29 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

The only bad thong to come out of Steven Pressley getting the Carlisle job is Lee Clark is still out of work and actively looking at getting back into the game..Please AL do not give it to the nobjockey, id rather a ballboy or turnstile attendant got the managers job. 

How do you know Pressley wears thongs?

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

After a quiet few days and static odds, Pete Wild's odds have slightly lengthened, at 4/11, and Paul Scholes' odds have shortened to 5/2.

Sky Bet

That could be someone putting a bet on Scholes. I doubt there will be much more money for anyone outside Wild and Scholes until AL returns from Dubai. (Unless he's seen talking to a potential manager in Dubai). 

20 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

That could be someone putting a bet on Scholes. I doubt there will be much more money for anyone outside Wild and Scholes until AL returns from Dubai. (Unless he's seen talking to a potential manager in Dubai). 

Must be a big bet for the odds to go from 10/1 to 5/2. :coffee1:

Any OWTB members in Dubai with a camera? :exile:

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

From who? 

Why always the need to scrutinise every post? Sometimes it's hearsay and conjecture. I'd still rather it was posted than not.

If someone hears something that's come from the aunt of the kit man's sister's best friend, it's still something that's been 'heard' and worthy of a post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Why always the need to scrutinise every post? Sometimes it's hearsay and conjecture. I'd still rather it was posted than not.

If someone hears something that's come from the aunt of the kit man's sister's best friend, it's still something that's been 'heard' and worthy of a post. 

Struck me as a fair question.

To evaluate how much credibility to give to the comment that was heard ? Have to say it was the first reaction I had .

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Part of the fun is talking bollocks. 

Innit. I've been convinced that we're about to become a feeder club for Spurs and on the cusp of signing Patrick Berger within the time I've been reading and posting on this board. It'd just be shit if it got a point where people didn't want to share what they'd heard as it'd be picked apart.

It's not beyond the realms that the club are looking to get clearance from the FA with regards to Scholes, it wouldn't be a straight forward appointment given his interest in a team only one rung below us who may well be in the same League as us in the next year or two, Scholes wanted the job when AL was chairman 12 months ago, I can't see why he still wouldn't want to give it a go.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's not beyond the realms that the club are looking to get clearance from the FA with regards to Scholes, it wouldn't be a straight forward appointment given his interest in a team only one rung below us who may well be in the same League as us in the next year or two, Scholes wanted the job when AL was chairman 12 months ago, I can't see why he still wouldn't want to give it a go.

Can't believe he gives up the BT gig and all the other outside interests to come into this.