1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Need the win tommorw but over the moon with this appointment. Well done AL, and as he said we are almost debt free. He’s doing okay in my opinion.

I picked up this on twitter (was it you James?). 
It's a tad disingenuous of AL to say we are debt free, we owed £9.3m as of June 2017, and who is to say we have not added to creditors since then and since AL took over.

I know it was something Corney said too, and I hope we are balancing the books day to day, but it's plaing with words!

3 minutes ago, singe said:

I picked up this on twitter (was it you James?). 
It's a tad disingenuous of AL to say we are debt free, we owed £9.3m as of June 2017, and who is to say we have not added to creditors since then and since AL took over.

I know it was something Corney said too, and I hope we are balancing the books day to day, but it's plaing with words!

Or language barrier maybe ?

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Or language barrier maybe ?

I know what you are saying, but i'm less inclined to believe that, I don't think his English is bad. Strong accent maybe, but not bad. I'm surprised him and Roy haven't had misunderstandings though! 🤣 (I'm a Roy fan, no malice)

3 minutes ago, singe said:

I know what you are saying, but i'm less inclined to believe that, I don't think his English is bad. Strong accent maybe, but not bad. I'm surprised him and Roy haven't had misunderstandings though! 🤣 (I'm a Roy fan, no malice)

If you listen to the end he says something along the lines of delighted to welcome PS to the board (I think). Might have said club but difficult to say with that bleeding accent (also no malice before the ❄️ brigade are out)

For those debating Scholes being a good or bad thing, the amount of media attention we’ve received today definitely places it as a great appointment for this club.  

Adrian Durham aside, the number of players, managers, media outlets and clubs wishing him all the best is testament to just how popular the lad is.

When Solksjaer gets the United job permanently and having Butt as Head of Youth  , there it wouldn’t surprise me that we’ll be towards the front of the queue in signing youth players from United on loan next season.  Imagine what the likes of Tahith Chong, Callum Gribbin and Mason Greenwood could do for our midfield and strike force.   It’s not just United, I’m certain other Prem clubs would welcome Scholes and Priest coaching their talent and playing for us.

Still think we could sneak a play-off berth this season though .....

To say his main contacts are solksjaer and butt is a bit off... 

Just thinking quickly he'll have worked with the following.... 

Mclaran - QPR

Kidd - City

Not sure his personal relationship with gerrard/lampard but certainly played many times alongside so that potentially brings in Derby / Rangers. 

His contacts will be much wider than those he played with for united. 

2 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Mclaran - QPR

Kidd - City

Not sure his personal relationship with gerrard/lampard but certainly played many times alongside so that potentially brings in Derby / Rangers. 

Not just that but if a big(ger) club has a promising young midfielder how likely are they to want that midfielder to learn from one of the greatest midfielders of the previous generation. 

There aren't many managers with his playing pedigree in the UK. Nevermind League 2 (Campbell is probably the closest). 

39 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

For those debating Scholes being a good or bad thing, the amount of media attention we’ve received today definitely places it as a great appointment for this club.  

Adrian Durham aside, the number of players, managers, media outlets and clubs wishing him all the best is testament to just how popular the lad is.

When Solksjaer gets the United job permanently and having Butt as Head of Youth  , there it wouldn’t surprise me that we’ll be towards the front of the queue in signing youth players from United on loan next season.  Imagine what the likes of Tahith Chong, Callum Gribbin and Mason Greenwood could do for our midfield and strike force.   It’s not just United, I’m certain other Prem clubs would welcome Scholes and Priest coaching their talent and playing for us.

Still think we could sneak a play-off berth this season though .....

More chance of Scholes starting for us than Chong coming to Oldham.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not just that but if a big(ger) club has a promising young midfielder how likely are they to want that midfielder to learn from one of the greatest midfielders of the previous generation. 

There aren't many managers with his playing pedigree in the UK. Nevermind League 2 (Campbell is probably the closest). 

That's what Matt Holland was saying on Talk Shite tonight..

20 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Mclaran - QPR

Kidd - City

Just look at all the managers in the bottom 2 divisions are any of them as well known in football as Scholes is? Even the majority in the championship don't have Scholes standing in the game.

This is a guy Pep Guardiola said was the one player who he would have loved to have played with for that reason alone he could easily open doors for us that were previously shut. 

4 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Did anyone listen to talk sport at 16:30,

Adrian Durham and Matt Holland.

Durham absolutely slated scholes and really put us down as a club.

Probably all for a reaction which he has got on Twitter.

My blood was boiling listening to him.

He also went on to state "Messi is another who's never challenged himself".

As a good mate of mine pointed out on Twitter. We're really through the looking glass with that sensationalist wanker, aren't we?

Does it for nothing more than callers clambering to phone in. 

23 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He also went on to state "Messi is another who's never challenged himself".

As a good mate of mine pointed out on Twitter. We're really through the looking glass with that sensationalist wanker, aren't we?

Does it for nothing more than callers clambering to phone in. 

It was embarrassing