Peter Clarke

9 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Sefil was on the bench Saturday wasn't he? Must have missed the story on the OS about his recall.

He was only loaned out for a month. The OS may not have thought that was worth an update. 

• Like 1

Think we must keep Clarke for another season as his influence on George this season has been fundamental in the lad's progress. With Tom Hamer and Sefil also learning the ropes it's essential that we keep our only senior defensive pro to facilitate their development, not to mention just having him around is a positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think we must keep Clarke for another season as his influence on George this season has been fundamental in the lad's progress. With Tom Hamer and Sefil also learning the ropes it's essential that we keep our only senior defensive pro to facilitate their development, not to mention just having him around is a positive.

It's more important to me that we don't let him leave the club and groom him to take over from Scholes, or the next man if Scholes doesn't stay long....

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Wonder if we'll be able to keep hold of George? that's if he wants to stay.

2 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

He's not that good, bang average for this league. 

Bring back the downvote. FFS are you kidding ? Have you seen much better against us ? He’s far better than the ‘in word’ you’ve used. Or maybe you just don’t know anything about football ? Must have never played before. 

21 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd be happy with this.

He isn't going to get much slower than he already is and having a true leader in the squad would be hard to replace.  We might not use him in every game next season but he'd be a great influence to have in the squad, as a player or a coach.

Agree 100% with Bosh. We do though as done have said need to get a younger but experienced centre back. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Bring back the downvote. FFS are you kidding ? Have you seen much better against us ? He’s far better than the ‘in word’ you’ve used. Or maybe you just don’t know anything about football ? Must have never played before. 

It's about opinions.  I think he's average league 2.

As talismanic as Clarke is (his last ditch clearances at Doncaster & Bury have been among the highlights of this season for me & I love the bloke) I do wonder if we'd be better off with a younger, pacier CB next season who would allow us to play a higher line. 

I'd keep him on though as a player coach to throw on to see games out or throw in for a few games here and there to cover injuries. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:45 PM, Londonboy said:

I like George. Showed he has the makings of a good player this season and a potential captain. Still has a lot to learn however and needs to understand this. 

Agree he's better than bang average! 

There will be players of the same age  as George in Premiership under 23 teams who will be retained and won't be as good.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
I hope people on here send a message to the owner for the Player of the Year Award too. Some valuable members of the squad like Callum Lang, but one man needs to win this.
VOTE CLARKE
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7ZND3JP

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/may/01052019-player-of-the-season/

Edited by singe

16 minutes ago, singe said:

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
I hope people on here sned a message to the owner for the Payer of the Year Award too. Some valuable members of the squad like Callum Lang, but one man needs to win this.
VOTE CLARKE
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7ZND3JP

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/may/01052019-player-of-the-season/

i'll vote for player but not payer....apart from Nando's and a box of Persil...what has Clarkey paid for?