Peter Clarke

3 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

And George

Not true. 

Although he has said that if a club at a higher level comes in for him he’d like the opportunity to chat to them and look at a move. Totally understandable and something the club should honour!

• Like 1

Peter Clarke - the word inspirational is much over-used these days - but Clarkey, it's very apt for you. Despite age starting to catch up with you, you have given your all to the cause and remained stoic throughout some very difficult times with us (including being unceremoniously packed off to f - in tosspot Bury). Anyone with the slightest football brain would have ensured you stayed on in some capacity at Latics - in fact, they would have bent over backwards to ensure you stayed on.

The fact that hasn't happened shows a) not a lot is known about football at our club by the decision makers and b) perfectly the direction we are heading - and it's certainly not upwards.

Thank you for your massive contribution and the very best of luck wherever life takes you.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Peter Clarke - the word inspirational is much over-used these days - but Clarkey, it's very apt for you. Despite age starting to catch up with you, you have given your all to the cause and remained stoic throughout some very difficult times with us (including being unceremoniously packed off to f - in tosspot Bury). Anyone with the slightest football brain would have ensured you stayed on in some capacity at Latics - in fact, they would have bent over backwards to ensure you stayed on.

The fact that hasn't happened shows a) not a lot is known about football at our club by the decision makers and b) perfectly the direction we are heading - and it's certainly not upwards.

Thank you for your massive contribution and the very best of luck wherever life takes you.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Absolutely spot on!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's nothing short of a disgrace that Clarke was released without so much as a "Thank you" for his efforts and being a great leader. Something like this would have been appropriate...

100% but what do you expect with the clowns at the wheel. 

Regardless of how the club feel about it I'm pretty sure Peter Clarke knows just how well he's regarded by our clubs fans, wherever he ends up I'm sure he will always receive a warm welcome from our supporters it's just a shame the club cant bring themselves to acknowledge his efforts over the last three years.

A huge miss going into next season given that he bridged the gap and divisions within the playing squad, ultimately releasing him could prove to be the clowns biggest mistake to date given what happened to us when he was farmed out to Bury.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

100% but what do you expect with the clowns at the wheel. 

Regardless of how the club feel about it I'm pretty sure Peter Clarke knows just how well he's regarded by our clubs fans, wherever he ends up I'm sure he will always receive a warm welcome from our supporters it's just a shame the club cant bring themselves to acknowledge his efforts over the last three years.

A huge miss going into next season given that he bridged the gap and divisions within the playing squad, ultimately releasing him could prove to be the clowns biggest mistake to date given what happened to us when he was farmed out to Bury.

This, for all the clamour about selling George, I think its fair to say that George wasn't our best central defender last season.