19 hours ago, IceStationLatic said:

I don’t comment on here much but a few thoughts on AL and ‘interference’. Just to put a few points out there...

1. It’s his club. It’s his money. Ultimately in this day and age, he has his say how his money is spent... not us. 

2. He was evidently unsatisfied and took swift action when we were we heading for the lower reaches of the table. Do we disagree with that?

3. He gave Bunn a strict points targets (judging by Bunn’s referees cost people their jobs comments) because his ambition for the season is promotion. Do we disagree?

4. He intervened on tactics and selection because we were playing one up top and the style was dull. Did we not agree? Was AL not proved right when results improved on the back of this intervention...?

5. Midtable. Acceptable? If we believe the story about high wages flying around (end of Wellens era)..., is that good enough? We’ve all commented on how poor most of the opposition teams we’ve seen are... Is it wrong to be viewing that as a failure, not a building block?

6. A 6-0 drubbing at Carlisle. Acceptable? Is it so wrong to treat that as more of a blip..., and instead a failure of the manager to motivate his players?

7. A number of ‘his signings’... But have they been that bad...? 

8. Giving manager’s time. Being patient doesn’t automatically create the next Joe Royle or Alex Ferguson. Vast majority of the time it doesn’t. He was patient with Wellens. We got relegated and Wellens and the players let us down. He wasn’t willing to risk the same thing happening again; he won’t tolerate mediocrity or low standards. That so bad...

9. ‘Bunn would have won 4-1 today as well...’ Really, would he? Of course we’ll never know. But at Notts County I saw a team that played the name and the ground and accepted a 0-0 in the closing stages... I wonder if we’d have settled for a ‘solid point’ at a ‘difficult place to go’ after Carlisle. Yes I’m stretching to harshly diss FB here but today it seems the team selection had better balance (full backs in particular), tactics, and the half-time team talk obviously worked well - and it was a youth coach and Clarke probably doing it... Just one game... but I, like many, thought the players might down tools today given their celebrations had suggested they backed Bunn so strongly and with both the transfer window coming up and the shop window (Fulham) coming up. 

Just putting throwing it out there...

Sorry I can't upboat you because I've used up my allowance for the day but that's just how I see it, the owner was on the back foot straight after relegation and I'd put my house on him expecting a swift return or else.

It doesn't bode well for any of us but the players need to make sure they try to make the play-offs or better, any money made for the club no matter how small benefits all, I think it's achievable so let's get this done!

18 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Sorry I can't upboat you because I've used up my allowance for the day but that's just how I see it, the owner was on the back foot straight after relegation and I'd put my house on him expecting a swift return or else.

It doesn't bode well for any of us but the players need to make sure they try to make the play-offs or better, any money made for the club no matter how small benefits all, I think it's achievable so let's get this done!

If he wanted promotion then perhaps hacking the wage bill the way he did wasn't the smartest move...

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If he wanted promotion then perhaps hacking the wage bill the way he did wasn't the smartest move...

You have to cut your cloth accordingly, wait till Brexit mate when you go from fillet steak to beans on toast 😉

22 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe and it’s only a maybe- have you ever had a slack boss who lets you get away with murder ? Well maybe that was SC. So AL comes in with high expectations and the workforce don’t like it ? They have to pull their fingers out so kick off and leak bs that should it even be true should stay in-house. And just to clarify I’m 100% against him going on changing rooms (if true)

Like I said, AL has made some good calls. 

Sacking Wellens was the right call. 

Getting rid of the ‘characters’ I agree with. 

I also thing your bang on with Corney, I think he liked being mates with them all. I get the sense AL doesn’t give a toss and just wants results, which is a good thing IMO. 

I dont even mind if he’s gone in the dressing room after Carlisle. I do have an issue if he went in after Exeter. 

But he’s a total contradiction. 

One minute, he’s slashing the wage bill, and doing interviews saying- ‘we need to get more for our money’ and he wants to build the club slowly slowly- ok fine. 

So he appoints a rookie manager, with a reduced wage bill. Then gets upset and sacks him when he’s not achieved what he wants- ie top 6. That’s totally deluded. 

Is it slowly slowly

or 

quickly quickly? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Like I said, AL has made some good calls. 

Sacking Wellens was the right call. 

Getting rid of the ‘characters’ I agree with. 

I also thing your bang on with Corney, I think he liked being mates with them all. I get the sense AL doesn’t give a toss and just wants results, which is a good thing IMO. 

I dont even mind if he’s gone in the dressing room after Carlisle. I do have an issue if he went in after Exeter. 

But he’s a total contradiction. 

One minute, he’s slashing the wage bill, and doing interviews saying- ‘we need to get more for our money’ and he wants to build the club slowly slowly- ok fine. 

So he appoints a rookie manager, with a reduced wage bill. Then gets upset and sacks him when he’s not achieved what he wants- ie top 6. That’s totally deluded. 

Is it slowly slowly

or 

quickly quickly? 

I think it's as far as his money will stretch and it all comes down to that.

As said, he wasn't expecting to be in League Two when the bought the club and the lost revenue from games against the likes of Sunderland are a far cry from what were seeing 

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

As said, he wasn't expecting to be in League Two when the bought the club and the lost revenue from games against the likes of Sunderland are a far cry from what were seeing 

How do you mean- ‘it’s as far as his money stretches?’ 

