32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If no manager is appointed by the weekend and the sides not strengthened significantly then that's me for the season, morally I can't support a guy with an agenda like AL's, happy to be proved wrong in the next day or two but as I did with Corney I smell a rat here and in my opinion this could get a whole lot worse if this guy thinks he continue to run the club the way it is.

Morally? Eh? 

Nobody knows his agenda do they? I sure as hell have no clue. 

36 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Good post above Mids...

Thanks Mr S.  I’m not shooting the messenger here because you’ve been quite accurate via your contacts in the past and I always look out for your posts with interest.  

Your contacts were certain that Scholes was signed and nailed on for this week ahead of the transfer window shutting.  Obviously they were misled.  Uncertain who they are but it appears even those ITK aren’t ITK any longer.

Be it BT or Salford City - these would have been known ages ago...perhaps even when he was interviewed the last time.  If I was keen to get into management, I would have checked whether my current commitments posed a conflict of interest months ago.  I would expect the same from my prospective employer.

That said; these things don’t take weeks.  A call from either or both parties to the EFL will answer this in seconds.  Once known, the Salford divestment or transferral of shares takes days - could have been resolved when then involved Beckham.  Also do you honestly think Scholes wouldn’t have a break clause with BT if he’s that keen to be a manager?  Equally would BT stand in his way?

All a smoke screen.  Either Scholes wants the job or he doesn’t and knows what he needs to do to secure it if it’s been offered to him.  My gut feel is that the delay is down to AL trying to find the funds hence why he flew out to Dubai and also why Blitz is hovering around.  AL is potless and the issue is having to hand over asset ownership within the club - player sales ie Edmundson - to fund Scholes or AL trying to fund it himself by trying to offload players.

My biggest concern here now isn’t a manager but ALs ability to keep us solvent.  He’s avoiding the Trust even more than Corney did.  Why is Blitz keen to meet the Trust when AL isnt?  What has Blitz got to gain from this meeting?  Simple question from me - “do you see the club, as sitting tenants, an opportunity or a hindrance in your plans?  If the former, are you prepared to invest into/takeover the club so the two can develop?”

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Morally? Eh? 

Nobody knows his agenda do they? I sure as hell have no clue. 

So because he keeps it all cloak and dagger we should give him the benefit of the doubt? Sorry but we suffered enough of that bullshit at the hands of Corney for years and had to bow down to the apologists, there is not a chance I will spend one more penny with the club the way we are operating and I reckon he's making a huge mistake behaving the way he is.

We can bury our heads in the sand if you like but there is a consistent theme emanating from the club and there hasn't really been any denial of this.

Edited by yarddog73

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So because he keeps it all cloak and dagger we should give him the benefit of the doubt? Sorry but we suffered enough of that bullshit at the hands of Corney for years and had to bow down to the apologists, there is not a chance I will spend one more penny with the club they way we are operating and I reckon he's making a huge mistake behaving the way he is.

We can bury our heads in the sand if you like but there is a consistent theme emanating from the club and there hasn't really been any denial of this.

I can empathise with you on not attending games . 

as i’ve got a season ticket I will be going, but if was a POTDer I would be thinking of not going 

never seen it like this before 

Edited by stevesidg

If it’s feb appoint someone now, AL can then sack them in time for Scholes. Get the next sacking out of his system in times for Scholes. On a serious note, if it doesn’t happen today, Scholes “signings” if there are any! Still HAVE to come today or we are going no where. Scholes coming in with this squad and doing badly  until summer is a nightmare scenario!

Edited by latics22

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

If it’s feb appoint someone now, AL can then sack them in time for Scholes. Get the next sacking out of his system in times for Scholes. On a serious note, if it doesn’t happen today, Scholes “signings” if there are any! Still HAVE to come today or we are going know where. Scholes coming in with this squad and doing badly  until summer is a nightmare scenario!

5 signings made in this window, how many more do you want?

7 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It’s a good point... I think we can write this season off for certain. 

If (and it’s a big if) Scholes is his left to his own devices over the summer then hopefully we can see us flourish next season.

However, I have absolutely no faith in the leadership at the club and i do fear that the long term future of the club is at severe risk.

If Scholes is appointed in Feb, I'd say that there's a big chance he'd be gone by the summer.

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So you are happy with the current squad? So say surridge came available, you would say nar we have strengthened, let’s leave it at that shall we...

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

If Scholes is appointed in Feb, I'd say that there's a big chance he'd be gone by the summer.

Defo

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I still can't figure out why he would want the job,surely Bunn must have put him straight.It's a hiding to nothing.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

5 signings made in this window, how many more do you want?

Who are the five anyway? All we have done is brought players back or replaced players who have left with substandard replacements we need to strengthen, not tread water or worse! Sink to the bottom!

43 minutes ago, another fan said:

Just my opinion but the FA should concentrate on basic matters like improving the dire standard of referees that grace our leagues first

Or tightening the fit and proper test for directors, to ensure they arent taken over by clowns.

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Who are the five anyway? All we have done is brought players back or replaced players who have left with substandard replacements we need to strengthen, not tread water or worse! Sink to the bottom!

Think the idea that you can have Scholes and a massive budget for players is not based in reality.

36 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

My biggest concern here now isn’t a manager but ALs ability to keep us solvent.  He’s avoiding the Trust even more than Corney did.  

Him avoiding meeting the Trust doesn't necessarily say anything.

I generally don't do things that I don't want to do. It's good. 

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So because he keeps it all cloak and dagger we should give him the benefit of the doubt? Sorry but we suffered enough of that bullshit at the hands of Corney for years and had to bow down to the apologists, there is not a chance I will spend one more penny with the club the way we are operating and I reckon he's making a huge mistake behaving the way he is.

You said you couldn't support his agenda - my point was that nobody knows what it is!  Seems pretty clear that he doesn't have one to me - it's just random madness from where I'm sitting.  Didn't understand what morals had to do with the price of fish.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Thanks Mr S.  I’m not shooting the messenger here because you’ve been quite accurate via your contacts in the past and I always look out for your posts with interest.  

Your contacts were certain that Scholes was signed and nailed on for this week ahead of the transfer window shutting.  Obviously they were misled.  Uncertain who they are but it appears even those ITK aren’t ITK any longer.

I am still under the impression it is agreed between us and Scholes.

Again, just my opinion, but I reckon the EFL are watching us like a hawk and are asking where the money has come from. The Salford/BT issue doesn't wash with me - surely Scholes would have known this ages ago...