2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Wasn't the best game but a win is a win. Referee was shite, gave himself nowhere to go after misslou's booking so there lad was unfortunate to be sent off. Thought the liner on the main stand touchline was checking her washing line the flag went up that often. 

Lyden looked like the player that Villa fans said we had. 

Bit of a muted atmosphere but the away support didn't help, they will be lucky to stay up on that showing. 

Both their lad's yellows were absolutely nailed on.

21 minutes ago, losesome said:

Had too many visions of stepping back into the early season tactics today.

Playing an extremely poor side at home with one up front.

At least 3 times in the first half both Hamer & Lang couldn't cross the ball because there was nobody in the box.

A win is a win but any top 6 side would have made us pay today and if that's what Wild has picked up from Bunn then we need a fresh face in.

Spurs, Liverpool and City all play with one striker...

The answer's not always 4-4-2. It's playing individuals in positions that get the best out of them that's important. You can play one up front and tear teams apart, and equally you can play two up front and be utterly toothless. This formation seems to get the best out of our wingers, Maouche, and both Missilou and Lyden, so it's fine by me.

20 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

The answer's not always 4-4-2. It's playing individuals in positions that get the best out of them that's important. You can play one up front and tear teams apart, and equally you can play two up front and be utterly toothless. This formation seems to get the best out of our wingers, Maouche, and both Missilou and Lyden, so it's fine by me.

They have world class players to do it !!!

Whilst I agree with a what you say, we are in league 2 and one thing the top 6 have in common..

Get men in the box , throw the ball in and something will happen.

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

Always been fascinated by this. Once discussed it with someone in the pro game.  He said the view was the more bodies and therefore less room in the box , the less likely it was that the attacking team would score hence defending teams bring everyone back.

Yep, and it’s absolute bollocks. You can still concede as there’s congestion and confusion in the box. If you clear it upfield, it’s only going to come straight back at you. 

3 hours ago, BJBlue said:

Too hungover to drive to BP today. Glad to see we're winning! 

It's a shame a couple more couldn't have been too hungover to drive to BP.

2 off the attendance in the prediction league...

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Forgive my ignorance but how so ? 

Because the new manager will have only a limited number of days to meet and select the team. 

He might not be the manager but he looks odds-on to be picking the team. 

(All of which don't apply if Clarke gets the job) 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Because the new manager will have only a limited number of days to meet and select the team. 

He might not be the manager but he looks odds-on to be picking the team. 

(All of which don't apply if Clarke gets the job) 

Oh right I see. Thought you were gonna quote me some rules for a minute then Medic

I don’t think Notts would have scored if we’d played the second half with two men and a dog.

Our shape looked good. Thought it was one of Branger’s better games for us, and the two holding midfielders did a good job of “putting out fires”.

Weird muted atmosphere in BP.

Our coffee is so bad.

I wouldn’t like to see us play 5 in midfield every week but I respected our professionalism today. Team has been given an excuse to feel sorry for itself & showed far more strength of character than last year.

Senior figures in the dressing room obviously have a positive influence, so I don’t want Clarke to get it- we need him on the pitch.

There’s still a chance for promotion so a steady Eddy manager might be what we need. Not sure who that is though

2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Spot on. 

A very comfortable win against a terrible side. The difficulty we have is that struggle to play through teams and rely on most of our chances being created from a wide position. When the likes of County have both winger and full-back dropped deep we soon run out of ideas.

8 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I don’t believe I’ve seen a worse professional league side than County, absolutely dreadful. God knows how the bookies had that squad as favourites for promotion. 

They came 5th last year, didn’t have our behind the scenes issues, and hadn’t lost their manager (unlike 4th place Exeter).

9 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I don’t believe I’ve seen a worse professional league side than County, absolutely dreadful. God knows how the bookies had that squad as favourites for promotion. 

They had absolutely nothing, not even heart. I was looking at them and thinking they had relegation written all over them. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They had absolutely nothing, not even heart. I was looking at them and thinking they had relegation written all over them. 

Yeh was shocking to watch...i’d be fuming if I was supporting them. At 2-0 down with time to get back into the game they had no urgency or desire to try and get a result. At times they helped us let the clock tick down time wasting!