Pete Wild

I have to say, even putting aside a great win,  having listened to Pete Wild pre match and particularly post match, I am really impressed with this lad. Really impressed. 

He may not get the job, he probably won’t, but what a great character and bright enthusiastic bloke to have about the place. 

He speaks honestly and with more insight, sense and passion than most (if not all) of the managers and coaches of OAFC that I’ve had to listen to in the last 5 years.  

Well done Pete.  Youth is in good hands with this fella. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I have to say, even putting aside a great win,  having listened to Pete Wild pre match and particularly post match, I am really impressed with this lad. Really impressed. 

He may not get the job, he probably won’t, but what a great character and bright enthusiastic bloke to have about the place. 

He speaks honestly and with more insight, sense and passion than most (if not all) of the managers and coaches of OAFC that I’ve had to listen to in the last 5 years.  

Well done Pete.  Youth is in good hands with this fella. 

Well done Pete, u will have your number one fan here if anyone says anything negative about you, he will be all over you! Anything positive he’s your worst enemy. He’s Maouche agent or lover you are next 😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Ps is black black? I think black is red? Conversation ?!?

I think some of the comments calling him a raffle winner were a tad disrespectful. He's fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and if today was the only game he'll ever manage in the pro game then it's something he can always look back on fondly. Hopefully it inspires him work his way up the coaching ladder and become the best he can be, wherever it takes him. 

Fair play to the bloke, I'm chuffed for him today. It must have been a daunting task for him today, not just only to gain the fans respect, but to manage a host of seasoned pros who might have been sceptical of this guy's ability to take charge for the day. I'm glad they put a shift in for him.

Edited by PlayItLivo

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Well done Pete, u will have your number one fan here if anyone says anything negative about you, he will be all over you! Anything positive he’s your worst enemy. He’s Maouche agent or lover you are next 😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

You been drinking?  

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Oh shut up you insufferable bore.

Loved his reaction to the first goal going in (didnt clock him for the rest). Jumped around all over the technical area, fists pumping. Pretty much as you'd expect to see any of us do.

I know some managers celebrate like this time to time but knowing he's one of us, it was nice and refreshing to see! 

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Back on topic... do any of the ITK lads know if  Pete Wild been involved with the first team up to this point or just the junior sides? 

He was usually sat in the main stand directors box on first team match days.