I agree. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I don’t think we need look very far for our next manager. After watching the latest interview with Pete Wild I reckon he’s warming to the idea of taking the job.

He is very confident in front of the media, keeps it simple and talks a lot of sense. If he’s offered the job which looks likely then I think he will accept and probably agree to take it on, initially, until the end of the season.

The only scenario that could threaten the appointment would be a heavy defeat against FGR.

I agree. I think a win Saturday and the job is his.

4 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

This is right up there as one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here in the last twelve years.  He was an incredible player.

I'm biased as I fucking hate them but he always seemed over hyped to me. I never got it. I echo the Gerrard and Lampard being better post, especially Gerrard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I don’t think we need look very far for our next manager. After watching the latest interview with Pete Wild I reckon he’s warming to the idea of taking the job.

He is very confident in front of the media, keeps it simple and talks a lot of sense. If he’s offered the job which looks likely then I think he will accept and probably agree to take it on, initially, until the end of the season.

All these things were said about Wellens when he was caretaker manager, by pretty much everyone.

6 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

This is right up there as one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here in the last twelve years.  He was an incredible player.

Agreed and there’s been a lot of competition in the utterly barmy posting stakes!

Scholes was quite simply world class.Xavi said he was the best central midfielder he’d seen in the last 20 years, and Thierry Henry said he was the greatest player in PL history. Enough said.

For those who think that Surridge has gone for good, consider this. If he turns out for Bournemouth with their shortage of strikers, he can't go anywhere else on loan except Latics. You can't play for more than two clubs in a season. 

I don't honestly believe it will happen, but football's a funny old game.

Already the 11th January. Lose tomorrow and we’re back to square one. Hoping the FA Cup win hasn’t blinded Abdallah and the staff to the task at hand.

No signings bar one who is going to need time to fit in like Missilou, Maouche etc..

Could get royally stuffed tomorrow. Think there’s only 14 who we know are fit and we’ve probably lost two of them because they’re all made of glass. 

A loss tomorrow will will probably kick Abdallah into gear but he should have got the ball moving this week, not next. Every point counts if we have any aspirations of promotion.

40 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Already the 11th January. Lose tomorrow and we’re back to square one. A setback but not square one.

Hoping the FA Cup win hasn’t blinded Abdallah and the staff to the task at hand. Check the official website and you will read that both Wild and Lang have given interviews that show we are fully focussed on the ‘task at hand’

No signings bar one who is going to need time to fit in like Missilou, Maouche etc.. The timing of Bunn’s departure was not ideal and has probably put more pressure on the recruitment of fresh faces in the January transfer period. But, as you say,   it is only January 11 so there is time.

Could get royally stuffed tomorrow. Not sure what constitutes ‘royally stuffed’ but it will be another tough game. 

Think there’s only 14 who we know are fit and we’ve probably lost two of them because they’re all made of glass. All made of glass? Really?

A loss tomorrow will will probably kick Abdallah into gear but he should have got the ball moving this week, not next. Sylla in as the first new face and I have no doubt that AL is working on more.

Every point counts if we have any aspirations of promotion. No shit Sherlock 🕵️

😉

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Big Dennis Souza now in the betting at 16-1.... 

If I had the money, Id be whacking a tenner on a new random name a day, just to mess with Latics fans like this. 

"Today I want to place £10 on Dennis Souza, tomorrow maybe John Gregory."

57 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Already the 11th January. Lose tomorrow and we’re back to square one. Hoping the FA Cup win hasn’t blinded Abdallah and the staff to the task at hand.

No signings bar one who is going to need time to fit in like Missilou, Maouche etc..

Could get royally stuffed tomorrow. Think there’s only 14 who we know are fit and we’ve probably lost two of them because they’re all made of glass. 

A loss tomorrow will will probably kick Abdallah into gear but he should have got the ball moving this week, not next. Every point counts if we have any aspirations of promotion.

We've lost Surridge, Lyden, Graham &Miller. Not sure Miller and Graham we will notice.
Surridge only played half the games, and has struggled since injury scoring 3 goals since September. Sunday was pretty important, granted.
Lyden has only played 4 full LEague games
Graham only played  7 league games
Miller only scored 3 in 16
We re-signed Lang
Sylla is an unknown.

Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

You ok hun?

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nice to see you being your old positive self again.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Forget about promotion KIG, that boat sailed a long time ago.All about planning for next year now.

Obviously it would be advantageous financially to get a few more quid from the FA cup but that is a long shot.

The :clown: will be looking to bring in more foreigners to plug the gaps in the squad,not sure a new manager would have any means of recruiting from the english game anyway ( unless they came FOC )

I am going for a draw Saturday by the way :chubb: