13 minutes ago, Graham Scott said:

Scholes. Something happening on Thursday. And the 2 young strikers we have just got, will be with us next season also. So i was told by 'someone' at the club, yesterday. 

Very kind of that someone to entrust this information with you Graham :D and thank you for sharing it with us :chubb:

12 minutes ago, Graham Scott said:

Scholes. Something happening on Thursday. And the 2 young strikers we have just got, will be with us next season also. So i was told by 'someone' at the club, yesterday. 

Excellent. Saves me a few sleepless nights not having to look until Friday morning. 

Although Thursday night will be like Christmas Eve as a five year old.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Very kind of that someone to entrust this information with you Graham :D and thank you for sharing it with us :chubb:

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Excellent. Saves me a few sleepless nights not having to look until Friday morning. 

Although Thursday night will be like Christmas Eve as a five year old.

Press conference round Graham’s gaff 10am Thursday 

On Sky Sports:

''Oldham Athletic may know more later this week if Paul Scholes will be able to become their manager whilst retaining part ownership in National League side Salford City. 

Sky sources understand the issue will be looked at by the games authorities before the weekend but it’s not clear if a decision will be made by then.

EFL rules state that a person cannot have an interest in two Clubs at the same time, rule 104 states that  “Except with the prior written consent of the Board a person, or any associate of that person, who is interested in a Club cannot at the same time be interested in any other football club”.

It’s believed Scholes does not want to relinquish his involvement in Salford City, however the matter would not be an issue unless the National League side were promoted to the Football League in May, and with both sides already out of this seasons FA Cup it would only become an issue in next season’s competition''

46 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

Askey has been appointed Port Vale manager.

The type of manager who, in normal circumstances, I'd have been happy with for us to give a chance to prove himself.

Hopefully Scholes will be confirmed ASAP, but if for whatever reason he doesn't who would be the other potential managers for us?

33 minutes ago, robboman said:

On Sky Sports:

''Oldham Athletic may know more later this week if Paul Scholes will be able to become their manager whilst retaining part ownership in National League side Salford City. 

Sky sources understand the issue will be looked at by the games authorities before the weekend but it’s not clear if a decision will be made by then.

EFL rules state that a person cannot have an interest in two Clubs at the same time, rule 104 states that  “Except with the prior written consent of the Board a person, or any associate of that person, who is interested in a Club cannot at the same time be interested in any other football club”.

It’s believed Scholes does not want to relinquish his involvement in Salford City, however the matter would not be an issue unless the National League side were promoted to the Football League in May, and with both sides already out of this seasons FA Cup it would only become an issue in next season’s competition''

So Scholes probably thinks Salford won’t get promotion or we’ll get relegated 

I  had a thought that he could sit in the stands if next season we met, similar to if he was sent off or banned. But then imagine it's the last game of the season. and whoever wins goes up, condemming the other to the play off, but a draw takes both up. Can you imagine the other club(s) involved. Or we need to win to get prmoted, but lose to Salford the fans would turn. The only way round it I can see is if the fixtures were pre set so that we did not meet at the business end of the season and I cannot see that exception being made.
I really hope it can be sorted, despire the reservatiosn, it feels the advantages significantly outweigh the disadvantages.

I don’t see this being allowed to happen. He needs to give up his shares in Salford. This is a thought but don’t know if legally could be done. Couldn’t he just sell his 10% to Neville and have a gentlemen’s agreement between themselves ? 

If he was then to leave us for whatever reason he just simply takes his 10% back ? 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I don’t see this being allowed to happen. He needs to give up his shares in Salford. This is a thought but don’t know if legally could be done. Couldn’t he just sell his 10% to Neville and have a gentlemen’s agreement between themselves ? 

If he was then to leave us for whatever reason he just simply takes his 10% back ? 

Can't see this being a major problem, as you say it just needs a Gentleman;s agreement to circumvent the rules.......but can you trust a red ????

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

16 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Can't see this being a major problem, as you say it just needs a Gentleman;s agreement to circumvent the rules.......but can you trust a red ????

I am sure that would be obvious, easily traceable, and they could step in, and retrospectively ban him.

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Whose to say he didn't just sell his shares and then buy them back at an appropriate time ?? It happens all the time.

Well yes, but it would update at Companies House and everyone could see who he sold them too. If it was one of the other existing owners, and there was a major conflicts of interest (like my scenario before) , then other clubs could potentially sue us. The suing precendent has happened, with the Tevez affair, that cost West Ham £5.5m, that could be us.

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Well yes, but it would update at Companies House and everyone could see who he sold them too. If it was one of the other existing owners, and there was a major conflicts of interest (like my scenario before) , then other clubs could potentially sue us. The suing precendent has happened, with the Tevez affair, that cost West Ham £5.5m, that could be us.

Still don't see what's to stop him selling his shares and then re-buying them at a later date. Surely the problem is actually owning/having an interest in another club at any point in time ?

6 minutes ago, singe said:

It shouldn't matter who he sold his shares to. Once they are sold he no longer has an interest legally. When he buys them back at the latest price, then he has an interest  again.

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Still don't see what's to stop him selling his shares and then re-buying them at a later date. Surely the problem is actually owning/having an interest in another club at any point in time ?

I think that will be the outcome that enables to get Scholes, but what I mean is there is still the chance that he could "influence" the others or they do as he asks, so still a risk of being sued. It might have to be a bit more than that to satisfy them. Hopefully selling them is enough.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It shouldn't matter who he sold his shares to. Once they are sold he no longer has an interest legally. When he buys them back at the latest price, then he has an interest  again.

The reason I am highlighting it, is that the EFL rules (not the law) stiplulates influence. It speficailyl states it cannot be another member of the family, or someone he has influence with. Any half decent lawayer could prove that Scholes still had influence with the others.

I hope not, but it might be why it is taking a bit longer. Was it Butt or Neville that said they hoped something could be worked out. Might not be straightforward.

Just now, singe said:

The reason I am highlighting it, is that the EFL rules (not the law) stiplulates influence. It speficailyl states it cannot be another member of the family, or someone he has influence with. Any half decent lawayer could prove that Scholes still had influence with the others.

I hope not, but it might be why it is taking a bit longer. Was it Butt or Neville that said they hoped something could be worked out. Might not be straightforward.

That sounds like Hotel California.

If he sells the shares outside his family then the FA cannot reasonably have any issue with it. 

2 hours ago, robboman said:

On Sky Sports:

If he has no interest in selling his shares then in Salford City then surely that's game over interms of him becoming our manager.

If he has no interest in relinquishing his shares in Salford then Lemsagam should withdraw any offer of him becoming mamager if he has any common  sense..... Oh wait!