Pete Wild

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Should Pete Wild remain incharge for the remainder of this season, why would you take a chance of halting this momentum now?

Going off his comments I think he's going to go down the TP route and stay in charge of the youth due to better job security.

Smart man.

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Should Pete Wild remain incharge for the remainder of this season, why would you take a chance of halting this momentum now?

He should carry on as manager with a cast iron guarantee that if it all goes pear shaped his job with the youth is safe.

4 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

He should carry on as manager with a cast iron guarantee that if it all goes pear shaped his job with the youth is safe.

But who manages the youth /academy in the meantime and what happens to them in that scenario? 

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I think him returning to the academy soon, coupled with the right first team manager, can be a real boost for the club in the long run.

The new first team man needs to be interested in our youth set up.

l want Paul Scholes to be given the job.

That would be my choice too...if he wants it it’s a no brainier. The club’s profile would get a massive boost, media interest would soar and it just might get a few of our lapsed fans back onside.

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Going off his comments I think he's going to go down the TP route and stay in charge of the youth due to better job security.

Pete Wild is listed as Interim Academy Manager on the Contact Us page of the official website, so giving him that job on a permanent basis would be a promotion. 

2 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I’m sure Pete’s a smart man. 

And as such he’ll know that recent weeks are a glittering gem on his CV that’ll be most useful in the future, be it with us or elsewhere. And taking full charge of Latics now wouldn’t be a good move. 

Think that’s what l meant

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I think him returning to the academy soon, coupled with the right first team manager, can be a real boost for the club in the long run.

The new first team man needs to be interested in our youth set up.

l want Paul Scholes to be given the job.

Paul Scholes would want a guarantee that he has a very good budget. He wouldn't risk it otherwise.

7 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I’m sure Pete’s a smart man. 

And as such he’ll know that recent weeks are a glittering gem on his CV that’ll be most useful in the future, be it with us or elsewhere. And taking full charge of Latics now wouldn’t be a good move. 

This.  

Pete has done very well, for his sake and his family and mortgage he should not take the manager job.  A few predictable poor results and his achievmets of the past 10 days will be forgotten.  Managers jobs these days are for ex players with plenty of dosh so they can take the hit of being fired at the owners/fans will.  In this day and age, It's not a job really, it's a hobby for the well healed.

• Like 2

Pete Wild seems like a really well grounded likeable guy, and has been so impressive in the media these last few days.

I just don’t think this is his time, but certainly he’s one the club should be looking to prepare for the managers job down the line though. From the outside, it looks like he has a fairly stable role within the acedemy (and look how many years TP got out of that role) it may not be the best move for him to risk just a potential 6 months in the top job, only to find himself out of work with a young family at the end of the season.

Again I may be well wide of the mark, but I would image the team has been run almost by committee by coaches and senior players this last few weeks with Wild at the top of the tree, maybe there’s a way to continue along these lines with someone coming in with a Director of Football role.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

Pete Wild seems like a really well grounded likeable guy, and has been so impressive in the media these last few days.

I just don’t think this is his time, but certainly he’s one the club should be looking to prepare for the managers job down the line though. From the outside, it looks like he has a fairly stable role within the acedemy (and look how many years TP got out of that role) it may not be the best move for him to risk just a potential 6 months in the top job, only to find himself out of work with a young family at the end of the season.

Again I may be well wide of the mark, but I would image the team has been run almost by committee by coaches and senior players this last few weeks with Wild at the top of the tree, maybe there’s a way to continue along these lines with someone coming in with a Director of Football role.

The Director of Football role has been filled, albeit with the title Sporting Director, by ALs brother ML. 

It could work with PW, concentrating on the coaching, whilst AL & ML deal with all the finance etc. 

I think RW getting too involved with all that contributed to his own poorer performances.