16 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyone who bets on next Oldham manager,  I would suggest lays off betting altogether bud ...

Agreed.  Those markets are the ultimate rip-offs.  Unbelievable margins and fed on baseless rumours or a fiver moving the price.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The only surprise about this threadis that it isn't longer than the one about the North Stand!

New thread for new manager. I linked the last thread for rumours about the new manager, to make the mods job easier if they wanted to activate ‘Merge-O-Matic’.

39 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

He didn't come across particularly well in the Sunderland documentary...

Sunderland were in turmoil when he came in the problems there were beyond his control, it didn't workout at Bradford but for a club like us I'd describe it as a major coup but it depends what environment Abdallah is going to let him work in.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Sunderland were in turmoil when he came in the problems there were beyond his control, it didn't workout at Bradford but for a club like us I'd describe it as a major coup but it depends what environment Abdallah is going to let him work in.

I think we can safely safe, we won’t get anywhere near the Calibre of Grayson. 

It’s either a league two manager or below IMO. Someone who can look past AL and see it as opportunity to make a name for themselves. (Askey fits the bill perfectly)  Anyone with any credibility above us will wait for a better opportunity IMO. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think we can safely safe, we won’t get anywhere near the Calibre of Grayson. 

It’s either a league two manager or below IMO. Someone who can look past AL and see it as opportunity to make a name for themselves. (Askey fits the bill perfectly)  Anyone with any credibility above us will wait for a better opportunity IMO. 

You mean the same Simon Grayson who didn’t have his contract renewed by Bradford after under-performing for half of last season in League 1.

I think he might be interested. We may not be able to afford him.

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

You mean the same Simon Grayson who didn’t have his contract renewed by Bradford after under-performing for half of last season in League 1.

Think it was more his choice, didn't want to work with Rahic.

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I mean the Simon Grayson who’s had multiple promotions from league one, spent several seasons in the championship, and left Bradford of his own accord- mostly likely because he realised they didn’t have a pot to piss in. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s throughly depressing that we can’t near Grayson. However the reality is that with his CV,  our budget and owner the chances of him coming are zero. 

There are very few managers out there without a blip on their cv. 

I’d be delighted with someone who has a promotion on their cv with a reputation for decent passing football. Whether they’ve had a relegation or not. 

Whether we’re willing to pay for that is another matter. 

John Askey: "Macclesfield endured a difficult season off the pitch during the 2017–18 campaign, as financial problems meant that players went unpaid in January despite the wage bill being one of the lowest in the division. Despite these restrictions, Askey managed to guide Macclesfield to promotion back to the Football League as champions of the National League."

I think at times this season we've had a taste of what the National League level is about, and Askey knows how to get results and importantly, promotion, amid this kind of football and financial atmosphere. This makes him the most sensible, viable option for me, and I'd be relieved as much as anything if we went for him.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not much of a better, but I've had a flutter on our new manager...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I already did - that there was no chance Clarke would take it...

Betting on who our “new manager”  will be. isn’t the same as betting against ,who the new manager may be...?