1 hour ago, disjointed said:

No chance, I'm sure he knows about AL and his interference, Scholes wouldn't put up with that. 

For the record I would also say that I don't think he would make a good manager. 

Maybe Big AL would get too starstruck and leave well alone plus Scholes being around would boost morale massively both on and off the field

Not to mention the positives it would bring in attracting players to the club and with his contacts and mates that might be crucial.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

You really do need to stop being so derogatory to your fellow posters Mr Kowenicki.

Doesn't matter if your opinion differs to other people it costs nothing to be nice ^_^

If I could upboat this more than once I would. 

The aggressive, confrontational nature of some posters, (Kowenicki being main but not sole culprit) on here is very unnecessary. 

(Before some comment I'm aware of my past history). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

If I could upboat this more than once I would. 

The aggressive, confrontational nature of some posters, (Kowenicki being main but not sole culprit) on here is very unnecessary. 

(Before some comment I'm aware of my past history). 

If you think I’m the main culprit then you really haven’t  been paying attention to some very obvious candidates. Or perhaps it’s because you rarely agree with what I say   🤔

Anyhow.   Yes, I am guilty of being occasionally confrontational, as are the majority here (including you). I would say I am very rarely aggressive and I would say I am very often dead pan and matter of fact... which can be misinterpreted.  It’s a forum, I’m not writing poetry or verse and it is ALL about opinions here... and not much else. 

Edited by kowenicki

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If you think I’m the main culprit then you really haven’t  been paying attention to some very obvious candidates. Or perhaps it’s because you rarely agree with what I say   🤔

Anyhow.   Yes, I am guilty of being occasionally confrontational, as are the majority here (including you). I would say I am very rarely aggressive and I would say I am very often dead pan and matter of fact... which can be misinterpreted.  It’s a forum, I’m not writing poetry or verse and it is ALL about opinions here... and not much else. 

I did initially post with a smile Kowie 😉 no need to justify yourself, we all do it.

difference being that i am usually right unlike you lot :angel:

I don’t comment on here much but a few thoughts on AL and ‘interference’. Just to put a few points out there...

1. It’s his club. It’s his money. Ultimately in this day and age, he has his say how his money is spent... not us. 

2. He was evidently unsatisfied and took swift action when we were we heading for the lower reaches of the table. Do we disagree with that?

3. He gave Bunn a strict points targets (judging by Bunn’s referees cost people their jobs comments) because his ambition for the season is promotion. Do we disagree?

4. He intervened on tactics and selection because we were playing one up top and the style was dull. Did we not agree? Was AL not proved right when results improved on the back of this intervention...?

5. Midtable. Acceptable? If we believe the story about high wages flying around (end of Wellens era)..., is that good enough? We’ve all commented on how poor most of the opposition teams we’ve seen are... Is it wrong to be viewing that as a failure, not a building block?

6. A 6-0 drubbing at Carlisle. Acceptable? Is it so wrong to treat that as more of a blip..., and instead a failure of the manager to motivate his players?

7. A number of ‘his signings’... But have they been that bad...? 

8. Giving manager’s time. Being patient doesn’t automatically create the next Joe Royle or Alex Ferguson. Vast majority of the time it doesn’t. He was patient with Wellens. We got relegated and Wellens and the players let us down. He wasn’t willing to risk the same thing happening again; he won’t tolerate mediocrity or low standards. That so bad...

9. ‘Bunn would have won 4-1 today as well...’ Really, would he? Of course we’ll never know. But at Notts County I saw a team that played the name and the ground and accepted a 0-0 in the closing stages... I wonder if we’d have settled for a ‘solid point’ at a ‘difficult place to go’ after Carlisle. Yes I’m stretching to harshly diss FB here but today it seems the team selection had better balance (full backs in particular), tactics, and the half-time team talk obviously worked well - and it was a youth coach and Clarke probably doing it... Just one game... but I, like many, thought the players might down tools today given their celebrations had suggested they backed Bunn so strongly and with both the transfer window coming up and the shop window (Fulham) coming up. 

Just putting throwing it out there...

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I’ve never confronted you or abused u! I down boat me and abuse me at every opportunity! To be fair it’s a recent thing! But I can’t be the first! 

15 minutes ago, IceStationLatic said:

I don’t comment on here much but a few thoughts on AL and ‘interference’. Just to put a few points out there...

1. It’s his club. It’s his money. Ultimately in this day and age, he has his say how his money is spent... not us. 

2. He was evidently unsatisfied and took swift action when we were we heading for the lower reaches of the table. Do we disagree with that?

