44 minutes ago, singe said:

John Askey in the crowd apparently.
PW with him would be palatable.

Askey went for and was knocked back for the York City job who currently languish in 17th in the National League North - now that would be a coup.

Edited by yarddog73

If we could tempt someone like Mark Cooper from FGR with a good Salary and a decent budget...( their football 1st half was a joy to watch) or Paul Scholes where money wouldn’t really be a motivator then fine.

Other than that, rather than the usual out of work crew who appear on the applicants list whenever this job comes up I would probably stick with Peter Wild.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

If we could tempt someone like Mark Cooper from FGR with a good Salary and a decent budget...( their football 1st half was a joy to watch) or Paul Scholes where money wouldn’t really be a motivator then fine.

Other than that, rather than the usual out of work crew who appear on the applicants list whenever this job comes up I would probably stick with Peter Wild.

Me too. Sick of the merry go round of bang average managers. 

19 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Yep that's definitely how it went

18 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Was he knocked back or did he turn them down. Can you confirm that? 

He was knocked back and it's common knowledge within the game, not saying he couldn't do a job for us but his appointment would hardly be inspiring. 

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He was knocked back and it's common knowledge within the game, not saying he couldn't do a job for us but his appointment would hardly be inspiring. 

So a team at the struggling at the  bottom of the league turned down a manager who had just managed a club 3 levels above them.

Ok

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

17 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Knocked back according to the York Press.

It says he was interviewed in here.... but I can’t find ‘knocked back’ anywhere....?

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/17348766.confirmed-steve-watson-named-as-york-citys-new-manager/

Edited by lookersstandandy