29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

All very fair points and Ince has let himself down badly the last week on more than one occasion. Always had a chip on his shoulder and like you say has never had an affinity with anyone but himself.

What’s that bellend Ince been saying exactly and where ? Missed this. 

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What’s that bellend Ince been saying exactly and where ? Missed this. 

He wrote a very well thought out piece about how Solskjaer has turned United round but got slaughtered for it because the press picked one bit of it out of context and it was lapped up on social media by people who hadn't actually read it.  There's a thing,

Just now, Dave_Og said:

He wrote a very well thought out piece about how Solskjaer has turned United round but got slaughtered for it because the press picked one bit of it out of context and it was lapped up on social media by people who hadn't actually read it.  There's a thing,

Did you see him on BT sport last week having the piss taken out of him because he claimed he'd of won ten on the bounce had he gone in to Man Utd when Solskjaer did.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Did you see him on BT sport last week having the piss taken out of him because he claimed he'd of won ten on the bounce had he gone in to Man Utd when Solskjaer did.

No I didn't but I did read the article rather than just relying on a soundbite.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

No I didn't but I did read the article rather than just relying on a soundbite.

I watched the programme, he came across as a bitter bellend, ironically he slates Scholes but started his managerial career at bottom of League 2 Macclesfield Town.

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

BTW - Paul Ince, you can shove your opinions up your arse. You started at Macclesfield, i believe, but you have a pop at Oldham for being too small for Scholes. Your problem is you're a bit thick and a very selfish individual who doesn't understand what it's like to actually support a club. No loyalty ever in your entire career. No wonder West Ham fans hate you. You're an idiot. 

I watched games in back-to-back seasons in which we were directly responsible for getting Ince sacked.

Both were very satisfying. 

Scholes might or might not be too big for us, but Ince is definitely too shit for management and definitely not good enough for us.

• Like 1

Genuine question. 

What’s people’s gut feel on wether he’s cut out for management? 

I hope he inspire’s the players, gets them playing nice football. An tells the chairman to do one. 

I fear that very quickly, he’ll think/realise his personality isn’t enough to deal with the shitstorm of managing us. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Genuine question. 

I hope he inspire’s the players, gets them playing nice football. An tells the chairman to do one. 

I fear that very quickly, he’ll think/realise his personality isn’t enough to deal with the shitstorm of managing us. 

It won’t just be him though. He was lots, and i mean lots of contacts in the footballing world. He will give it his all i’m sure of it. I really hope he succeeds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It won’t just be him though. He was lots, and i mean lots of contacts in the footballing world. He will give it his all i’m sure of it. I really hope he succeeds.

This for me, one of his biggest contributions might be his ability to attract a player we may not of had a chance with previously, he is pretty straight talking but fair in my opinion and I don't see him losing the dressing room like our last gazillion managers seem to have done, I really hope it's a turning point for our club and the start of a new era.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Genuine question. 

He seems a bit too laid back for it, to be honest.  I can't imagine him handing out a bollocking and, with this lot, he'll need to.  The right assistant might address the balance, though.

He might have contacts, but then we said the same about Dickov.

Happy to be proven wrong.

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Am I right in saying there is no mention of any press conference on the official club site?

It is pretty standard that a press release to media is provided, but not announced, allowing them to attend get their story ready. We've had a habit of announcing an announcement though, but I don't believe it is common, others may confirm.

23 minutes ago, Hands on said:

We can all rest easy in the knowledge that this tread will run for at least another 11 pages.

I would have thought the press conference at 2 this afternoon would be made available live for all to see.

I think we're all tyred of this epic saga now.