Getting away from the gloom for a few minutes...

As many of you will be aware, we have organised a boat from Tower Bridge to Fulham for the cup game.

Full details can be found on the event's Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/events/2258930561019433/?ti=cl

There are still a few tickets available if you are interested. 

It's £15 each and there will be a DJ and bar on board. We leave Tower Bridge at noon and will be at Putney for 1pm. You can board the boat from 11.45 but I believe they can't start serving until we leave. 

There should be plenty of time to make it if you are on the 8.05 or 8.20 train from Piccadilly.

Dave Thomas is doing the organising and his details can be found on the link if you have Facebook. If not, he will try to respond to people on this thread.

It should be a great way to get to the game and we'll make sure the DJ knows what's required to get us in the mood.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd have thought some Leonard Cohen would be quite appropriate....

I've never agreed with the common myth that Leonard's depressing.

You got me singing - could be a Latics supporters anrthem.

"You got me singing,Even tho’ the news is bad"

"You got me singing, Even tho’ it all looks grim!"

4 hours ago, Latics and England said:

As many of you will be aware, we have organised a boat from Tower Bridge to Fulham for the cup game.

Full details can be found on the event's Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/events/2258930561019433/?ti=cl

It's £15 each and there will be a DJ and bar on board. We leave Tower Bridge at noon and will be at Putney for 1pm. You can board the boat from 11.45 but I believe they can't start serving until we leave. 

There should be plenty of time to make it if you are on the 8.05 or 8.20 train from Piccadilly.

Dave Thomas is doing the organising and his details can be found on the link if you have Facebook. If not, he will try to respond to people on this thread.

It should be a great way to get to the game and we'll make sure the DJ knows what's required to get us in the mood.

I would be interested and probably my son Mark too - but the link did not work for me.

Do I need to be in a facebook group to get access?

5 hours ago, Latics and England said:

Four of us up for it, not on faceache though. 

2 hours ago, rumour said:

How do you book for this do you just turn up at tower bridge on the day o

Hi mate, I've just PM'd you.  It's payment to me via paypal/bank transfer in advance to secure tickets please so we can make sure we keep numbers tracked as the boat has strict capacity.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Latics and England said:

The boat is now full. Many thanks to everyone who has booked. 

120 Latics fans floating down the Thames should be a great sight.

We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

They will be in a boat right? All sorts of images going through my mind......

Many thanks to everyone who has booked on the boat. We are now completely full so it should be a great day.

A couple of housekeeping points:

1.       We have been told that they have a strict policy that only booze purchased on board can be consumed onboard

2.       This is a boat on the Thames. I know it goes without saying but absolutely no pyro please.

Other than that, I hope you all have a fantastic day. If you want to put flags up that shouldn’t be a problem and the bar will be open as soon as we depart the pier.

We need to leave Tower Pier at 12.00 sharp so please ensure you are there in plenty of time. If you are on a train into Euston, the nearest underground to the pier is Tower Hill which you can get to direct from Euston Sq on the circle line. Alternatively, if you get the Northern Line from Euston to Bank/Monument it should only be a 15 minute walk from there.

For those of you getting there early there is the Liberty Bounds Wetherspoons and an All Bar One on Byward St which are open from 8am and 9am respectively. Both are only a 5 minute walk away from the pier.

See you on Sunday

Edited by Latics and England

3 hours ago, Latics and England said:

Many thanks to everyone who has booked on the boat. We are now completely full so it should be a great day.

A couple of housekeeping points:

1.       We have been told that they have a strict policy that only booze purchased on board can be consumed onboard

2.       This is a boat on the Thames. I know it goes without saying but absolutely no pyro please.

Other than that, I hope you all have a fantastic day. If you want to put flags up that shouldn’t be a problem and the bar will be open as soon as we depart the pier.

We need to leave Tower Pier at 12.00 sharp so please ensure you are there in plenty of time. If you are on a train into Euston, the nearest underground to the pier is Tower Hill which you can get to direct from Euston Sq on the circle line. Alternatively, if you get the Northern Line from Euston to Bank/Monument it should only be a 15 minute walk from there.

For those of you getting there early there is the Liberty Bounds Wetherspoons and an All Bar One on Byward St which are open from 8am and 9am respectively. Both are only a 5 minute walk away from the pier.

See you on Sunday

Do u own the boat? Or have links?