Jump to content
OWTB Forums

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Is there anywhere i can lay off my Clarke bet?

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyone who bets on next Oldham manager,  I would suggest lays off betting altogether bud ...

Agreed.  Those markets are the ultimate rip-offs.  Unbelievable margins and fed on baseless rumours or a fiver moving the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyone who bets on next Oldham manager,  I would suggest lays off betting altogether bud ...

Why? Made a fair bit on Wellens last time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyone who bets on next Oldham manager,  I would suggest lays off betting altogether bud ...

I'm not much of a better, but I've had a flutter on our new manager...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not much of a better, but I've had a flutter on our new manager...

If it's your bet that has caused the only real mover in the market today then I'd be a bit worried!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

 

When you say “even Clarke”... that is quite insulting to a player that clearly wants to just keep playing. 

 

You are obsessed pal. Very unhealthy. 

 

Eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

 

No chance of taking it or no chance of being offered it?  I’m pleased either way. 

Taking it. Don't take it as gospel (you never do anyway), but that's what I was told...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Taking it. Don't take it as gospel (you never do anyway), but that's what I was told...

Hopefully not Pressley, prepare to be bored if it is...He’s still whinged about in fleetwood now as the worst ever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Taking it. Don't take it as gospel (you never do anyway), but that's what I was told...

You not sharing then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only surprise about this threadis that it isn't longer than the one about the North Stand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

 

Hmmm. Has been really good in the past but his last two jobs were disastrous.  The Sunderland job was an impossible one at the time though. 

He didn't come across particularly well in the Sunderland documentary...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yarddog73 said:

You not sharing then? 

I already did - that there was no chance Clarke would take it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The only surprise about this threadis that it isn't longer than the one about the North Stand!

New thread for new manager. I linked the last thread for rumours about the new manager, to make the mods job easier if they wanted to activate ‘Merge-O-Matic’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

He didn't come across particularly well in the Sunderland documentary...

 

Sunderland were in turmoil when he came in the problems there were beyond his control, it didn't workout at Bradford but for a club like us I'd describe it as a major coup but it depends what environment Abdallah is going to let him work in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Sunderland were in turmoil when he came in the problems there were beyond his control, it didn't workout at Bradford but for a club like us I'd describe it as a major coup but it depends what environment Abdallah is going to let him work in.

I think we can safely safe, we won’t get anywhere near the Calibre of Grayson. 

 

It’s either a league two manager or below IMO. Someone who can look past AL and see it as opportunity to make a name for themselves. (Askey fits the bill perfectly)  Anyone with any credibility above us will wait for a better opportunity IMO. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think we can safely safe, we won’t get anywhere near the Calibre of Grayson. 

 

It’s either a league two manager or below IMO. Someone who can look past AL and see it as opportunity to make a name for themselves. (Askey fits the bill perfectly)  Anyone with any credibility above us will wait for a better opportunity IMO. 

You mean the same Simon Grayson who didn’t have his contract renewed by Bradford after under-performing for half of last season in League 1.

 

I think he might be interested. We may not be able to afford him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

You mean the same Simon Grayson who didn’t have his contract renewed by Bradford after under-performing for half of last season in League 1.

 

I think he might be interested. We may not be able to afford him.

Think it was more his choice, didn't want to work with Rahic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

You mean the same Simon Grayson who didn’t have his contract renewed by Bradford after under-performing for half of last season in League 1.

 

I think he might be interested. We may not be able to afford him.

I mean the Simon Grayson who’s had multiple promotions from league one, spent several seasons in the championship, and left Bradford of his own accord- mostly likely because he realised they didn’t have a pot to piss in. 

 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s throughly depressing that we can’t near Grayson. However the reality is that with his CV,  our budget and owner the chances of him coming are zero. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are very few managers out there without a blip on their cv. 

 

I’d be delighted with someone who has a promotion on their cv with a reputation for decent passing football. Whether they’ve had a relegation or not. 

 

Whether we’re willing to pay for that is another matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Askey: "Macclesfield endured a difficult season off the pitch during the 2017–18 campaign, as financial problems meant that players went unpaid in January despite the wage bill being one of the lowest in the division. Despite these restrictions, Askey managed to guide Macclesfield to promotion back to the Football League as champions of the National League."

I think at times this season we've had a taste of what the National League level is about, and Askey knows how to get results and importantly, promotion, amid this kind of football and financial atmosphere. This makes him the most sensible, viable option for me, and I'd be relieved as much as anything if we went for him.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not much of a better, but I've had a flutter on our new manager...

 

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I already did - that there was no chance Clarke would take it...

Betting on who our “new manager”  will be. isn’t the same as betting against ,who the new manager may be...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×