10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am still under the impression it is agreed between us and Scholes.

Again, just my opinion, but I reckon the EFL are watching us like a hawk and are asking where the money has come from. The Salford/BT issue doesn't wash with me - surely Scholes would have known this ages ago...

Be interesting if they don't sanction it.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It makes no sense that he 'must' give up media work as loads of on in job managers do it. 

Or the Salford shares, a quick transfer is all that's needed.

Edited by BP1960

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think the idea that you can have Scholes and a massive budget for players is not based in reality.

There won’t be a massive budget for players I agree, but the idea that’s scholes would come in and just he happy to work with the foreign legion is also not based on reality.

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

There won’t be a massive budget for players I agree, but the idea that’s scholes would come in and just he happy to work with the foreign legion is also not based on reality.

Of course but I think it will be the summer window before we see what the intentions are.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If no manager is appointed by the weekend and the sides not strengthened significantly then that's me for the season, morally I can't support a guy with an agenda like AL's, happy to be proved wrong in the next day or two but as I did with Corney I smell a rat here and in my opinion this could get a whole lot worse if this guy thinks he continue to run the club the way it is.

Pretty much where I’m at with all this.

All this seems to suggest that we may be nudging ever closer to the following scenario :

(1)  come 16.00 ish this afternoon, big Scholes announcement with four or five new signings stood behind management all sporting blue shirts, or

(2) absolute silence on the manager front, denoting end of the Scholes  saga, and if we are really lucky, or unlucky depending on your point of view, a couple of French lads standing there, wondering which suburb of Paris Oldham is.

No way am I a Corney apologist but I met the bloke a few times and everytime he appeared genuine in his quest for OAFC to succeed.  I don’t mean a passing hello but a decent, sit-down, chat.  How he managed to fund signings was obviously questionable and perhaps he did bankrupt the club to do it.  However, unless the Trust can evidence to the contrary, we only have Lemsagams word of just how bad it was and how much Lemsagam has had to invest to turn it around.  Is this fact and documented?

My issue is that I’m fast starting to distrust Lemsagam more than I ever did Corney... at least you didn’t have mass unrest amongst players, players training with the youth team because they fell out with the owner.  

Simon Jordan is up his own arse most of the time but he learned the lesson very quickly that you don’t interfere with the team selection or tactics and never venture into the changing room. 

Re Lemsagam; There’s no assurances of his wealth or ability to meet commitments, no indication of where the money is coming from, no board to challenge the owner, everyone but Lemsagam questioning his interference and unsettling of the club.  This takeover was supposed to strengthen our future not wreck it - if Blitz was involved in this sale and now talking to the Trust then is he taking any accountability?

Just now, fleetwood Blue said:

Scholes still needs to clear all his baggage at Salford and BT sport, i expect Wild to get the job until the end of the season..Thus meaning AL will effectively be picking the team for another few months yet..

He might have two relegations on his CV, this could be his his last managers job.....

52 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Kowpat dismissed the idea of lawyers being involved when I suggested they might be...

Here he goes rewriting history again.  You suggested lawyers of Scholes would be demanding proof of funds for his employment contract. That will not be happening, you are wrong. Again. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

If my maths are right then the squad is bigger than it was at the start of the month.

But not stronger

surridge out and Vera in 👎

lyden out and Sylla in 👎

sefli in and straight out on loan 

liacovitti in , unknown at the moment 

think i’m missing one?

14 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

But not stronger

surridge out and Vera in 👎

lyden out and Sylla in 👎

sefli in and straight out on loan 

liacovitti in , unknown at the moment 

think i’m missing one?

Forgot about Miller so ignore me on that.

Yes, hard to argue that we are stronger but let's see what happens today.

Edited by deyres42