1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Fuck me. Move on from 1990.

I’m 39 only caught the end of the glory years! I agree the past is the past, but you can’t dismiss the glory years! It’s prob why your a fan, if not your dad lived those years! I can’t deny them kig come on!

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t have U bp old , but reflecting on my extending age! U must be in your 50s?

Never ask an owtb member their age. 

They are full of stories about glory years and Alan Young. Do it at your peril

The sad thing is that sol has waited years to have a shot and done ok at macc! He comes here, it is the poison chalice. Not like England when u have a hope! Here it’s currently game

over no matter what! I remember when George burley was hearts manger ! Top of the league! Flying , prob would have broken the rangers Celtic spell! What happend ? Sacked and One of the two won it ! Crazy owner ended it !

3 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I know with no you get Johnstone! But I respect that! Even tho my memories are religation o will recall Bernard and Jobson! We talk about Tuesday nights , but championship season I recall Ian omydroyd, literally every Tuesday banging a header in ! Or Clyde winyard every weekend scoring ! Not true memories but so enjoyable  

15 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

The team of 1990 1992 far better than Huddersfield Cardiff and Fulham today and better than Leeds villa Norwich Sheff und who going up  

!

Even tho I saw the end

of that team totally agree! That team was put together  without real competition or wages that we couldn’t meet, which todayis a pipe dream.Can u imagine Everton, half decent got a bit of potential or even spurs a very strong team two  game cup finals and fa cup seminfinals a League cup final

Edited by latics22

7 hours ago, True Tic said:

Marshall started at centre half then Royle moved him up front where he belonged

Joe preferred to have in defence, but when Marshall returned to BP with Ipswich and scored, he ran up the wing to point out to Joe Royle that he was a striker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Alan Young hat trick against Leicester City night match one of my earliest memories.Chaos all round... Sure they came in and bought him after that?

1 hour ago, Gawbie said:

Alan Young hat trick against Leicester City night match one of my earliest memories.Chaos all round... Sure they came in and bought him after that?

He once  got off a 409 bus, boots in hands and  

walked down Sheepfoot Lane with me to a first team match he was playing in. 

Edited by BP1960

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He once  got off a 409 bus, boots in hands and  

walked down Sheepfoot Lane with me to a first team match he was playing in. 

He lived in digs on Higginshaw Lane, Heyside near my works. Used to see him in the mornings quite often walking to training.

Remember being absolutely gutted when he left for Leicester!

Wasn’t he one of the first players to leave a club by ‘freedom of contract’ or something?

Edited by oafc1955

While we’re historically hopeless at guessing a next manager and even more so at guessing what AL will do next  - what about a French manager we have never heard of, signing a bunch of French players we don’t know. But he does.

Could be a way forward. 

17 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

While we’re historically hopeless at guessing a next manager and even more so at guessing what AL will do next  - what about a French manager we have never heard of, signing a bunch of French players we don’t know. But he does.

Could be a way forward. 

I just hope we don't hire anyone who has an affinity to Latics this time.  If we're going to sack a manager within 6 months I'd rather that they aren't likeable.

Finally Steve Evans has become an option I'd consider!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I just hope we don't hire anyone who has an affinity to Latics this time.  If we're going to sack a manager within 6 months I'd rather that they aren't likeable.

Beggars can't be choosers as options become increasingly limited 

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I would always consider Steve Evans an option, despite his panto villain reputation.

In terms of reputation hes better than anyone we've had for years.

Working for our chairman though? nah

Working for our chairman though? nah

Seemingly Its not ideal for anyone to work with AL. IMO, if the next manager leaves double quick, then owner or not, I think AL’s position here would become untenable!

He has to get this next appointment right otherwise fans will turn against him in a big way.