Sign in to follow this  
JoeP

F.C Oldham Athletic

On 12/29/2018 at 8:25 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

As far as I can see ,the wages after a couple of unacceptable late payments are now paid on time ? This was apparently happening often in SC times , yet he never seemed to be called out half as much as AL. I just see this thread as a bit pointless tbf Joe. Nothing against it , just strange timing ? I don’t personally feel we are as much in the shit as we were under SC. I’m wary of AL too but will be interested to see who we appoint and what investment* in the playing side we get in January. 

*If any

FIFY

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Here’s hoping. 

I'm just hoping it's all been smoke and  mirrors.

I am very worried there does not appear to be a replacement lined up.

26 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Should be looking into this.

In this case, I would use that currently hated phrase, slowly, slowly!

We live in a town whose populace is somewhat indifferent to its football club. Having a stadium/ground is crucial. If you think it isn't, just have a look at what happened to Oldham rugby once they lost their ground (and I used to stand at Watersheddings with the other 4 or 5,000 supporters - that's now 4 or 500).

So, it's an option, for sure but deffo one for the back burner.

In reality, at present, the number one priority is quite simply to :-

1) Ascertain the owner's intentions/thoughts - i.e. is he open to "going" following the latest shitstorm of his making?

The answer to that then dictates future actions e.g. is he willing to sell the club, can we tie up the purchase of the club with the land/stand etc. in order to simplify matters going forward. This needs some proper co-ordination, hence my constant pleas to the Trust. Once they arrange a meeting for fans, things may become clearer.

As I think people have said on here below, noises are that it wouldn't take much cash to get AL out - whether the consortium buying the stadium have enough for both, and to keep us as a going concern is another matter? Or maybe they're waiting for us to be put into admin first - that'd hurt a lot more people than just AL though, so they might not want to wait for it.