Port Vale (A)

Thought he came across really well, when he must have been nervous having only had the job for 10 minutes. I wish him and the team well and just hope they put on a performance that sends everyone home happy. Apart from the Port Vale fans, that is.

As an aside, I know Wild is a pretty common name around those parts but, as he's from Royton, I wonder if he had a relative in the early 60s called Norman that lived on Highbarn Road between the golf club and Shaw Road. If so, my Dad played golf with said Norman. Now there's some useless information.

12 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Thought he came across really well, when he must have been nervous having only had the job for 10 minutes. I wish him and the team well and just hope they put on a performance that sends everyone home happy. Apart from the Port Vale fans, that is.

As an aside, I know Wild is a pretty common name around those parts but, as he's from Royton, I wonder if he had a relative in the early 60s called Norman that lived on Highbarn Road between the golf club and Shaw Road. If so, my Dad played golf with said Norman. Now there's some useless information.

Similarly I wonder if he is related to some Wild brothers I played with in Townfield Youth Club football team back in the 60s.

1 hour ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Similarly I wonder if he is related to some Wild brothers I played with in Townfield Youth Club football team back in the 60s.

A bit off  topic but I wonder if that Matt Smith is related to a girl I went to primary school with. Also Mike Jones could have been connected to my geography teacher. Weird. Small world. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

A bit off  topic but I wonder if that Matt Smith is related to a girl I went to primary school with. Also Mike Jones could have been connected to my geography teacher. Weird. Small world. 

I was talking about coincidences like this when I bumped into my old mate from Fitton Hill, Mike Weslowski (I think he also had a role in Monsters Inc).

16 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Good luck to the guy, nothing to lose and clearly he cares for the club.

My team would be:

Iverson

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Hunt

Lyden

Lang

Maouche

Missilou

Nepomuceno

Surridge

Sit back, soak up pressure, hit them on the break with pace and energy.

Not a bad call Bosh, looks more solid

15 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

Good luck to the lad. I would expect nothing short of complete commitment from the players, in dedication to Bunn and to our supporters who had to watch their Boxing Day Hunt impersonation. 

Perhaps their dedication to Bunn would have been better demonstrated at Carlisle!

18 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

My team would be:

Iverson

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Hunt

Lyden

Lang

Maouche

Missilou

Nepomuceno

Surridge

I quite like this too. 

19 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

My team would be:

Iverson

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Hunt

Lyden

Lang

Maouche

Missilou

Nepomuceno

Surridge

That would be my line up well. Lyden protects the back four where we're lacking in pace. Just don't hoof it up to Surridge; he needs it on the ground to run on to and use his pace.

The only tweak to that could be Hunt to RB and Taylor in at LB so there's a natural left footer for a bit more balance to add to the left side with Nepomuceno.

If we need to go two up top and the midfield is going ok, then move Lyden up and bring on O'Grady/Miller to support Surridge. Or shove Lang up front and go 4-1-3-2.

I have a feeling we've seen the last of Surridge, but if that's O'Grady up front on his own, we will struggle.

Three kids on the bench including the 15 year old Williams. Down to the bare bones, so PW obviously didn't have much to pick from.

Nice to see De La Paz back; at least that's decent cover for Iversen.

Edited by Bristolatic