2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

What;s that Twitter link say for those of us on work computers that blocks the link...?

"EXCLUSIVE: I’m told Paul Scholes has been cleared to take over as manager of Oldham Athletic and is expected to do so in the next 24 hours. Understand EFL happy for him to retain stake in Salford City even if they are promoted to League Two."

• Like 1

If I was a player who'd been done over betting on games they aren't directly involved in I'd be pretty miffed right about now. Especially so if it comes to pass that we meet Salford in direct competition whilst Scholes is in charge.

Still, glad the manager situation is looking like it'll be resolved soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stargazer said:

And the EFL has no issues with a prospective 2019/20 fixture of Oldham Athletic v Salford City .........................................

Salford need to win to stay up, Latics are safe. Scholes deliberately plays a weakened time by playing his best provider of assists at full back with several other full backs available. What does the EFL do?

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Salford need to win to stay up, Latics are safe. Scholes deliberately plays a weakened time by playing his best provider of assists at full back with several other full backs available. What does the EFL do?

Or how about Salford need a win to go up, Latics need a win to stay up... ? Imagine the conspiracy theories in that scenario.

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So lets see now if AL wants to give him the job OR does Scholes want the job? Both have run out of excuses now.

Surely this was the final stumbling block. Hard to believe that everything else hasn't been sorted. That was painful enough.

Just imagine a situation in which you allow a football agent to buy a 97% stake in a football club because he says I've passed my interest in the agency to a third party "allegedly" a relative and then you allow that club to take on a manager who holds a 10% share in a club likely to be in the same football league division next year because the manager says I don't really do anything for them.  Coach & Horses comes to mind.

Don't get me wrong Paul Scholes can only give Abdallah a wake up call when it comes to respective roles so I'm interested to see it happen.  He was the best footballer bar none in the position he played and hopefully some of that will rub off onto our players.

Edited by Hands on

3 minutes ago, stargazer said:

A season ending fixture between the clubs with some significant stake.......can't see other teams not expressing an opinion.

When and If...Lets leave that for the future. I am sure The EFL have already considered that scenario....which is When and if

32 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

29 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Or how about Salford need a win to go up, Latics need a win to stay up... ? Imagine the conspiracy theories in that scenario.

Scholes won't be manager past the end of the season if he's appointed.

• Like 1