44 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

We are talking about valuable items here-its not like lending somebody a drill you know. They have to be looked after treated correctly, insured etc. They are used to Premiership conditions of work and pay.

No shit.

Playing for Oldham in L2 (jokes aside) under the guidance of possibly one of your heroes, isn’t akin to making jumpers in Taiwan for 20p an hour either. 

Their money won’t be any less, but the football will be more of a challenge than what they are used to.

9 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I once attended a meeting at the Civic Centre with a colleague - non Oldhamer ardent red. He went into reception and asked why the mayoral car had a reg of ABU - they’re absolutely paranoid. 

BU used to signify registered in the Oldham area.

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

No shit.

Playing for Oldham in L2 (jokes aside) under the guidance of possibly one of your heroes, isn’t akin to making jumpers in Taiwan for 20p an hour either. 

Their money won’t be any less, but the football will be more of a challenge than what they are used to.

I think we’re all counting our chickens here before they’ve hatched , it was suggested that the new manager would be announced after the MK game, yet here we are still left in the dark !

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

BU used to signify registered in the Oldham area.

It's embarrassing to admit, but over here in Ireland when I was a kid me and my dad used to beep the car horn and wave any time we saw a BU reg car... sometimes I still do!

No doubt people thought we were completely mad. 

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

128 pages after LJ left and Kelly was appointed in May. I dont think we'll hit those heights unless the Scholes deal somehow falls through.

This soap opera has overtaken the playing side with considerable ease.

Talking to a guy I know who is close friends with Bunn and Pete Wild today,  says the last straw for Bunn was when he walked into his office and AL and his bro where in there talking tactics and positioning on a board and telling FB the team selection and formation, according to the guy I know Bunn lost his rag and walked.

Also AL lost his rag with Simon Wood, smashed up the kitchen in the OEC and sacked him on the spot with the new media girl.

He says the same is happening to Wild and he has had enough.

The guy I know is out with FB this weekend, asked him to find out about Rhodes!!

Make of it what you will - I have no doubt what he is telling me is correct.

4 minutes ago, Greenfield Latic said:

Talking to a guy I know who is close friends with Bunn and Pete Wild today,  says the last straw for Bunn was when he walked into his office and AL and his bro where in there talking tactics and positioning on a board and telling FB the team selection and formation, according to the guy I know Bunn lost his rag and walked.

Also AL lost his rag with Simon Wood, smashed up the kitchen in the OEC and sacked him on the spot with the new media girl.

The guy I know is out with FB this weekend, asked him to find out about Rhodes!!

Nothing surprises me anymore

4 minutes ago, Greenfield Latic said:

were fucked if this is true