Scholes is more used to winning shit than being brainwashed into thinking that avoiding relegation is a great achievement.

No, but this season is only just over half way through. PS still has a chance of the play offs. If we don't make it he will definitely be going for it next season. All managers want to succeed, but he has a reputation to keep. He will no doubt pack it in if he fails, because he is just not used to failing.

I am assuming here that he is our new manager as it now seems that it is the only logical reason for no-one else to have been appointed yet.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

No, but this season is only just over half way through. PS still has a chance of the play offs. If we don't make it he will definitely be going for it next season. All managers want to succeed, but he has a reputation to keep. He will no doubt pack it in if he fails, because he is just not used to failing.

I am assuming here that he is our new manager as it now seems that it is the only logical reason for no-one else to have been appointed yet.

Your sense of optimism is admirable but I have seen nothing to suggest we can secure a play-off spot,let alone achieve promotion.

This proposed appointment looks like a desperate and maybe expensive attempt to boost the profile of owner and club.

it definitely doesn't look like a long term thing and I still can't quite understand Scholes motivation for taking it on.

26 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I don't think that's been established anywhere, just suggested in one or two posts that it's the case. I've not read anything about folk being happy with it.

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Your sense of optimism is admirable but I have seen nothing to suggest we can secure a play-off spot,let alone achieve promotion.

This proposed appointment looks like a desperate and maybe expensive attempt to boost the profile of owner and club.

it definitely doesn't look like a long term thing and I still can't quite understand Scholes motivation for taking it on.

I don't think we need to understand it; just be thankful that he is (as far as we know) going to take it on as it could be the best thing that has happened to the club for a long time.

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

I don't think that's been established anywhere, just suggested in one or two posts that it's the case. I've not read anything about folk being happy with it.

I don't think we need to understand it; just be thankful that he is (as far as we know) going to take it on as it could be the best thing that has happened to the club for a long time.

Point 1, Kusunga told us this was the case and he has his finger on the pulse.

Point 2, Nice in theory but in practice working for the :clown: I really do fear the worst.

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Like you, I think the play-offs although achievable, might be a step too far now and as we're not going down I'd say Scholes has nothing to lose for the remainder of another write off season but he'll put it right next without question.

40 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Great

Just the mentality shift that this club needs. 

I’m struggling to understand this apparent blind optimism that a manager who is not yet confirmed will transform the club’s fortune despite having no pedigree as a coach, let alone as a manager.  If PS takes the job I wish only the best for him and the club as a fan, I’m just more cautious. And as for the apparent cost of the appointment, if true it’s ludicrous ! If there’s that amount of money available then it could be spent on better players who could produce results on the pitch.

13 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Childrens tv finished eh marra....

Ps,don't disregard the potential volatility of this particular owner/manager relationship.

You are a smart operator Max,you know the chances of this going wrong are high.

That said,if you don't buy a ticket,you don't win the raffle.

12 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Ps,don't disregard the potential volatility of this particular owner/manager relationship.

Got my Euromillions raffle tickets for tonight.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Nothing in football lasts long these days.

I don't know how old you are or how long you have watched latics. 

I have watched since 1976, Others longer than me.

Other than the Royle era and the odd cup upset its been pretty pants.

If you weren't witness to the Royle era i can tell you it was fantastic. 

I feel for the younger fan and sort of understand were you are coming from.

So onto now, any chance of something big, we should grasp because it might be a long time before something similar comes along, if ever.

If it doesn't work, so what, at least we gave it a shot.