Maybe he didn’t expect to be in league two, so he’s had to cut his cloth.   No problem. 

So why sack rookie who’s doing ok with a reduced wage bill? 

Sacking him brings additional cost.  Is AL skint or not? 

He’s acting like he’s thrown loads of money at this season, and Bunn has really underachieved. . . But he hasn’t. The squad is threadbare, and lacks quality. 

His own ‘plan’ is very contradictory. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Maybe he didn’t expect to be in league two, so he’s had to cut his cloth.   No problem. 

He’s acting like he’s thrown loads of money at this season, and Bunn has really underachieved. . . But he hasn’t. The squad is threadbare, and lacks quality. 

Only A.L knows how far he can carry on with this flight of fancy, none of us have a bloody clue.

Yes he's dropped a few clangers but overall the man should be given a medal for taking it on in the first place and because of that decision you still have a club to support 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Your opinion might be 'ok' ....mine is 'less than satisfactory...see me'.

The squad is not threadbare......it was just poorly managed under Bunn.

10 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Only A.L knows how far he can carry on with this flight of fancy, none of us have a bloody clue.

Yes he's dropped a few clangers but overall the man should be given a medal for taking it on in the first place and because of that decision you still have a club to support 

What are you talking about? 

‘I have a club to support’

Whats that got to do with anything I’ve said? 

He doesn’t deserve a medal. He’s a grown man, who chose to spend his money. Good luck to him. If no one comes forward- we fold. Sad, but there’s far more important things in life than latics. 

Back on topic.

Im talking specifically about one minute he wants to build slowly. Then next he’s sacking his manger after one awful result. Which is it?

Slow progression. 

Or 

Knee jerk reaction.

It would just be nice if he didn’t come out with load of talk, then make decsions to contrary. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What are you talking about? 

‘I have a club to support’

Whats that got to do with anything I’ve said? 

He doesn’t deserve a medal. He’s a grown man, who chose to spend his money. Good luck to him. If no one comes forward- we fold. Sad, but there’s far more important things in life than latics. 

Back on topic.

Im talking specifically about one minute he wants to build slowly. Then next he’s sacking his manger after one awful result. Which is it?

Slow progression. 

Or 

Knee jerk reaction.

It would just be nice if he didn’t come out with load of talk, then make decsions to contrary. 

I'll stick to what I've said and be damned for it 😒

You only have a club to support because of A.L and he's the one holding all the aces END OF

15 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Your opinion might be 'ok' ....mine is 'less than satisfactory...see me'.

The squad is not threadbare......it was just poorly managed under Bunn.

What do you expect at the start of the season Mike? 

Who in the squad makes you think they’re underperforming? 

Id say, we’re getting the best from them the majority of the time. Their best is currently 11th. 

Bunn and AL said themselves the days of big spending are over. AL said he wants more for his money. It’s common knowledge we have reduced budget, and lower EFL contributions. Do you think we have top 3 budget? A top 7 budget? I don’t and the squad proves it. 

We are two injuries from playing kids, how can the squad be anything but threadbare- by that I mean 14/15 you could rely on. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Id say, we’re getting the best from them the majority of the time. Their best is currently 11th. 

Bunn and AL said themselves the days of big spending are over. AL said he wants more for his money. It’s common knowledge we have reduced budget, and lower EFL contributions. Do you think we have top 3 budget? A top 7 budget? I don’t and the squad proves it. 

We are two injuries from playing kids, how can the squad be anything but threadbare- by that I mean 14/15 you could rely on. 

The players have shown they can go from Jekyll to Hyde within a few days and there's the worry, some need to have a good look at themselves and if they don't then it's time to F-off somewhere else

40 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Did you deliberately leave spaces between line for a response?

I expect players and management to be competent and professional. I think the players have done so but been badly managed.

Answered in previous point. 

They were generally crap when it was Bunn & Rhodes. Performances picked up considerably when Wragg stepped up. The constant being Bunn whose management style would not have changed so therefore Wragg made the difference and I believe did not get the credit he deserved. 

Bunn and AL said themselves the days of big spending are over. AL said he wants more for his money. It’s common knowledge we have reduced budget, and lower EFL contributions. Do you think we have top 3 budget? A top 7 budget? I don’t and the squad proves it. The squad does not prove it. What it proved from yesterday's performance compared to games against bottom division teams that with the right organisation and tactics, we can play attractive football.

We are two injuries from playing kids, how can the squad be anything but threadbare- by that I mean 14/15 you could rely on. How big should the squad be in this division? And how should a squad budget be divvied up. A bigger squad to cover every eventuality or smaller with more quality?

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

No, the spaces make it easier for me to read what I’ve written. 😁

Fair enough, you don’t rate Bunn. 

But your convienantly not answering the main point. What should the expectation of any manager be this season- given that it’s common knowledge we have a reduced budget? 

Did you/do you expect promotion on a reduced budget? 

5 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

He might not have expected it but he must have had a fair inkling it could happen. We've diced with relegation for the last few years and he immediately pissed off the guy who'd saved us for the two previous seasons by bringing in a load of players behind his back, and ultimately sacking him. Relegation can 't have come as that much of a shock as we we were hardly been pushing for promotion for the last few years.