If Scholes really wanted the job I reckon he'd be in position by now.

It's a concern if we're trying to convince him to take it.  I wonder if media exposure if more the priority than getting the right man in place?

£300k would surely get us Grayson or Evans...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

If Scholes really wanted the job I reckon he'd be in position by now.

It's a concern if we're trying to convince him to take it.  I wonder if media exposure if more the priority than getting the right man in place?

£300k would surely get us Grayson or Evans...

Think we'd have pushed him for a answer before now if that were the case to be honest...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think we'd have pushed him for a answer before now if that were the case to be honest...

He'd be by far the biggest name we could get.  AL might think it's worth hanging on for an answer..

1 hour ago, ncookie9 said:

Surley this is only a problem if Scholes is seeking to retain his stake in Salford City. If he is, then matters could be reviewed further in the summer (should this become an issue) and Scholes should be offered a 6 month deal given his instance on this. I guess there is a reluctance on both sides for a 6 month deal and people are trying to have there cake and eat it , hence the issues for the FA and EFL (only my guess like).

That would certainly be a way forward, and let’s face it, he’ll probably be sacked in the summer anyway☺️

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

If he's not prepared to relinquish his 10% then do we really want to go down this route with Butt aswell owning 10% too.

It's pretty inevitable that with the backing Salford have they are going to be a football league team in the very near future do we want to be faced with the very realistic prospect of a critical game against Salford where promotion or relegation is on the line when we have the 1st team management owning 20% of the club we are directly competing against.

If they are willing to sacrifice their shares then obviously I'd happily take them but if not then we really should be looking elsewhere regardless of what the EFL or FA say.

What has Nicky but got to do with all this?

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Couple of weeks maybe but we first approached him in November.

And he was interviewed in September 2017 before Wellens was apoointed,  and AL was hanging around at that point, surely that was a question at the time.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Probably just wearing it to start a convo with a bloke or two. I know a girl who does this, great way of attracting length apparently. 

I can confirm this is true and have donated two Latics shirts to girls who do this. Apparantley the team is irelevent as the answer is that it’s their ex’s and they hate him. Any bloke who follows that up with another question about Football is a fuckin idiot!!

Filth.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Basing this on the hypothetical scenario of him becoming the assistant manager to Scholes both who own 10% of Salford a rumour that has been floated on here.

Thought that would be fairly obvious

The rumour seemed to be based on them having been seen together which is hardly surprising given they've been mates for most of their lives. 

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I can confirm this is true and have donated two Latics shirts to girls who do this. Apparantley the team is irelevent as the answer is that it’s their ex’s and they hate him. Any bloke who follows that up with another question about Football is a fuckin idiot!!

Filth.

And there was me thinking it was great when the Doris borrowed mine. Oh well she doesn’t go to the gym. I’ll ask her about it when she gets home. She’s had to work late tonight. She has some awful luck. Only yesterday her car broke down for 3 hours. Day before she slipped over in the youghurt aisle and was covered in the stuff. Poor girl. 😲

• Like 4

It’s touch and go that we’ll get Scholes....do you really believe Butt could be part of the deal too!

Just as a matter of interest if Scholes & Butt wanted to try their hand at management why didn’t they take the Salford job themselves instead of recruiting Alexander?

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s touch and go that we’ll get Scholes....do you really believe Butt could be part of the deal too!

Just as a matter of interest if Scholes & Butt wanted to try their hand at management why didn’t they take the Salford job themselves instead of recruiting Alexander?

Could be an awkward situation with your mates if it doesn't go well. Also, a fifth of your boss is Gary Neville.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wardie said:

Makes sense to me. I was never a fan of down voting. If you don't agree with, or dislike a comment, make a reasoned argument or response.

Made that exact same point last year......got  a number of stupid, unfunny comments thrown back at me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Could be there is only one club that Scholes would go into management for.....hence why, it appears, he's only ever applied for this gig.

9 hours ago, jsslatic said:

The exception people took to downboats was always entertaining. 

My favourites are the ones who revenge downboat by finding a historic post and randomly downboating that. 

Give the petty people what they want!

I’ve had that

when I downboated someone , on the same day they went back to a post I did about a month and downboated it

to be fair , it was a poor pun