5 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The appointment of Scholes is a positive for many reasons,lets see how he goes.The icing on the cake would be that his presence encourages outside investment and gets AL and his brother out of our club (and takes Barry Owen with him)

Do you not accept that it is because of AL that Scholes will be our next manager? He has allegedly used his contacts to finance Scholes coming in and if AL is not there, would that finance also NOT be there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Unless the 2 new loanees can contrive to score a shit load of goals between them I can't see us going anywhere. 

We need a left back playing in the left back position and some fucker who can cross a ball getting the the said article into the box. The teams in this division are shite and if we can get at them we should start accumulating points. 

Bury are a team that score goals for fun and it has put them in the mix, this season has seen us hit new lows let's go out and try and demolish the opposition, I am getting to the point where I don't think I can take much more. 

So Taylor playing LB and Nepo (one of the highest league assists at one point) playing on the wing...

44 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Do you not accept that it is because of AL that Scholes will be our next manager? He has allegedly used his contacts to finance Scholes coming in and if AL is not there, would that finance also NOT be there?

Trying to work out how much of that is actually proven fact, making a fair few assumptions there.

Scholes’ assistant is going to be Mick Priest..

Priest, from Oldham, was an academy coach at United during Scholes’s time at Old Trafford and has previously had a spell as first-team coach at Fulham. He was also assistant manager of Israeli side Maccabi Haifa and assistant coach at Norwegian outfit IK Start..

from daily mail

12 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Scholes’ assistant is going to be Mick Priest..

Priest, from Oldham, was an academy coach at United during Scholes’s time at Old Trafford and has previously had a spell as first-team coach at Fulham. He was also assistant manager of Israeli side Maccabi Haifa and assistant coach at Norwegian outfit IK Start..

from daily mail

He was also a youth team coach at Latics

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Of course there are a number of assumptions but please tell me, if you don't agree, where I'm wide of the mark?

I wouldn't know to be honest, I normally hear some rumblings coming out of the club but can honestly say I haven't heard a thing about projected salaries and wouldn't just assume he's on 300k because Eyresy posted it on here a week or two ago.

I have no doubt that Scholes has sought assurances and rightly so but I can't see AL proving he had 300k in the bank to pay him as being one of them. 

Finally if AL has managed to bring in Scholes I tip my hat off to him, other than a few bellends who are happy to have a picture taken with Andy Ritchie yet won't accept Scholes the appointment is as good as we could of wished for, his appointment should project the club in only one way and the positives for me far out weigh the negatives, I just hope and pray that AL and ML respect what he's trying to do and don't shoot themselves in the foot by interfering where they won't be needed.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

£2.5m wage bill according to the report.... 

If that's on players we are having our pants pulled down by someone because other than probably Clarke and a couple of homegrown kids who won't be on much more than a grand a week the only standout players we've had this season are loanees.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

If that's on players we are having our pants pulled down by someone because other than probably Clarke and a couple of homegrown kids who won't be on much more than a grand a week the only standout players we've had this season are loanees.

And Nepo and Maouche and Missile.

And COG's stepover dragbacks

9 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

Believe me, marra, I'm not expecting that. The consensus of this board's opinion still seems to consider us gatecrashing that top 7 to be realistic. What I've quoted, barring one run of form, is unlikely to happen.

I think it would be unfair to expect it.

Which is fair enough but what I'm saying is if we (Well the players atleast) just think about the next game and just getting 3 points from it and then doing the same game after game then we might find we exceed expectations.

If Scholes is serious about being a manager long term here or anywhereelse then he should be trying to install a winning mentality at the club. No downing tools and throwing the kids in we should try and win as many games as possible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I reckon big Urko will be on a decent wedge but £2.5m sounds ridiculously high...

Edited by Ryan

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Very excited about the appointment 

but...

It’s a disgrace that the EFL are allowing him to keep his shares in Salford.

It really is, I was fully expecting te EFL to say that he could keep them for now but if Salford are promoted he’d have to relinquish them

Just now, ghostofcecere said:

It really is, I was fully expecting te EFL to say that he could keep them for now but if Salford are promoted he’d have to relinquish them

Honestly don’t want to bring a negative vibe to this thread because this is a massive coup for Latics but this will seriously bring the integrity of the game into disrepute when we’re inevitably in the same division.

I’m praying we don’t play Salford at the business end of the season because I know that if this farcical situation was happening at another club and the result between them and Salford prevented Latics staying up/getting promotion on the last day of the season I would be livid.

Hypocrisy of the highest order by the EFL this, PlayItLivo made a great point earlier about the betting rules...

35 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I was hoping that Salford would be forced to hand back all investment , forced to merge with FCUM , and the new club be docked 10 pts (each season). 

• Like 4