Port Vale (A)

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is that a serious fucking question, we're Oldham Athletic, he wouldn't get a managers job in the Conference North if he applied for one, what makes you think he should be anywhere near our first team? Nice lad and a fan aren't qualifications for managing our club even on a temporary basis.

Mourinho was Bobby Robson's interpreter in Portugal and Wenger youth team coach at lower league Strasbourg.

Both non descript players.

You can't always tell from backgrounds how a person will do.

Some of the greatest names in football have been total flops s managers.

Lets see what happens.

Edited by BP1960

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is that a serious fucking question, we're Oldham Athletic, he wouldn't get a managers job in the Conference North if he applied for one, what makes you think he should be anywhere near our first team? Nice lad and a fan aren't qualifications for managing our club even on a temporary basis.

He'd be as qualified if not more so than say Peter Clarke or O'Grady wouldn't he? Would imagine someone will be in place by Fulham.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How would you have reacted had Clarke got it? 

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He is a UEFA A licence coach, he knows all the players and is about all we have left in terms of coaching staff. I can't imagine for one minute he will either get the job full time or even want it, but, as someone holding the fort for the time being, I would say he is the most suitably qualified person for it...

18 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He is a UEFA A licence coach, he knows all the players and is about all we have left in terms of coaching staff. I can't imagine for one minute he will either get the job full time or even want it, but, as someone holding the fort for the time being, I would say he is the most suitably qualified person for it...

That and he’s your source of information... 😂

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Who? Wild? Yes I am. He’s coached. 

Do you know that Clarke hasn't?  Plenty of pros of his sort of age will have been involved at some level if they have any intention of coaching long term

Edited by Dave_Og

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What are you on about?  It was a purely factual answer.  If you read it that way then that’s on you. 

And there it is again!  You said earlier he was better qualified because he has coached with the obvious implication that Clarke hasn't - but we don't know that

Edited by Dave_Og

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And there it is again!  You said earlier he was better qualified because he has coached with the obvious implication that Clarke hasn't - but we don't know that

You want me to argue against something we don’t know?  Right. 

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe I'd settle for not being utterly definitive about things that are unknown?

OK.  Clarke might have had some coaching lessons.  Wild has a UEFA badge.  

Not sure how that moves us forward at all. Wild is a better option than Clarke on what we know. 

33 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

OK.  Clarke might have had some coaching lessons.  Wild has a UEFA badge.  

Not sure how that moves us forward at all. Wild is a better option than Clarke on what we know. 

its not the fact he has a badge vs not having a badge. its how a bunch of pro players will react to whose in charge. clarke would surely get a better respone. imagine being a player and being dropped by wild or told to do something you dont agree with. he may be right but will he be able to get that from the team. im not sure. as a min clarke or another senior player should be involved and the club should not be putting wild in this position. im sure he'll love it whatever happnes as anyone one of us would getting chance to manage a league game but club are hardly helping him. bad move for me and senior player should have taken team

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

its not the fact he has a badge vs not having a badge. its how a bunch of pro players will react to whose in charge. clarke would surely get a better respone. imagine being a player and being dropped by wild or told to do something you dont agree with. he may be right but will he be able to get that from the team. im not sure. as a min clarke or another senior player should be involved and the club should not be putting wild in this position. im sure he'll love it whatever happnes as anyone one of us would getting chance to manage a league game but club are hardly helping him. bad move for me and senior player should have taken team

I doubt he will be in charge for more than 1 or 2 games.

Anyhow, the players should respond in a professional way.  Bit tired of a bunch of lower league pro footballers constantly being given excuses to misbehave or not perform.  Who do they think they are? 

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

But there's only one candidate in that category isn't there? - and he's busy playing...

Just now, Dave_Og said:

But there's only one candidate in that category isn't there? - and he's busy playing...

yeah prob but id imagine clarke getting up infront of the team and laying out the tactics or getting stuck into people at half time would still go down better than wild doing it. i would pay a fortune to be in that dressing room before game and at ht to see what happens.

17 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Wasnt Nigel Adkins the physio at Scunny before taking over as manager?