Currently I can’t see past him appointing Wild and Clarke as assistant. Clarke was over at the touch line on a few occasions today (more so than seen previously) and I think he’ll punt for the cheapest option. Of course it’s an assumption rather than a fact....

Edited by super_blue
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

This appointment is crucial. Get it right, and we should be looking for top 7, maybe even top 3. The standard in this League is nothing short of abysmal. Over to you, Abdallah...

Feels as pivotal as when Johnson left.

Real opportunity to go up with the right appointment. Hope AL doesn’t make the same mistake Corney did. 

7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Currently I can’t see past him appointing Wilde and Clarke as assistant. Clarke was over at the touch line on a few occasions today (more so than seen previously) and I think he’ll punt for the cheapest option. Of course it’s an assumption rather than a fact....

This is how I see it. 

I’d like a more experienced manager.

But while we’re winning and we make no appointment, it becomes obvious he’ll give it to Wild. 

The only thing that make him reticent, is if he still feels burnt by appointing Wellens. 

I suspect we’ll just to do whatever is cheapest. We usually do. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We need Clarke on the pitch. Do player managers ever work out. 

Not if they are important first teamers like Clarke is.

If Clarke is appointed as player manager Surridge and Lang move on then it will require major strengthening for us to get into play off picture no strengthening then we can expect to see us try to avoid relegation.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not if they are important first teamers like Clarke is.

If Clarke is appointed as player manager Surridge and Lang move on then it will require major strengthening for us to get into play off picture no strengthening then we can expect to see us try to avoid relegation.

This is kind of where I'm at.

The only possible positive I can see from taking Clarke off the pitch is that it could give us more room to manouevre in the transfer window, but even that's debatable.

From the little I know about him I'm not sure Askey would be the perfect fit.  He seems better as a longer term builder of teams which is certainly not what we're going to be.  But I'd prefer him to Clarke as it would mean we keep him on the pitch!

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

This is kind of where I'm at.

The only possible positive I can see from taking Clarke off the pitch is that it could give us more room to manouevre in the transfer window, but even that's debatable.

From the little I know about him I'm not sure Askey would be the perfect fit.  He seems better as a longer term builder of teams which is certainly not what we're going to be.  But I'd prefer him to Clarke as it would mean we keep him on the pitch!

If Clarke retires at the end of the season he could stay on as a coach and then become manager down the line. His opportunity will come doesn’t need to be now. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If Clarke retires at the end of the season he could stay on as a coach and then become manager down the line. His opportunity will come doesn’t need to be now. 

At a club with a clear and established pathway that's what would happen.  It's how Shez got his chance with us previously.

5 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

At a club with a clear and established pathway that's what would happen.  It's how Shez got his chance with us previously.

Highly unlikely we will be offering him similar wage as he's on now so interested to see how things play out.

2 hours ago, super_blue said:

Currently I can’t see past him appointing Wild and Clarke as assistant. Clarke was over at the touch line on a few occasions today (more so than seen previously) and I think he’ll punt for the cheapest option. Of course it’s an assumption rather than a fact....

Wild will be back with the Youth team after Sunday...