3 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

The complaint about it him from the supporters of the previous clubs he’s managed is that his teams play dull defensive football. We all know how our supporters feel about that style! It’s not going to end well is it☺️

AL doesn’t want boring defensive football! He’s an experienced manager I’d give him a go

3 hours ago, Wardie said:
Peter Harding @PHardingSport 6m6 minutes ago
Steven Pressley could become the new manager of Oldham Athletic after positive talks with owner Abdallah Lemsagem An announcement is expected to be made Saturday evening after the Fulham game

Pressley would be way down my list of preferred candidates!

There is nothing wrong with the owner of a business deciding how it is going to operate unless he recruits employees on a false premise.

It is clear to everyone that recruitment is not going to be in the hands of the coach (have to call the new recruit that) and I fully support Abdallah if he is going to insist on an attacking style of play - draws as we saw at the end of last season just get you relegated.

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:
And now it’s......
Peter Clarke
1/1
John Askey
5/2
Steven Pressley
7/2
Paul Scholes
12/1
Pete Wild
14/1
Darren Ferguson
16/1
Jacques Santini
16/1
Owen Coyle
16/1
Paul Heckingbottom
16/1

So if we win on Sunday (or draw?) what would that do to The Wild things odds?

4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Maybe AL's interview list to any prospective manager is;

- This is what I'm offering!

- Me and our kid are dealing with recruitment!

- This is how I want the team to play!

- If you don't like the first two then the toilet window is open!

- If you agree to the third point but don't do it then be prepared to have your initials burnt off your car parking spot......very quickly!!!

As bizarre as it sounds, Pressley and Lemsagam already have a good relationship. They met in Dubai...

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As bizarre as it sounds, Pressley and Lemsagam already have a good relationship. They met in Dubai...

I couldnt think of anything worse than watching a Pressley team, i went to quite a few fleetwood games when we was playing away and its not pretty..We wont concede many but we definately wont be scoring loads either..Fleetwood finished 2 places out of the relegation places after winning only 2 of there last 13 games with him incharge..He had about 9 months there and resigned after that season..

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I normally trust most of what you say, but you’ve been very cat and mouse about the next appointment.

Almost as though your enjoying what you know. . .

Which isn’t usually your style.. . 

9 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

I couldnt think of anything worse than watching a Pressley team, i went to quite a few fleetwood games when we was playing away and its not pretty..We wont concede many but we definately wont be scoring loads either..Fleetwood finished 2 places out of the relegation places after winning only 2 of there last 13 games with him incharge..He had about 9 months there and resigned after that season..

And they threw some money around at the time. If AL does give it to Pressley you've got to wonder what he offered that Bunn couldn't. 

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And they threw some money around at the time. If AL does give it to Pressley you've got to wonder what he offered that Bunn couldn't. 

So often we seem to go on the interview/"due dilligence" rather than any track record/history.

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Scholes odds have been cut in half. Has he been interviewed this time?

He was interviewed last time wasn’t he? 

Edit:  Oh, I’m actually thinking about the time before... Wellens. 

Edited by kowenicki