1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Little point in doing it otherwise. Unless it is just an expensive way of shoring season ticket sales up in the summer...

I agree (with your first point) tbh. I’ve said before but for AL to be trigger happy again this time round would be financial suicide.

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I agree (with your first point) tbh. I’ve said before but for AL to be trigger happy again this time round would be financial suicide.

I get the sense he's not been impressed with the previous two and having Scholes about will play to his ego.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Witty said:

Lets hope Scholes in the stands tomorrow v Crawley and the lads turn it on for the new manager in waiting.

I would like to think that Scholes, has, been involved with first team training, even if it is only in an advisory role. And let’s hope he or Pete Wild (and not the chuckle brothers ) get to choose the team 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I get the sense he's not been impressed with the previous two and having Scholes about will play to his ego.

Perhaps  FB’s sacking had something to do with one of the players (allegedly) grabbing AL by the throat when he stormed in to the dressing room after the Exeter game .

2 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Perhaps  FB’s sacking had something to do with one of the players (allegedly) grabbing AL by the throat when he stormed in to the dressing room after the Exeter game .

Sure it didn't help but they'd approached Scholes before that around November.

36 minutes ago, mad4it said:

If this is indeed true.....then it's being kept under wraps very well. I can't see it somehow as there would a case for instant dismissal without recourse and, quite possibly, a court case. It all sounds bollox to me but I don't have an informed source.

• Like 1

It’s happening, just been confirmed on Granada reports that the league have decided that scholes part ownership of Salford is not a conflict of interest to him becoming Oldham manager. Likely to be announced over the weekend.

Edited by meat pie sausage roll
  • Like 1