I’d be happy with Sol.

Has a lot of contacts, like Scholes.

Had a great playing career that should command respect and attract players & sponsors, like Scholes.

Has no chance of curbing the Lemmys, like Scholes.

Has management experience in the league that we’re in, which is a step up on Scholes.

If folks were reasonably happy about Scholes being appointed, they should feel the same about Sol, with the added reassurance that he understands the league and can work with difficult financial constraints.

37 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Neil Redfearn on Twitter today. Just a coincidence that he’d post it now? 

Erm excuse my language...

I FUCKING love Neil Redfearn. 

My first true hero as a kid. 

Anyway can can we stop harking back to the best times in our clubs history and get back to talking about repossession of a  kettle or summat. 

Anyone who who cracks out the ‘living in the past’ bollox was not there that day. If you were and that’s how you feel your a wanker really. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

It wouldn’t be a surprise......

Preston, Everton, Man U, Real Sociedad, Sunderland, West Ham.....???Oldham????

yeah....see where you’re coming from😂

Championship, Prem, Prem, La Liga, Prem, Prem, L2

Last 683/728 in top flight.

9 hours ago, Boys in Blue said:

I’d be happy with Sol.

Has a lot of contacts, like Scholes.

Had a great playing career that should command respect and attract players & sponsors, like Scholes.

Has no chance of curbing the Lemmys, like Scholes.

Has management experience in the league that we’re in, which is a step up on Scholes.

If folks were reasonably happy about Scholes being appointed, they should feel the same about Sol, with the added reassurance that he understands the league and can work with difficult financial constraints.

I’m still not sure but I reckon we could do a lot worse. 

Its hard to to work out of his 26% win ratio with Macc is good, bad or what. 

11 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Erm excuse my language...

I FUCKING love Neil Redfearn. 

My first true hero as a kid. 

Anyway can can we stop harking back to the best times in our clubs history and get back to talking about repossession of a  kettle or summat. 

Anyone who who cracks out the ‘living in the past’ bollox was not there that day. If you were and that’s how you feel your a wanker really. 

Probably a similar age. I was 8 and sat behind the hoardings in the Chaddy (as I always did). A memory that will live with me forever and probably the main reason I've still a love for the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I’m still not sure but I reckon we could do a lot worse. 

Its hard to to work out of his 26% win ratio with Macc is good, bad or what. 

We'd be safely bottom half of the table again.

I'd we'd have looked at appointing Sol a year ago, I'd have thought it was a laughable appointment. A year later and a good job done at Macc, it's probably a bit of a coup (in terms of where we're at). He's a bit of an oddball but we could do worse. 

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

I'd we'd have looked at appointing Sol a year ago, I'd have thought it was a laughable appointment. A year later and a good job done at Macc, it's probably a bit of a coup (in terms of where we're at). He's a bit of an oddball but we could do worse. 

Like Lee Clark or Kenny Shjels !

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m sure one of the nerds can work out their ratio before BGS

Obviously it was a lot worse.

I'm still unsure whether 26% is any good given how poor this league was and the fact he had (I believe) some decent players at his disposal....

Of the three names mentioned firmly he's the one I'd prefer though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

I was pissing myself when they took him on but, like you, gave him credit where it's due once it was clear he was doing ok one way or another..