4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

This is the first season l’ve ever been calm. I’m honest hoping he goes full on continental and l will turn up from tbe start home n away and back the lads back the gaffer, get on it proper enjoy my days. Really hope it works cos it’s gona be a shit storm if it doesn’t and l’ll be arguing with people until like february cos l’m Mr Fuckin Positive and l really cba.

Get Maouche on board get a solid champ CDM on the slide play a 3 built round him and two from SolidchampCDM, Missile, Sylla and one more.

Get an actual striker with Nepo and The Johan Branger either side.

A whole British back four and two imports.

Hope Bridges aren’t burnt somewhere for a prem kid keeper. Maybe that chap who played one match.

That’s it that’s all we need 🙄.

#walktheague

Love your optimism/ blind faith/desperation 

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

This is the first season l’ve ever been calm. I’m honest hoping he goes full on continental and l will turn up from tbe start home n away and back the lads back the gaffer, get on it proper enjoy my days. Really hope it works cos it’s gona be a shit storm if it doesn’t and l’ll be arguing with people until like february cos l’m Mr Fuckin Positive and l really cba.

Get Maouche on board get a solid champ CDM on the slide play a 3 built round him and two from SolidchampCDM, Missile, Sylla and one more. 

Get an actual striker with Nepo and The Johan Branger either side. -

A whole British back four and two imports.

Hope Bridges aren’t burnt somewhere for a prem kid keeper. Maybe that chap who played one match.

That’s it that’s all we need 🙄.

#walktheague

So basically the same as last season without Lang then? Im in

We have been here before with Corney waiting and waiting in the hope players will take less money.

I thought we had an option on Mouse but have offered him less money to stay on hence the delay.

Having said he will not sign players until he has a head coach I'm not surprised he is delaying finding somebody.

The odds for relegation and promotion suggest we will finish 15th.  Looking optimistic as time drags by.

12 minutes ago, Hands on said:

We have been here before with Corney waiting and waiting in the hope players will take less money.

I thought we had an option on Mouse but have offered him less money to stay on hence the delay.

Having said he will not sign players until he has a head coach I'm not surprised he is delaying finding somebody.

The odds for relegation and promotion suggest we will finish 15th.  Looking optimistic as time drags by.

How many players have been signed by rival clubs?

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How many players have been signed by rival clubs?

There have been about 28 signings made by League 2 clubs other than us so far since the window has opened from what i can see. Just answering the question by the way i don't know if that's a lot or not for this stage of the window.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Well Northampton have signed 6 so 22 signings for the other 23 clubs equates to not a lot!

And we account for one of them so to coin a popular phrase from last season, bang average. 

21 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Are they allowed to interview 3 BAME and no white? 

Really is stupid... If your good enough, no one gives a sh*t what colour you are... Same as players.. 

Lancashire Police just lost a court case over using ‘positive discrimination’ when a white male didn’t get a job when he was more qualified than BAME applicants. 

Edited by adamoafc

28 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Are they allowed to interview 3 BAME and no white? 

Really is stupid... If your good enough, no one gives a sh*t what colour you are... Same as players.. 

That’s how it should be. However it isn’t. 

The lack of BAME managers isn’t down to lack of a talent. It’s down to unconscious racism. How else is there so little representation- black people can’ t coach??? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think it’s terrific, and it will hopefully lead to BAME coaches and managers being the norm, rather than the very rare exception. 

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s how it should be. However it isn’t. 

The lack of BAME managers isn’t down to lack of a talent. It’s down to unconscious racism. How else is there so little representation- black people can’ t coach??? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think it’s terrific, and it will hopefully lead to BAME coaches and managers being the norm, rather than the very rare exception. 

This is true and their is a case for doing something you are only required to interview one BAME candidate so you are not going to be forced to give one a job. We have a huge number of BAME players but not enough go into coaching and management.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Absolutely ridiculous rule

Yep - but we live in a very strange country - just look at Labour's "gender balance framework" within their ranks - absolute load of horse shite. Forget about the best person for the job - went out the window years ago in many spheres.

We have a media (and many institutions) littered with left wing idealists - witness the massive campaign on the ground to get the "Muslim voters" out to vote for Labour in the Peterborough by election (it worked). The UK is a scary place at the moment - and I`d say the anti-semitic lefties are the scariest of the lot. 

If you're a racist you won't give the job to the coloured fella. It's that simple. Being forced to interview someone based on their skin colour, not their ability, is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I'll stick my neck out here and say Sol Campbell struggling to get a job was far more to do with him being a fucking mentalist than being black. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If you're a racist you won't give the job to the coloured fella. It's that simple. Being forced to interview someone based on their skin colour, not their ability, is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I'll stick my neck out here and say Sol Campbell struggling to get a job was far more to do with him being a fucking mentalist than being black. 

Not helping your point by use of the word “coloured” there given its South African apartheid connotations. Not that you’ll care like.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Not helping your point by use of the word “coloured” there given its South African apartheid connotations. Not that you’ll care like.

Unfortunately, that is still rife in Australia. It doesn't make it any easier when a lot of my customers are managed by South Africans who are still of that mindset.