3. He gave Bunn a strict points targets (judging by Bunn’s referees cost people their jobs comments) because his ambition for the season is promotion. Do we disagree?

4. He intervened on tactics and selection because we were playing one up top and the style was dull. Did we not agree? Was AL not proved right when results improved on the back of this intervention...?

5. Midtable. Acceptable? If we believe the story about high wages flying around (end of Wellens era)..., is that good enough? We’ve all commented on how poor most of the opposition teams we’ve seen are... Is it wrong to be viewing that as a failure, not a building block?

6. A 6-0 drubbing at Carlisle. Acceptable? Is it so wrong to treat that as more of a blip..., and instead a failure of the manager to motivate his players?

8. Giving manager’s time. Being patient doesn’t automatically create the next Joe Royle or Alex Ferguson. Vast majority of the time it doesn’t. He was patient with Wellens. We got relegated and Wellens and the players let us down. He wasn’t willing to risk the same thing happening again; he won’t tolerate mediocrity or low standards. That so bad...

9. ‘Bunn would have won 4-1 today as well...’ Really, would he? Of course we’ll never know. But at Notts County I saw a team that played the name and the ground and accepted a 0-0 in the closing stages... I wonder if we’d have settled for a ‘solid point’ at a ‘difficult place to go’ after Carlisle. Yes I’m stretching to harshly diss FB here but today it seems the team selection had better balance (full backs in particular), tactics, and the half-time team talk obviously worked well - and it was a youth coach and Clarke probably doing it... Just one game... but I, like many, thought the players might down tools today given their celebrations had suggested they backed Bunn so strongly and with both the transfer window coming up and the shop window (Fulham) coming up. 

Good post all true! Could argue a lot of your points either way, however they are fair

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Owners do tinker if they see their investment going the wrong way and you'd be the same, until he finds the right man he can trust then he'll be camped out in that dressing room 

Until he stays out of the dressing room and leaves his manager to do what he appoints him to do, manage, he'll never find the right man

Just read the thread and haven’t seen mention of it. Watched highlights on Quest tonight and at the end Colin Murray mentions Jacques Santini (had to read up on him) was at the game and his odds of being new manager had “tumbled.” Assumed he was talking about us not Vale. A friend of AL’s?

Out of interest his Wiki page reports most of his jobs ended prematurely because of various conflicts with superiors.

Don’t think I imagined it all although it has been a busy week... All the best to everyone and Latics for 2019 

1 hour ago, The Blue Alb said:

Just read the thread and haven’t seen mention of it. Watched highlights on Quest tonight and at the end Colin Murray mentions Jacques Santini (had to read up on him) was at the game and his odds of being new manager had “tumbled.” Assumed he was talking about us not Vale. A friend of AL’s?

Out of interest his Wiki page reports most of his jobs ended prematurely because of various conflicts with superiors.

Don’t think I imagined it all although it has been a busy week... All the best to everyone and Latics for 2019 

Santini will be scouting/reporting on Mo and Chris for la Liga.

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

And like 4 days ago when he was abysmal. 

It's the basement of the football league,a good player should perform consistently well do you not think?

They're all in the basement for a reason but some get on with it and don't down tools when the going gets tough.............they're the players who get the decent moves 

14 hours ago, IceStationLatic said:

Fair dos for throwing it out there, however..

- while, for this argument's sake, it is his club - there's ways of doing things.  It's not his job to interfere in team matters.  If his attitude is that because he owns it he can do as he pleases, then I can't see how we're ever going to be successful.

- I haven't heard him set any points targets or targets for the season.  I've heard him make vague reference to "getting out of the division as soon as possible", but that's about it.

- The 6-0 drubbing at Carlisle wasn't acceptable - but if he went into the dressing room after Exeter to communicate his displeasure and row with Bunn, he may very well have been partly responsible.

- Some of "his" signings have been good on many occasions this season.  However all of them contributed to our relegation last season.  As for paying the worst of the bunch inflated wages - I still don't know what all that was about...

Ibby and that twitter account that parrots his bullshit will be delighted with the Santini thing. BBC Manc ran with it, as did efl highlights show and also a few folk wasting some money on him at the bookies. 

Back to reality and if Askey has applied then we could do a lot, lot worse. Apparently likes to play decent football and has a record of building a successful team on a shoestring over time. 

Time might be a problem with our owner mind.