4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He was interviewed last time wasn’t he? 

Edit:  Oh, I’m actually thinking about the time before... Wellens. 

Yes and probably would have got if Wellens hadn't gone on a 7 game unbeaten run.

Favourite now:

Next Oldham Athletic Manager Odds

View Profile

Paul Scholes

Previous Team:None

2/1

View Profile

Peter Clarke

3/1

View Profile

John Askey

Previous Team:Shrewsbury Town

4/1

View Profile

Steven Pressley

Previous Team:Fleetwood Town

4/1

View Profile

Robbie Fowler

20/1

View Profile

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

The panelists had to say a match they'd like to be at this weekend. She talked about him going from fan to manager and having his train ticket booked.

Jenny's my mate, she was asking for ideas in the week. I was well chuffed to get a Hallelujah on Fighting Talk! :D

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wouldn't Scholes have to give up his "interest" in Salford if he were to get our job... 

You'd guess so but he has applied before with the same circumstances in place so maybe not or he's willing to give it up. 

This manager thing, really does seem like a bit of a knee jerk reaction, not planned for event. 

The sacking after the 6 - o thumbing, sounds like  an  " l"ve been waiting for an excuse to bin him, now l"ve got one ". But if that's the case you would have thought that all the replacement groundwork would already have been in place and AL would have identified a very short, shortlist of those he wanted to replace FB with, after all that are dozens of experienced ex managers out there waiting for a job opportunity. So three or four days after the event, in walks new replacement.  After all, that's what seems to happen with many other clubs  -  within  four or five days, in walks new man. That's clearly not happened.

So, evidence seems to point to this being a spur of the moment jump by AL, of which, of course, he has history. But there again he's a relatively successful business man, and most of that ilk plan ahead for the what if's, especially if one of those " what if"s " is what you are waiting for.  So, taking the " l've been waiting" bit from the above, again you would have thought that there might have been a sort of running shortlist already available. But still nothing. I for one thought that the appointment might have been announced on late Friday, giving PW his time in the limelight at Fulham, and no matter what happens on Sunday, new slate come Monday morning. But that's not happening, unless announcement on Sunday morning.

Next thought process  -  with all this talk of a continental type system with Sporting Director and Coach beneath said Sporting Director, and with this on paper at least almost in place, again l am puzzled by why it is taking so long. We've got the SD in situ, and again you would have thought that with an element of forward planning, for there appears to have been such planning with the way the internal structures of the club are being radically changed, l would have expected some EU chappie to have appeared by now. But nothing.

My background  -  l ran my own company with a staff of one hundred and fifty people of thirty odd years. Business is business, no matter what sector, and l just cannot fathom which way our club is actually going in relation to it's future management structure.

To Parigby.

Well  the short answer to this is-we ain't doing bad with no obvious planning and a temporary manager in place. My big worry was recruitment but we seem to have had a great week for this with the news of the loan signings being renewed and a new player.

Lets get tomorrow out of the way and see what next week brings.

23 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Keith Hill might be on the list soon 😂

Cant last much longer. Some fans are starting to hate him and that would be a shame after all he’s done. 2600 turned up today. Talk of financial tightening coming too partly attributable to him by all accounts, long expensive contract and share of transfer fees out. 

I wouldnt want him. Egomaniac. Not a very nice man. 

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Keith Hill might be on the list soon 😂

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Cant last much longer. Some fans are starting to hate him and that would be a shame after all he’s done. 2600 turned up today. Talk of financial tightening coming too partly attributable to him by all accounts, long expensive contract and share of transfer fees out. 

I was thinking he was a  possibility after listening to radio Manchester tonight. Dale seem to be on an amazing downward Slide.

my initial view was I'd have him. Proven at this level with teams that have played attractive footy.

then I read kowenickis post. Agreed he does come across as right up his own backside.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Oh he’s a proper bell end. He plays decent football though and has brought young players through well. I wouldn’t have him either.