3 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

But not stronger

surridge out and Vera in 👎

lyden out and Sylla in 👎

sefli in and straight out on loan 

liacovitti in , unknown at the moment 

think i’m missing one?

Stott returns from a loan spell at Stockport, but Graham and Miller have also left.

12 hours ago, Midsblue said:

So there are still massive uncertainties over Scholes actually becoming manager.  If this is true how come some on here said it’s signed and sealed?!

This puts paid to him helping us secure any decent players on loan before tomorrow’s deadline....unless he joins in a coaching capacity or is that still a breach?  Yes he could help even if there’s risk of him not managing but would those players join us if AL remains picking the team whilst we secure Scholes.

The bloke didn’t conduct due diligence when buying the club and now done the same with Scholes, which led to this managerial appointment dragging on for weeks.

The more I’m reading on this bloke, the more I’m inclined to agree with his critics that he’s potless, a chancer and will ultimately be the final nail in our coffin.  This is a bloke who’s screwed up the recruitment process whilst the transfer windows open, putting to an end the strengthening desperately needed, supposedly interfering with player selection and refusing to play or select some players again.  The last two points he promised in the media he wouldn’t repeat.

He’s avoided a meeting with the Trust and hasn’t exactly chased for this to be rescheduled hence them meeting our ex-owners/landlords instead.  Is his openness to the Trust and fans purely lip service with recruitment now very much on his terms, alongside selection, to advertise his players on the market? Perhaps he has more of an interest in this than merely being  their employer?

If Jim White references Scholes and us tomorrow, perhaps we message his show and ask Simon Jordan his opinion ... he was firmly in the camp that owners do not interfere and stay away from selection and recruitment.  If nobody’s signed tomorrow and the managerial position drags on then we vote with our feet and boycott matches?

Boycott matches.Oh that will really help.Sometimes things have to be kept quiet until the right moment.Unfortunately a lot of Latics fans do not possess any patience so they start rumours which don't help anybody-stop listening to gossip-most of it is made up.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Purely speculating here, but I wonder of the EFL are asking serious questions about where the money has come from to get him...

I’m busy at work but maybe someone can email the EFL and tell them about our unexpected Cup run with decent prize money, gate income and three televised fixture fees.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Spot on Mids. 

If people want to look past everything you’ve put,  (Which a fair few do) then it’s blind hope. Which actually is to be admired, because without those folk we would be non league already. However it doesn’t cushion the fact we are going one way and isn’t up. 

I still can’t get my head around why Scholes would take the job. We have a very average squad, no money, no back room staff, no board, and an egomaniac for an owner. People keep saying ‘we don’t know his wealth’ Well I’d say our squad and late wages tells you a lot about his bank account. Even if you had affinity with the club though, and you had been living on Mars, one conversation with Bunn would put you in the picture. 

The whole club is a circus. It’s really sad. 

And this board isn't a circus.There are some clowns on here.

1 minute ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Kowenicki and I have had some disagreements on here, mainly political, but he’s right on this. The idea that offering somebody a job is subject to due diligence to establish proof of funds is ridiculous. 

No more ridiculous than some of the reasons being suggested but thanks for your input.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

So because he keeps it all cloak and dagger we should give him the benefit of the doubt? Sorry but we suffered enough of that bullshit at the hands of Corney for years and had to bow down to the apologists, there is not a chance I will spend one more penny with the club the way we are operating and I reckon he's making a huge mistake behaving the way he is.

We can bury our heads in the sand if you like but there is a consistent theme emanating from the club and there hasn't really been any denial of this.

So you prefer to make it up rather than wait for the truth.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

There won’t be a massive budget for players I agree, but the idea that’s scholes would come in and just he happy to work with the foreign legion is also not based on reality.

Why wouldn't he want to work with the foreign legion as you call it.

27 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

Boycott matches.Oh that will really help.Sometimes things have to be kept quiet until the right moment.Unfortunately a lot of Latics fans do not possess any patience so they start rumours which don't help anybody-stop listening to gossip-most of it is made up.

I would say a lot of Latics fans have shown extreme amounts of patience. 

11 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Infinitely more therapeutic than constantly repeating yourself to someone who doesn’t have the intellectual capacity to realise they are talking bollocks. 

"Don't worry about all those other commitments and interests you've got Paul, we're good for the money, honest" 😂😂😂😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Instead of fighting with each other we really should be joining forces against the ownership...

What does that mean? I suspect you have a less detailed plan than the owner does. 

Edited by Dave_Og